"Thank God for child abuse..."

The more I think about it, the more I find it somewhat inappropriate to expect that a man should, or would, find peace in life because of attaining a UFC championship belt (or any other comparable achievement), when they had a horrible, pain-filled childhood.

For some people, it's never going to be "all good now", no matter what. The damage is done.

The more I think about it, the more I find it somewhat inappropriate to expect that a man should, or would, find peace in life because of attaining a UFC championship belt (or any other comparable achievement), when they had a horrible, pain-filled childhood.

For some people, it's never going to be "all good now", no matter what. The damage is done.

Yeah it was a stupid question tbh. He might be able to find solace through counselling or introspection but fighting isn't going to cure it.

It could drive him I guess though.

Shitttt violence and abuse made me a better tougher person, perhaps, but the mental scars always remain

Yeah it was a stupid question tbh. He might be able to find solace through counselling or introspection but fighting isn't going to cure it.

It could drive him I guess though.

Yes, there is no real cure for that kind of trauma in many people. Only perhaps death.

He's got a point though. Almost every champion out there has that murderous psychopath in him, constantly thinking about how he'd beat the shit out of anyone who might be in sight or in mind.

That fighter who's bleeding and concussed and been battered for 2 1/2 rounds and is still fighting his way up from the canvas isn't doing so because of a loving childhood or progressive parenting or because he's a nice guy at heart.

So sad hes still in pain from that every day. Big up Sean, I hope he knows the world is proud of him

It was a really stupid, insensitive, fucking question.. journalists think they are going to go deep and get an emotional response when in reality... they are talking about deep personal crap they know nothing about.

This guy is a mentally stunted dunce desperately trying to sound edgy and "krazy." No wonder half of the morons here feel a connection. "I don't have a conscience. I killed a dog." Wow.

<{clintugh}>

Sean quite clearly has a conscience. In saying he doesn't have one, I just took it as him trying to express, in some way, that he's aware of his traumatized mental state, and that it's caused him some emotional issues.

The question was somewhat insensitive, but that's journalism. Sean handled it well. It only makes sense to joke about it.

I can confirm everything you said here sir, from personal experience.
No matter how much money I have made, no matter how much time has passed that damage is in me and it doesn't just go away.

Sad that he suffered to the point that he can't even find some solace in becoming world champion. That's rough.

How could you have watched that video and state that? If you can't see that Sean is completely ecstatic in that moment and how much becoming UFC champion clearly means to him, then you are in a much worse place than Sean has ever been.

You don't need to be Dr Phil to see how obvious it is that Sean's words do not match his actions and feelings at all. His crazy talk is a thin veil to protect himself from people seeing the person he really is for fear of opening himself up to more abuse.

People need to watch the interview to see he was being ironic with the question before shitting on him.

How could you have watched that video and state that? If you can't see that Sean is completely ecstatic in that moment and how much becoming UFC champion clearly means to him, then you are in a much worse place than Sean has ever been.

You don't need to be Dr Phil to see how obvious it is that Sean's words do not match his actions and feelings at all. His crazy talk is a thin veil to protect himself from people seeing the person he really is for fear of opening himself up to more abuse.

I could see that being a part of it, sure.

I can also see it coming from an authentic place, and he's being honest when saying that the happiness was generally fleeting for the reasons given.

Back