That time that Frank Shamrock made Dan Henderson scream in agony

It's crazy he was "retired" at 27 during his prime. Fought once between 2000 and 2006. Those are prime years at LHW too. The matchups we could have seen....

Sakuraba (almost happened)
Wand
Shogun
Chuck
Randy
Arona
Hendo
Frank was too small to fight most of those guys. He beat Tito but once MMA evolved and more fighters started cutting serious weight, he would've given up a lot of size to Arona, Randy, Chuck, etc. His last fight vs. Nick Diaz was at 180. Sakuraba would've been a great fight. Beyond that he probably should've fought guys like Pat Militech and others between WW and MW.

Frank was too small to fight most of those guys. He beat Tito but once MMA evolved and more fighters started cutting serious weight, he would've given up a lot of size to Arona, Randy, Chuck, etc. His last fight vs. Nick Diaz was at 180. Sakuraba would've been a great fight. Beyond that he probably should've fought guys like Pat Militech and others between WW and MW.

Was going to say this likely would have forced him to cut to MW like he eventually did, but during the years I mentioned, I think we would have have seen him at LHW more than MW. My point is, some of those fights would have happened for sure.

I agree, and have mentioned before, that I think he likely would be a WW today.

Reactions: mkt
That time Frank Shamrock made Bas Rutten question his open palm striking power..

7Kcq.gif
lol...there was always a certain charisma about Frank Shamrock and a truly great fighter...probably my favorite fighter of all time. What some people may not know is that even when this fight happened, he and Bas were pretty good friends.

You've only been here since 2018 no way I saw that live or even a long time ago.

Is that a typo?
either way, Wow the lack of common sense is amazing.

So my avatar pic is me and Fedor from 2009 and you think i just started watching mma in 2018? Ever heard of a concept called banning?

Was going to say this likely would have forced him to cut to MW like he eventually did, but during the years I mentioned, I think we would have have seen him at LHW more than MW. My point is, some of those fights would have happened for sure.

I agree, and have mentioned before, that I think he likely would be a WW today.
Yeah, and I think Frank would've lost a rematch to Tito a few years later, as Tito improved his cardio and sub-defense. Tito kept trying to get rematches and I'm glad it never happened. That was a great win for Frank, but those "David vs. Goliath" wins stopped happening as fighters' skill levels went up. The same was true for Sakuraba, who had no business repeatedly fighting guys like Wand and Arona.

Both of them are equally as good at pissing away their prime years. Can't blame Ken as much for making money though.
Yeah, Ken and Tank Abbott both went to pro wrestling to get paid more and to have surgeries paid for. Can't blame them, but I wish neither returned to MMA. They were too old and the sport evolved a lot when they were gone.

Also likely before Dan knew anything about submissions. I didn't even watch because I've seen it a million times, but at the end of the video he doesn't even know what a heel hook is.

exxuse he knew what was

i always felt Frank was way better then ken but ken seem get all the attention :sniper:
I think a lot of people felt that way. I was big Ken fan when I was younger, but honestly as I’ve grown older and with the countless interviews, and articles I’ve come realize Ken was kinda exactly what Tito said he was, a meathead bully. Frank saw that with Ken’s “Lions Den” lack of training practices (beat the piss out of each other), and rightfully parted ways to become much more successful as a fighter than Ken. I mean for shits sake Ken brought a body builder on as a coach of TUF 3, oh yeah and made his team watch of tapes of himself fighting.

Yeah, Ken and Tank Abbott both went to pro wrestling to get paid more and to have surgeries paid for. Can't blame them, but I wish neither returned to MMA. They were too old and the sport evolved a lot when they were gone.

Being a Ken fan is like when your favorite band sells out, and you continue to listen to their new albums against your instinct's because you support them, only to realize years later that the last few albums were terrible. It's been a long time since I've seen a "Fall from Grace" thread on here, but I remember when those threads were entirely about Ken Shamrock. The worst Ken loss for me was Robert Berry. Losing to Tito was understandable, and I remember thinking he'll just go to a smaller show and crush people. It took me all the way until the Berry fight to be like, "okay... Ken's done".

how many sherdoggers you think have seen it? You're acting like it's more than 3/4's, when you know that's not true. Try to interject with something valid next time bro.

lol at being so pathetic you feel the need to tell everyone you've been a fan for so long.

Insecure much?

2001 account here!!!!!!!!

Is that a typo?
either way, Wow the lack of common sense is amazing.

So my avatar pic is me and Fedor from 2009 and you think i just started watching mma in 2018? Ever heard of a concept called banning?
Wait so you're a returning banned user?

Back