Television The Anime and Manga Thread: 10th Anniversary Edition (old version, use new thread)

Tokyo ghoul season 1 was awesome

(Or i think its season 1 since opening changed)

Great stuff

season 1 is great. Season 2 not as good but still pretty good. Season 3 is straight garbage and if it wasn’t for wanting to see some sort of conclusion in the story I wouldn’t have watched it. I’ve never had to google so much to know what’s going on in an anime in my life.

Things I gotta see before I die:

•Ippo back in the ring and actually making progress with Kumi. And Kimura becoming the Japanese champ.
•Guts get a happy ending with Casca
•Hunter x Hunter concluded in some shape or form
•Solo Leveling animated
•Luffy becoming King of the pirates and Zoro reaching number one swordsman in the world
•Jojos Bizarre Adventure finishing strong
•Will never happen but Zetman ending retconned with Jin getting the girl.
•G-Gundam spin of series on Master Asia in his prime animated. Again not happening but would be awesome.

You and I need to get a beer later in life because I approve all of these .

snULsvv.gif

Demon Slayer was good stuff - really like Tanjiro, Nezoku, and the characters who have faith in them! Looking forward to having some new DS to watch

Can't wait for the movie to become more available to watch.

So in the next year we likely have
Edens Zero - (Fairy Tail in space, by the Fairy Tail creator) anime coming
Fairy Tail 100 year Quest - Anime not confirmed but hinted for late 2021 early 2022 release
My Hero Academia - New Season early 2021 (March or April I believe) Plus a third movie
Demon Slayer - Season 2

Can't wait for the movie to become more available to watch.

So in the next year we likely have
Edens Zero - (Fairy Tail in space, by the Fairy Tail creator) anime coming
Fairy Tail 100 year Quest - Anime not confirmed but hinted for late 2021 early 2022 release
My Hero Academia - New Season early 2021 (March or April I believe) Plus a third movie
Demon Slayer - Season 2

-I've been saving the two Fairy Tail movies because I'm scared about not having any new FT anime to watch... :(

-Demon Slayer was great! I am ready to buy my first anime t-shirt or hoodie!

<{1-16}>

Surprised the thread hasn't been taken over with discussion of AoTs final season.

Also, Tower of God is delayed for at least 6 more months.

Reactions: Cid
Fire Force is Goat Shounen of the last 2 years to me and the OST is fucking epic holy shit. I mean just listen to this and tell me it doesn't hype you up.

Fire Force is Goat Shounen of the last 2 years to me and the OST is fucking epic holy shit. I mean just listen to this and tell me it doesn't hype you up.

Tamaki is by far the best girl out of the current crop.

tenor.gif

But Jujutsu Kaisen, imho, captures the spirit of the early 2000's Big 3.

tenor.gif

Is Fireforce good?
Like would I enjoy it? I usually watch stuff like Fairy Tail, My Hero Academia, Demon Slayer, Gintama

tenor.gif

Tbh I do not watch for the fanservice actually is pretty annoying to me.
I love the captain of the 8 great character also Dr. Giovanni is giving me real Mayuri from Bleach feels which was my favorite character aside from Kenpachi.
Jujutsu Kaisen is great but Fire Force is still in front for me atm.

When it started I enjoyed it. By the time the whole brother thing was revealed I just got kind of bored with it. Does season 2 get any better? I hardly remember how 1 ends. I’ll have to rewatch the last episode. It was always pretty to look at.

I’m waiting on AOT to finish then I’ll watch it.

When it started I enjoyed it. By the time the whole brother thing was revealed I just got kind of bored with it. Does season 2 get any better? I hardly remember how 1 ends. I’ll have to rewatch the last episode. It was always pretty to look at.

Well basically they revealed the tip of the ice berg and you got bored?
Bro the main story hasn't even started in season 1 you get to know more about the background of the world and the villains in season 2.
Stopping after season 1 is like stopping to watch One piece after Luffy beats Enel or stop watching AOT after the reveal of the identiy of armored Titan.

Tbh I do not watch for the fanservice actually is pretty annoying to me.
I love the captain of the 8 great character also Dr. Giovanni is giving me real Mayuri from Bleach feels which was my favorite character aside from Kenpachi.
Jujutsu Kaisen is great but Fire Force is still in front for me atm.
I just love the stereotype shounen hero: dumb, innocent, and op.

FF s2 pace is a bit fast for, imo. Much better than s1, imo.

I just love the stereotype shounen hero: dumb, innocent, and op.

Meh I always thought the Main characters in most Shounen were the most boring characters, like in Bleach Ichigo is so boring to me compared to Mayuri and Kenpachi. It is why I mostly like to watch Seinen Anime since the characters tend to have more substance then Hahah I got you now, Oh Shit -> Power of Friendship/ I can't let my friends down/ Plot Armor activates Main Theme starts playing.
Villain -> <JerryWWF>

Meh I always thought the Main characters in most Shounen were the most boring characters, like in Bleach Ichigo is so boring to me compared to Mayuri and Kenpachi. It is why I mostly like to watch Seinen Anime since the characters tend to have more substance then Hahah I got you now, Oh Shit -> Power of Friendship/ I can't let my friends down/ Plot Armor activates Main Theme starts playing.
Villain -> <JerryWWF>
Ichigo is a terrible example. Jujutsu Kaisen mc is more like Luffy.

Ichigo is a terrible example. Jujutsu Kaisen mc is more like Luffy.

I love One piece but Luffy is kinda bland as a character tbh, other crewmembers are more interesting characterwise most of the time.
Yeah Ichigo was a bad example but it was more about how in most Shounen anime I find the support or side characters more interesting than the main.

Things I gotta see before I die:

•Ippo back in the ring and actually making progress with Kumi. And Kimura becoming the Japanese champ.
•Guts get a happy ending with Casca
•Hunter x Hunter concluded in some shape or form
•Solo Leveling animated
•Luffy becoming King of the pirates and Zoro reaching number one swordsman in the world
•Jojos Bizarre Adventure finishing strong
•Will never happen but Zetman ending retconned with Jin getting the girl.
•G-Gundam spin of series on Master Asia in his prime animated. Again not happening but would be awesome.

It is hard to be a Hunter x Hunter and Berserk fan, it is almost like some distant relative you see once or twice a year at most.

Also, Tower of God is delayed for at least 6 more months.
Well that sucks. Hope SIU is able to get better and not have to worry about this problem anymore after.

Back