That fight looked so weird

Laura mentioned this in the broadcast.

Of all the rounds that izzy trained, how many do you think he trained walking backwards being constantly pressured... probably none.

And so does
Not sayin it was fixed at all. But sean just walked forward and scored on izzy all night long. He was not scared 1 bit. And izzy never seemed to gameplan for sean’s obvious walk forward and punch style.

did that 1 knockdown change the whole fight for izzy?
And the same goes for Alex vs izzy

Izzy is getting figured out is all, his gimmick of kick run boxing is getting exposed. Anderson knocked people out with different techniques each fight for a long stretch. That's god level matrix shit, not this bike fighting ish
Come on I am not an Israel fan but he fought the who's who and won. Strikers, wrestlers and submission guys. There is no special technique to beat him.

That was a man like a deer in the lights on a Saturday night. No idea what to do other than freeze up and run.

Go watch the Romero fight. Izzy was scared of the power.

I think he was so confident he was gonna beat Sean he didn't take his seriously. I thought the same

Trying to still figure out how a poor man's Archie Moore is MW champ after beating a striker like Adesanya no less.

The freaking mummy is the UFC MW champ - he can fight DDP for the most uncoordinated fighter title.

Last edited:
Not sayin it was fixed at all. But sean just walked forward and scored on izzy all night long. He was not scared 1 bit. And izzy never seemed to gameplan for sean’s obvious walk forward and punch style.

did that 1 knockdown change the whole fight for izzy?

adesanya fights to not lose. Strickland pressured him and feinted and blocked and made him try and strike so he could counter.

the man behind the smoke and mirrors was exposed

I hear ya but Israel has been very active. He needs a break. Who would you pick in a rematch?

No reason to think Strickland couldn't do the exact same thing a second time. If it ended in the first after the knock down I would have been confident in an Izzy win in the rematch, but a 5 round display like that, Izzy literally showed nothing.

No reason to think Strickland couldn't do the exact same thing a second time. If it ended in the first after the knock down I would have been confident in an Izzy win in the rematch, but a 5 round display like that, Izzy literally showed nothing.
Yes but I think he needs a rest. Coming off the win he just had he probably thought this would be a walk in the park

I wouldn't say it is an upset in terms of a performance. Sean really shut down Israel and Israel didn't try to make adjustments mid fight. No elbows or knees even when Sean was in range. It's like the team didn't have a plan B at all.

Izzy got dropped early and was uncomfortable in the hand fight, then he los the jab battle totally and it was wrapped as he was essentially banking on weird lean back angled hooks for a ko ans hard kicks that didn't keep Strickland off.

I think Izzy totally under estimated Sean's striking

And after nearly being finished in the first.. Izzy did try to adjust himself, granted he won the 2nd round

But Sean's cutting of angles and repeatedly being in Izzy's face.. didn't give Izzy much chance for kicking Sean. Other than the leg kicks

Back