That Is Why I'll Never Attend a UFC Ticketed Event - Have you?

285 underwhelmed? Neal vs Shavkat, Grasso upset, Jones return, sloppy brawl between Brunson and DDP? Man, I thought the card played out good.

Lmao ya admittedly I was very drunk and don’t remember much

like stealth puke in my seat drunk

I’ve never been to one. The MMA drunk frat boy crowd doesn’t do anything for me and I’d imagine trying to be watch a fight obscured by a cage isn’t very fun.

The sound is probably interesting but I’d rather just watch on TV. Maybe once just to experience it.

Reactions: MT5
Meh. It isn't really in the UFC's control with the outcome of the fight or if somebody pulls out. With that being said, I would never make a whole planned trip around a UFC event. We have all seen people get burnt really bad by UFC cards after reserving plane tickets, hotels, PTO, UFC tickets.

I know it sucks paying for an event and then having mediocre results but that's the risk you have to accept.

I attended:

UFC 42

UFC 43

Ortiz vs. Shamrock 3: The Final Chapter

Rashad Evans vs. Sean Salmon UFC Fight Night

Sam Stout vs. Spencer Fisher 2 UFC Fight Night

Not UFC, but I think it’s worth noting I also attended the Kimbo Slice vs. Tank Abbott Elite XC event

I don’t think I’ll ever attend a UFC event again. It’s way too expensive now. In those days, $300 got you ringside practically. Now, aren’t the nosebleeds $400? Plus, now that I’m older, I don’t know if I’d handle the massive crowds well. I’m assuming it’s probably a lot crazier at UFC events now?

Went for top seats at the Cruz/Vera fight night in San Diego. We had a blast and it wasn't too bad to be in nosebleeds. The atmosphere was lit and my fiancé had lots of fun too. We were lucky it was great fights all night. I can't imagine sitting through one of those boring cards.

Been to multiple events, some in the rafters, one in the first row!! Couldn't see s**t at either. Watched big screen to see anything.

Watching from mancave best. No thanks live.

UFC used to be cheap a long time ago. Cheapest seats were 35 bucks and 350 is front row. 150 is somewhat in the front section.

i sat floor for Stephens vs Emmett for like $200 a seat so I think it just really depends on venue and who's on the card.

i sat floor for Stephens vs Emmett for like $200 a seat so I think it just really depends on venue and who's on the card.
I think the main/co event was Tito and Hughes. I also went to the Lidell/Wanderlei one. That was slightly more but I thought it was because of location.

It's a cool experience if you've never done it, but I have probably gone to 5-6 UFC events and feel like I've seen it all. Maybe if I am in Vegas on vacation and its a big fight I'd go again, but not going out of my way.

I think you can be just as entertained watching in the comfort of your own house though.

I have been to two events, honestly better time at home on big T.V.

I wanted to attend UFC 295 in NY. Cheapest ticket is 858$ before tax. That's in 400 section range where you wont be able to see anything. Decent seats are starting from 2k.
Unbelievable that people pay that kind of money for these watered-down events. Only in a situation like the Pride GP would I pay 2 grand, which likely means I will never go to a UFC event again. Fun to go to the fight, but you can see better at home anyway. My UFC tickets were reasonable the last time I went, but that was UFC 73 in 2007.

Back