International Tesla's Cybertruck (AKA 'The Elon') Tested on BBC's Top Gear

The Y easily rips through snow

Cybertruck has 17” clearance and globs of power. Can’t imagine it doing worse than the Y.

I sure hope it doesn't do worse than the Y. Because your latest video is similar to cars driving around town here on a Tuesday.

Don't get me wrong, I'm impressed by its acceleration and towing capabilities (from what I've heard). I'm just worried that by its battery issues in the cold and lack of any evidence (so far) of good 4x4 abilities, that it's just an over priced toy.

Please post some videos of the Cyber Truck climbing mountain trails in multiple feet of snow when you see one. You seem to be a purveyor or collector of Tesla videos. I'm sure you'll find one soon. Thanks in advance.

I sure hope it doesn't do worse than the Y. Because your latest video is similar to cars driving around town here on a Tuesday.

Don't get me wrong, I'm impressed by its acceleration and towing capabilities (from what I've heard). I'm just worried that by its battery issues in the cold and lack of any evidence (so far) of good 4x4 abilities, that it's just an over priced toy.

Please post some videos of the Cyber Truck climbing mountain trails in multiple feet of snow when you see one. You seem to be a purveyor or collector of Tesla videos. I'm sure you'll find one soon. Thanks in advance.
You seem to be changing goal posts, if it can climb Everest, it must be crap in the snow.

Funny how it would suck in the snow based on your limited knowledge of how Tesla works, then deviating to a demand that it be able to climb 45 degrees and perform like your CRV. It won’t perform like a crv, it smokes it in every single way. Enjoy your crv

You seem to be changing goal posts, if it can climb Everest, it must be crap in the snow.

Funny how it would suck in the snow based on your limited knowledge of how Tesla works, then deviating to a demand that it be able to climb 45 degrees and perform like your CRV. It won’t perform like a crv, it smokes it in every single way. Enjoy your crv
Reading comprehension much?

Read my posts again buckaroo. I said my wife's CRV could handle snow just like the snow in your videos. When I was asking for snow videos and I kept asking about its ability to chain up, I figured, you would figure, that that closed course dusted snow bullshit they do promos on wasn't what I was looking for. I clarified this in my last post.

Have a nice day, and enjoy your Tesla videos.

Reading comprehension much?

Read my posts again buckaroo. I said my wife's CRV could handle snow just like the snow in your videos. When I was asking for snow videos and I kept asking about its ability to chain up, I figured, you would figure, that that closed course dusted snow bullshit they do promos on wasn't what I was looking for. I clarified this in my last post.

Have a nice day, and enjoy your Tesla videos.
keep on concern trolling, you're almost there

keep on concern trolling, you're almost there
Concern trolling? I had to look that one up because it wasn't in my lexicon.

Good one bud. You're the one who is "almost there." But hey, I learned something this morning, so good on you for helping me out with that.

I remember laughing when Hummer came out. Because it looks so bad.
Then Cyber truck said "hold my beer"
the hummer is gigantic. like a small home.

my old office was next to a Tesla repair center and I might swing by to see how many cyber trucks are on the lot a few weeks after release. That place was always slammed.

There's no way this thing is going to succeed. Straight up it looks completely hideous, there's not enough electric infrastructure for this to be used in rural remote conditions and from what I've seen it's offroad capabilities are pretty average. Not to mention, the money wasted on engineering on stupid features no one asked for and the marketing. I don't even know with its size and shape it would pass safety regulations in a lot of countries.

For the same amount of money you could buy a Landcruiser that would literally last you a lifetime and has the capabilities to take you anywhere.

I don't expect Tesla to be a major player in 20+ years when the Germans and Japanese are mass producing electric vehicles. They will not be on the same page when it comes to production quality.

You might like the 'engineers' section of that YouTube video if you want to know more about the truck. Quite interesting.

The parallels with this and 'The Homer' though are they're both monstrously fucking ugly and cost far too much to make lol

- Looks like a design from a bad Power Ranger car themed season.

There's no way this thing is going to succeed. Straight up it looks completely hideous, there's not enough electric infrastructure for this to be used in rural remote conditions and from what I've seen it's offroad capabilities are pretty average. Not to mention, the money wasted on engineering on stupid features no one asked for and the marketing. I don't even know with its size and shape it would pass safety regulations in a lot of countries.

For the same amount of money you could buy a Landcruiser that would literally last you a lifetime and has the capabilities to take you anywhere.

I don't expect Tesla to be a major player in 20+ years when the Germans and Japanese are mass producing electric vehicles. They will not be on the same page when it comes to production quality.

- The Volkswagen Kombi been kicking ass for how many decades?

But i for one, as a lover for innovative car designs, admire Ellon fro getting out of the trend of today, that all cars look the same.

I even think that Elon is on the joke. Nobody would care, about the car, they knew that, and found a way to make people talk about it. THey probably have a better design in storage.

I don't think this truck's competition is a $100k SUV that gets 15mpg, or the pathetic 2024 LC with the turbo 4cyl.

Nobody has reviewed the off-road capabilities yet, but we may be surprised--it hooks up a lot better than other EV trucks, so the traction control system may be pretty damn good. It's great ground clearance, torque, and low center of gravity will most likely allow it to embarrass traditional 4x4's off road.

Looks are subjective, I like the looks--it's bold and has moved the design of trucks out of the rut they've been in for 100 years.

I don't think this truck's competition is a $100k SUV that gets 15mpg, or the pathetic 2024 LC with the turbo 4cyl.

Nobody has reviewed the off-road capabilities yet, but we may be surprised--it hooks up a lot better than other EV trucks, so the traction control system may be pretty damn good. It's great ground clearance, torque, and low center of gravity will most likely allow it to embarrass traditional 4x4's off road.

Looks are subjective, I like the looks--it's bold and has moved the design of trucks out of the rut they've been in for 100 years.

Landcruiser is a legend. There's a reason why the UN, international aid agencies, farmers, ranchers, mining companies, rebel armies, militias, militaries, safari tour operators etc.. the world over use landcruisers. Now the L.C. these entities use is the 70s series , 100 series and 200 series; the L.C. that we get is built to the same high standard, it's just more luxurious.

The odds of the CT dethroning the Land Cruiser as the best 4x4 or 4x4 pickup is very very slim.

Last edited:
408115225_353213413979285_2720144124739412179_n.jpg

Back