Social Tense Encounter Between Covington HS Kids and Nathan Phillips

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm with you. Everyone gets a paddlin' now.

Agree. It's too bad that this story went viral before the full facts were know.

To be clear, the kids, I think, were still acting like brats, but there are plenty of extenuating factors.

There is a lot of negative fallout from this:

1. The kids and school got a bunch of threats (that were never appropriate, for the record, no matter what their behavior was like.)
2. Now the kids are getting made into some types of heroes by the right, which is also inappropriate.
3. People will have the excuse to look at any video clip in the future and just disregard it because "media manipulation." It will lead towards greater divergence in accepted narratives.

BUT, I will also say, the media is in a difficult circumstance here. In 2019 when a story goes viral on social media, that itself is news, so the MSM has to cover it when it happens.

Then more footage turns up and their coverage turned out to be incomplete... the most they can do is offer a sincere follow up.

But still, some people will never accept that their initial mistake was honest (although some of these same people will accept something like a Project Veritas hit job totally uncritically).

Confirmation bias run amok on both sides.

It's just a mess.

Not a single word directing blame at the instigator and person who perpetuated the story, the Chief. He lied about nearly every aspect of the story and placed blame on the boys, instead of himself and the black israelites. I doubt you'll say anything about that because you're too afraid to place blame on anyone with minority status. Sad!

Not a single word directing blame at the instigator and person who perpetuated the story, the Chief. He lied about nearly every aspect of the story and placed blame on the boys, instead of himself and the black israelites. I doubt you'll say anything about that because you're too afraid to place blame on anyone with minority status. Sad!
I like how he tries to disarm us with a little Simpsons reference. Yeah, not happening.

You notice that's the same narrative some of the die hard posters are also using here

Yes we were wrong. But the kids still wore MAGA hats and were disrespectful by smiling and dancing. And the real problem is people are to upset that people pushed a false story even after the truth came out

How can smiling at an aggressive agitator be considered offensive? The Indian fellow invaded his personal space, touched him multiple times, and was shouting and drumming in his face. But because the student is white he isn't allowed to smile at the absurdity?

And the people saying the smirk was bad are the same people who give zero blame to the toxic bully Indian who lied about everything.

How could anyone do those mental gymnastics?

Damn! What a thread!

LOL @ all of the back-peddling, self-described intellectuals being caught hook-line-and-sinker and doubling/tripling/quadrupling down on the narrative.

I was able to admit that I got duped, why cant most of Sherdog's Biggest Brains?

Also, the Black Hebrew Israelites are the most garbage people, straight-up worthless shitheads wherever they turn up.

yes, the media demonized the kids..... but were they innocent victims like you guys are portraying? no, they most certainly were not

Jesus Christ...
You're literally saying something analogous to: "Yeah, we executed them because we thought they had murdered someone. But are they the innocent victims you guys are portraying? No, here's a video of them jaywalking. They're clearly assholes"

The entire point is that the extent of the coverage and the extent of the harassment and abuse these kids have received is because people believed the initial story. Some of the kids being assholes is not a national news story.

Jesus Christ...
You're literally saying something analogous to: "Yeah, we executed them because we thought they had murdered someone. But are they the innocent victims you guys are portraying? No, here's a video of them jaywalking. They're clearly assholes"

The entire point is that the extent of the coverage and the extent of the harassment and abuse these kids have received is because people believed the initial story. Some of the kids being assholes is not a national news story.
Will-Ferrell-Thats-dumb.gif

hi p4pgoat,

ummm, yes. that's the point i made very early in this thread. like, a hundred posts or so.

they are teenagers, thus, they are acting like teenagers.

i'm glad to see you agree with me, my friend.

go run for POTUS, mate. i wish you well. the In Defense of Jamie Lee Curtis legislation that you plan to introduce no doubt will stir the masses.
Godspeed.

- IGIT
I see you changed the thread title, I am glad you agree with me.

I dont like posts that start with a "so what you are saying is......"

Are you still too much of a coward to call out Chief Crying Wolf for his role in the entire incident?

Lying about being surrounded by the kids.
Lying about the kids approaching him.
Lying about what the kids chanted.
Lying about the kids throwing beer cans.
Lying about going to protect the black Israelites from the kids.
Calling the kids beasts and the black Israelites their prey.

Or does his minority status protect him from any criticism?

In this particular instance, there are still disgusting people on both sides.

How were the kids disgusting? For what? Chanting their school song? Smiling? The tomahawk? If they're disgusting for that, then I guess you really hate Florida State fans, Chiefs fans, Braves fans ect.

There's plenty of disgusting things the black Israelites did and plenty of disgusting things Phillips and his ilk did. but not so much the kids.

Just another look at the incident.

at the 11min mark which Sherdogger was that telling those kids that they're school shooters and to go shoot up a school?

@DeJulez ? @Trotsky ? @Falsedawn ?

In this particular instance, there are still disgusting people on both sides.
So very partial of you. So you would say that both sides are equal in being disgusting over this particular instance then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back