International Tesla's Cybertruck (AKA 'The Elon') Tested on BBC's Top Gear

I don't think this truck's competition is a $100k SUV that gets 15mpg, or the pathetic 2024 LC with the turbo 4cyl.

Nobody has reviewed the off-road capabilities yet, but we may be surprised--it hooks up a lot better than other EV trucks, so the traction control system may be pretty damn good. It's great ground clearance, torque, and low center of gravity will most likely allow it to embarrass traditional 4x4's off road.

Looks are subjective, I like the looks--it's bold and has moved the design of trucks out of the rut they've been in for 100 years.
They will be entry price range of around $90,000 in my country, which for the same price can you get a premium 4x4 that will literally last you a lifetime. No one is going to buy these cars living in remote or regional country, I'm not sure on what market they're going for but it's certainly not for country folk. Certainly wouldn't work in my country.

As for offroad capabilities, I could literally do this in my Legacy GT on coilovers.

They will be entry price range of around $90,000 in my country, which for the same price can you get a premium 4x4 that will literally last you a lifetime. No one is going to buy these cars living in remote or regional country, I'm not sure on what market they're going for but it's certainly not for country folk. Certainly wouldn't work in my country.

As for offroad capabilities, I could literally do this in my Legacy GT on coilovers.

Listen to the last one.

<6>

Jesus christ. Didn't realize how long the wheel base is either, simply won't work on a lot of moderate trails let alone serious offroading.

To be fair, those drivers are shit. You can tell they aren't used to driving a big vehicle. If they had entered the turn wide, they could have made it without backing up.

To be fair, those drivers are shit. You can tell they aren't used to driving a big vehicle. If they had entered the turn wide, they could have made it without backing up.
Lmao that's some extreme cope bruvva

Face it - that fugly abortion is an absolute disaster of a rolling trash can and your zaddy Enron is a con man

Lmao that's some extreme cope bruvva

Face it - that fugly abortion is an absolute disaster of a rolling trash can and your zaddy Enron is a con man

I don't know where you got that I like the Cybertruck, or that I'm a Musk supporter.

Jesus christ. Didn't realize how long the wheel base is either, simply won't work on a lot of moderate trails let alone serious offroading.
How many pickup trucks are used for offroading? How many pickup trucks are used for legit work?

They're a weird status symbol now.

I don't know where you got that I like the Cybertruck, or that I'm a Musk supporter.
I figured you were an Enron simp since you defended the cybertrash video by saying they were just bad drivers implying the cybertrash is fine

I figured you were an Enron simp since you defended the cybertrash video by saying they were just bad drivers implying the cybertrash is fine

Can you read, my son?
If I was implying the Cyber truck is fine, why would I post a video specifically mentioning to listen to the messed up one at the end?

Landcruiser is a legend. There's a reason why the UN, international aid agencies, farmers, ranchers, mining companies, rebel armies, militias, militaries, safari tour operators etc.. the world over use landcruisers. Now the L.C. these entities use is the 70s series , 100 series and 200 series; the L.C. that we get is built to the same high standard, it's just more luxurious.

The odds of the CT dethroning the Land Cruiser as the best 4x4 or 4x4 pickup is very very slim.

I know, I own two (80 and 100 series). Both are gas guzzlers and slow as hell, and cost more than the CT (when new and adjusted for inflation)... and I'm fairly certain the CT's traction system is probably miles better, as is stock ground clearance, turning radius, and approach angles.

But nobody would trust an EV for actual off-road duty, so I'm with you there.

Unfortunately Toyota has stopped producing new landcruiser models, and instead just attached the name to some cheaply made bronco knockoff with a 4 cylinder turbo. No way are they cutting the MSRP in half and delivering the same quality.

Back