The best non-superpowered superhero: Captain America or Batman?

You'd think that after being a military hero for 60+ years, Captain America would be a colonel at least by now.

Rogers is a more interesting character than Wayne but Batman is a more interesting character than Captain America

The Black Panther is basically Batman except better in every concievable way

Remind me again; how much money did the Black Panther movies take?:icon_lol:

Panther's B List at best. Outside of hard-core Fan Boys, he's barely on the radar.

Gonna have to agree on Black panther. He is better off as a supporting cast member.

Remind me again; how much money did the Black Panther movies take?:icon_lol:

Panther's B List at best. Outside of hard-core Fan Boys, he's barely on the radar.

Gonna have to agree on Black panther. He is better off as a supporting cast member.

As a cultural icon, BP isn't anywhere near that level. He barely got a motion comic on BET and even then it was the suck ass Reggie Hudlin version. (The clip shown of T'Chaka dominating reflex-less Cap is from when ol' Reg was trying to keep his street cred up. Either T'Chaka or T'Challa could certainly get a five-of-ten split with Steve but everything about that fight, from the characterization onward, was meant to inspire teh butt-hurt.)

As a character, he's just plain tits, though. I really liked how Christopher Priest brought him back into the spotlight. He's not "black Batman from Africa so he's really black." He's the progressive sovereign ruler of a clandestine and somewhat elitist/xenophobic nation that seeks his peers among the most powerful beings on Earth and does so dressed as panther not because it looks cool or scares bad guys but because it is the requisite garb of his place in his culture's religion.

Batman fanbois are delusional.......without his super-powers of the writers saving his ass.....Batman would be shot dead in under a week.

By a crack-head....

same as any other non bulletproof superhero.

assault rifles>>>running around in a cheesy suit, throwing flying kicks and doing parkour type of shit while fighting

Rogers is a more interesting character than Wayne but Batman is a more interesting character than Captain America

Homer: I'm sure you're here to convince me life is worth living.

Lisa: Are you kidding? We couldn't even convince you Bruce Wayne is Batman.

Homer: That billionaire playboy? He's too busy flirting with floozies and overlooking the Wayne Foundation.

The Natural Living Man > Captain America > Batman

here come the batman fangirls. Captain american is in a class above batboy, sorry prep-time fools.

And panther is the only one who can beat captain america.

Yikes, did you really reference the Black Panther ''animated'' show? Jesus...

lqJvPWH.jpg

zC8OB25.jpg

I think most of the people in this thread get it, nobody is going to win a brawl with Cap in either universe. People often bring up Batman beating Superman in an Elseworlds story, yet Cap takes out multiple cosmic deities in his own canon several times. His super power is winning, and he doesn't need prep time to do it.

Wolverine says it himself.
NVOAY7w.jpg

The multiple beatdowns he's put on Spidey over the years:
OigpYSl.jpg

Last one then I'll stop spamming the thread. I should just make an image dump here some day, I have a lot of cool images on this comp:

BV8ZErf.jpg

T5bYhFY.jpg

mfTC1pW.jpg

s4RLJUL.jpg

SP9iz4H.jpg

bpYmHxf.jpg

Wolverine says it himself.
NVOAY7w.jpg

Wolverine nearly killed Captain America in the last fight they had; Wolverine gave cap an Uberknee to the thigh. It caused a massive blood-clot that damn near stopped Cap's heart.

Captain America is just an inferior version of Batman who has to take super-steroids to get himself talked about in the same sentence. If physicality was all that mattered then Batman would be obselete.

Also, Captain America's just a dumbed down, less physically talented version of Bane with some 'Murica thrown in there to get patriots' panties wet.

There's a difference between movie Batman and comic-book Batman. Comic-book Batman shits all over just about everyone. Just saying.

Oh and supersoldier serum = super powers, imo.

Boom.

Back