THE BATMAN v.2 (Robert Pattinson and Nicholas Hoult Screen Testing in Costume)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Typical DCU approach: throw everything at the wall and see what sticks:rolleyes:

They need to concentrate on the Big Three and use them as a base to slowly introduce new characters. Grow their Universe organically. But they've allowed the MCU to pull so far ahead they're panicking.

I'll say it again

Old. Man. Bruce

Michael-Keaton.jpg

Michelle-Pfeiffer-The-Family-e1377651930435.jpg

Could work; Keaton's new movie is, basically, Batman trains the League of Assassins:)

Could work; Keaton's new movie is, basically, Batman trains the League of Assassins:)
Movie looks pretty good but I just can't get as excited about it cause of Dylan O'Brien. Too pretty boyish to be playing some stone cold assassain.

Movie looks pretty good but I just can't get as excited about it cause of Dylan O'Brien. Too pretty boyish to be playing some stone cold assassain.

Yeah, if it didn't have Keaton, I probably wouldn't be interested.

This could still be a part of the universe. Just make it a prequel.

Batman is already batman in. bVs. He clearly has a lot of stories behind him.

You can still do a darker batman in this film series.

Perhaps even you can find a way to bridge the gap from a gritty noir style batman movie to the more fantasy style lf the current DC universe. Perhaps something happens that sets off the universe to start taking on this cartoonish atmosphere.
The director already clarified his statement and officially said that The Batman movie is part of the DCEU.

Any day now Reeves is going to give a statement saying he was misinterpreted,... oops never mind.

Update: August 24, 2017

Matt Reeves Clarifies THE BATMAN Movie Is Part of the DC Extended Universe

Matt Reeves tweeted: “Just to be clear: Of COURSE Batman will be part of the D.C. Universe. Batman will be BATMAN… In my comments from a while back about not being part of the DCEU, I was talking about The Batman being a story specifically about Batman not about the others in the Universe. That it wouldn’t be filled with cameos servicing other stories — that it would be a BATMAN story.”

Does this mean we're not going to get a detective, noir-ish Batman movie now?

I'll say it again

Old. Man. Bruce

Michael-Keaton.jpg

Michelle-Pfeiffer-The-Family-e1377651930435.jpg

http://www.darkhorizons.com/jokers-origin-film-akin-to-aronofskys-batman/

"Aronofsky previously said he’d cast Clint Eastwood as the Dark Knight and would shoot in Tokyo doubling for Gotham City, with a tone more akin to “Death Wish” or “The French Connection” – ie. dirt, blood and no gadgets."

"The Batmobile – I wanted to be a Lincoln Continental with two bus engines in it….two bus engines, all duct taped together. It was the duct tape MacGyver Batman."

"But the toy people were like, ‘oh it can’t be a Lincoln Continental, you have to make a Batmobile.'"

I guess we're not the only ones thinking "Old Man Bruce."

However, it certainly sounds like MANY cooks are in the kitchen when you make a comic book movie. Even the details of the potential toys that could be sold.

The pitch: "I want to make a movie about Superman being adopted in Manhattan, and then work for the Topeka Dispatch when he is an adult."

Executive 1 : "That will give a fresh chapter to a classic story. I like it. Let's move ahead."

Executive 2: "We could pair up the marketing with a line of John Deere SuperTractors."

Executive 3: "The fly-over audiences will eat this right up."

Executive 4: "I've got Chris Noth's agent's number. He may be a bit old, but he would be a fine Superman."

Executive 5: "No, too old. I'm calling Ryan Gosling"

Executive 6: "Tractors are too retro. That Musk guy in California is making a hyperloop. Why not sell hyperloop toys...whatever those are."

Executive 7: "We can film in Australia as the backdrop to Kansas. Should save us filing costs."

Executive 8. "While we are talking about Australia, what if Superman landed next to Uluru (Ayers Rock). And the Kryptonight is what projected the rock out of the sand in the first place."

Executive 9: Too complicated. Let's just do another movie about bumbling cops and the attractive new officer that just joined the force. We use the same sets we used for that last film we released "Buddy Cops 4".

Executive 10: I like it! Cheap and we can release it next year. I'll call Dwayne Johnson.

I really want a detective Batman.

I hate that every Batman movie, pretty much ever, is just a dude in a bat costume punching people.

I really want a detective Batman.

I hate that every Batman movie, pretty much ever, is just a dude in a bat costume punching people.
I would love a detective-driven Batman movie as well. Seems like the Riddler (a darker version perhaps) might be the Bat villain best suited for this kind of movie.

Update: November 17, 2017

Rumor: THE BATMAN Director Wants Jake Gyllenhaal as Batman If Ben Affleck Exits

IFr8pcg.jpg

After Justice League, the future of Ben Affleck's Batman is looming question hanging over the DC Films Universe. Despite Affleck's impassioned declarations of love for playing Batman while on stage at San Diego Comic Con 2017, there's been growing evidence that the actor will soon be walking away from the role.

Rumor got a little closer to becoming fact just yesterday, when The Batman director Matt Reeves ominously revealed he already has a replacement for Affleck in mind! Now we may know who that replacement could be: Jake Gyllenhaal.

John Campea dropped the rumor on his John Campea Show on YouTube, as part of his report on how Affleck has been done with Batman since all the way back in February, when rumors of the star's departure started to circulate.

As for how Gyllenhaal would be brought in: According to Campea, there are two options being considered:

- To set Matt Reeves' Batman movie outside of the DCEU shared universe (as another one of DC Films' standalone movies, like upcoming Joker origin film).

- To set events of The Batman earlier on in Batman's career, before the events of Batman v Superman.

As is pointed out in the report, Gyllenhaal is about to turn 37 in December. Compared to Ben Affleck's current age of 45, it's enough age gap to revisit an earlier point in Batman's twenty-year career before BvS and convincingly make the switch. In some ways, it would be easier than trying to use a similar approach with Affleck himself.

'The Batman' Director Matt Reeves Rumored to Want Jake Gyllenhaal if Ben Affleck Exits

Video: Jake Gyllenhaal Discusses How He Would Have Played Batman

Rumor: THE BATMAN Director Wants Jake Gyllenhaal as Batman If Ben Affleck Exits

IFr8pcg.jpg

After Justice League, the future of Ben Affleck's Batman is looming question hanging over the DC Films Universe. Despite Affleck's impassioned declarations of love for playing Batman while on stage at San Diego Comic Con 2017, there's been growing evidence that the actor will soon be walking away from the role.

Rumor got a little closer to becoming fact just yesterday, when The Batman director Matt Reeves ominously revealed he already has a replacement for Affleck in mind! Now we may know who that replacement could be: Jake Gyllenhaal.

John Campea dropped the rumor on his John Campea Show on YouTube, as part of his report on how Affleck has been done with Batman since all the way back in February, when rumors of the star's departure started to circulate.

As for how Gyllenhaal would be brought in: According to Campea, there are two options being considered:

- To set Matt Reeves' Batman movie outside of the DCEU shared universe (as another one of DC Films' standalone movies, like upcoming Joker origin film).

- To set events of The Batman earlier on in Batman's career, before the events of Batman v Superman.

As is pointed out in the report, Gyllenhaal is about to turn 37 in December. Compared to Ben Affleck's current age of 45, it's enough age gap to revisit an earlier point in Batman's twenty-year career before BvS and convincingly make the switch. In some ways, it would be easier than trying to use a similar approach with Affleck himself.

'The Batman' Director Matt Reeves Rumored to Want Jake Gyllenhaal if Ben Affleck Exits

Or they could just set it in the future

Like I been saying

I still want a gritty Batman film set in the 80’s.

I thought the whole plan was to have an older, cynical, Batman that has already seen it all.

If they replace Affleck, then the next actor should be older, not younger.

How about they cast a young unknown who they can build five or so films around?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back