TERRIBLE fight plan and IQ for Paul Craig

Volkan looked very slow, but hey he won.
Craig was quite annoying.

10 years ago everyone thought MMA would be killing boxing and be on its way to the top of the sports world. But let's be honest, they're both mostly shit. I'd say MMA declined harder than boxing did since a decade ago. Lightweight is the only interesting divsion.

Volkan's punches were underwater tier as well, volume + zero takedown threat alone would have been enough

did he started hanging out with ryan hall as of late or something? that was painful to watch

Watching these fools makes me so depressed that i was injured back to back n never got to fight. Amateurs at its best.

Ever heard of Demian Maia

I’m a fan of Maia’s body lock takedown. Also, appreciate that his sole focus is top game/back take for RNC.

It’s cool when Craig can pull off a submission. That fight just looked silly trying to half ass takedowns and pull guard.

Before the fight he looked super focused, super intimidating, and like he was going to make quick work of Oezdemir.

then he proceeds to pull guard over and over and run out of gas lol.

total letdown.
Now I understand why Dana let Corey Anderson go. He had such great and exciting fighters like Craig and Volkan.

this is why i never got the hype around him. the guy beats one decent fighter in Jamahal Hill and then all of a sudden people were acting like he was a beast. he's always been like this. flopping on his back and gassing.

it's all he knows, he's limited, he never begged any of you to buy into his hype so stop acting like you've been cheated
I think what's crazy about it tho is that he doesn't actually have that bad if striking. Guys are so afraid to hit the ground it opens up even more moments for him and he's showing he can touch higher level strikers. And he has good reach and height even against the bigger guys

it's all he knows, he's limited, he never begged any of you to buy into his hype so stop acting like you've been cheated

That's fine but don't put on a braveheart battle warrior persona then deliver the fans the complete opposite. He deserves to be dunked on.

Wtf was he supposed to do? He wasn't going to take Volkan down.. He would have gotten KO'ed if he didn't flop around

Oezdemir does so much damage, its scary. Those short shots almost knocked out Craig.

oezdemir is alright. he looks like jason statham had a baby with firas zahabi.

Qarq0Uo.jpg

I think what's crazy about it tho is that he doesn't actually have that bad if striking. Guys are so afraid to hit the ground it opens up even more moments for him and he's showing he can touch higher level strikers. And he has good reach and height even against the bigger guys

but he lacks confidence. he can be like Werdum if he just had more confidence.

Back