The 13 best beer countries in the world, ranked

I did not expect us to be on this list.

Huh.

McSorleys has that London old feel. But no selection, lol....Light or Dark. A sleeve of saltines. Sawdust on the floor and urinals from the floor to your chest. What a great place though. I never had Coconut ale....But I love the flavor so I’ll have to try one.

They had some of the hottest mustard I've ever had in my life. It was so good. Even though the selection is tiny it feels like they haven't updated the prices since 1985 and IMO that makes up for it. Sometimes light or dark is all the choice I need.

As for coconut ales, try Maui Brewing Coconut Porter. It isn't as good as the one I get locally, but it's one of the better coconuts available in a decently wide area.

Americans can claim they got the best beer in the world, but when you have so many hipster producing small quantities of a type of beer whose only objective is to create a rich flavor profile for blind tests, of course they will rock taste tests.

The reality however is.

top-20-beers-america-infographic.png

The real trick is creating a beer that you can drink over and over and over without getting tired of it.

Not creating a beer with such a flavor profile that it will taste amazing at first but quickly gets tiring and even nauseating.

This is a good point.

There's certainly lots of great quality in the US but it's very sparse and concentrated in only a few places. That awesome brewery in your city isn't available for 99% of the US population. The majority of bars, restaurants and convenience stores will sell the same old Anheuser Busch crap with maybe, maybe, a couple of good, local microbrews. If you live out in rural area, forget it. It's Natty Light or Busch, no questions asked.

I say this as an elitist hipster that hasn't bought a single Coors/Miller/Bud crap in several years.

So a good comparison would be mainstream vs mainstream. We know that in a best available vs best available battle the US is right near the top.

How da fook is Czech Republic not on the list? Their Pilsner is da bomb

How da fook is Czech Republic not on the list? Their Pilsner is da bomb

It is mostly cheap, but yes, it is also good. I love me some Kozel.

agechecker-mug.png

If you order a Řezaný, they mix the normal one and the dark one and it is amazing.

kozel.jpg

But yeah, Belgium deserves #1.

I'd argue Canada's craft scene is borderline as good as USA just much smaller. Probably about 2 years behind most of the US innovations. Every town has a craft brewery or 2 it seems.

Don't think so. Québec has microbreweries that are like 30y-o now, which make Belgian type ales.

Canada is definitely underrated imo. it’s no US, Belgium or Germany, but still. it’s hard to compete w/ the big three when all is said & done

Don't think so. Québec has microbreweries that are like 30y-o now, which make Belgian type ales.
I'm a fan of many of them however I'm not sure what you mean?
Canada is not close to the USA or we are closer then a few years behind them?

Well, im giving craft beer another try, went to the store and found some honey amber ale, whatever that means.

I guess i just hate hops because while it was nice on the first half, im already tired of it by the second one.

Although i just bought a craft Vienna style lager and i think i found my favorite beer.

Minerva+Viena+2.jpg

Well, im giving craft beer another try, went to the store and found some honey amber ale, whatever that means.

I guess i just hate hops because while it was nice on the first half, im already tired of it by the second one.

Although i just bought a craft Vienna style lager and i think i found my favorite beer.

Minerva+Viena+2.jpg
Why don't you do a little research (Beer Advocate) and start with an well rated, unoffensive, balanced, mellow ale like a Blonde or Cream Ale. That's where I started. Read about a local ale that received an award, liked it enough and went from there. There are lots of crappy craft beers out there. Went to Florida over Xmas and stopped at a microbrewery for dinner. I had a couple of flights of beer and there was one I might recommend. I generally like Amber's but the one I tried was one of the worst beers I've had. On the other hand, got a suggestion from a guy on here for breweries in the area and picked up a few six packs to bring back. All were good.

I still prefer a more balanced beer but dip into the hoppy variety depending what I'm eating or the mood I'm in. I drink my wife's Corona's now and then. It's a good hot weather beer.

I traveled to Guadalajara a few years ago and looked for a local brewery. Specifically looked for a Minerva when I was there...didn't like. Funky taste.

I'm a fan of many of them however I'm not sure what you mean?
Canada is not close to the USA or we are closer then a few years behind them?

I mean that microbreweries have been a thing in Québec for more than 20 years.

My statement is merely that they cannot be a couple of years behind, when they actually were doing in significant ways before it was even a thing in the US.

I mean that microbreweries have been a thing in Québec for more than 20 years.

My statement is merely that they cannot be a couple of years behind, when they actually were doing in significant ways before it was even a thing in the US.
Ok I get it. You may be right with the Belgian style beers but I still think we are a bit behind the US in categories that are the most popular these days.

You know when I’m out on a boat in the sun fishing. Or on the beach. Or tailgating starting really early, that is not a bad thing to drink. Also not bad when you don’t want a fat fucking beer belly. I prefer pilsner style layers anyway. I don’t like my beer fruity or too hoppy

im not keen on fruity beers at all either. i understand that many micros are trying to stand out from the crowd but usually their pales would be fine without a zesty taste.

The People's Republic Of China will have the greatest craft beers in the world once we invade and occupy the US.

This is a good point.

There's certainly lots of great quality in the US but it's very sparse and concentrated in only a few places. That awesome brewery in your city isn't available for 99% of the US population. The majority of bars, restaurants and convenience stores will sell the same old Anheuser Busch crap with maybe, maybe, a couple of good, local microbrews. If you live out in rural area, forget it. It's Natty Light or Busch, no questions asked.

I say this as an elitist hipster that hasn't bought a single Coors/Miller/Bud crap in several years.

So a good comparison would be mainstream vs mainstream. We know that in a best available vs best available battle the US is right near the top.

That being said, major supermarket chains actually have Craft Beer sections now. Stop and Shop, Whole Foods, Stew Leonard’s, Best Yet, Shop Rite, all have it. You can mix and match and make your own sizer at some of them. Locally we can get all sorts of stuff including IPAs, Stout’s, Lagers, and high ABVs.

im not keen on fruity beers at all either. i understand that many micros are trying to stand out from the crowd but usually their pales would be fine without a zesty taste.

I get an orange in a Blue Moon or a lime in a Corona. But Blueberry Beer? Or pineapple? How many of those could you drink before getting sick

Sweet source brah...

1, 2, and 3 are crystal clear and inarguable.

USA is 1. No one can produce stouts like they can. No one can produce IPAs like they can. No one can produce pale ales like they can. No one has the variety. No one has the innovation. USA's craft brew scene is absurd with over 5000 breweries in operation right now. Not all are good, but the good ones are very, very good.
Belgium is 2. Lambic, traditional trappist styles, and saisons. I will argue that American produces better saisons (Hill Farmstead, Casey, Jolly Pumpkin, Side Project, etc) but that's subjective. The other 2 are not.
Germany is 3. They absolutely dominate all lagers and no one is close. A handful of US breweries do nice lagers but on the whole, Germany smokes the USA in that area.

After that, I'd probably go England, AUS/NZ, then flip a coin for the rest. No one is doing anything worth consistently reaching for.

what beers from australia are you referring too ?

Back