The Big Four

Which band is best

• Total voters
Dave is no poet. His lyrics are passable

what? hell nah. that's crazy. you're the first person I've ever heard say that.

Mastermind is an excellent example of his masterful lyrics.

Saw the Justice tour at Copps in Hamilton. Great show.

Masters of puppets all day.

I pretty sure I know who @Bobby Boulders picked...

tumblr_nimvc8rrST1s5x6jgo1_500.gif
Goddamn right.

what? hell nah. that's crazy. you're the first person I've ever heard say that.

Mastermind is an excellent example of his masterful lyrics.
I could give many more examples of terrible lyrics but I'm not here to shit on a guitar hero. He does write some good stuff, and even though I don't agree with his politics, songs like "The Threat is Real" have good lyrics.
Right now I'm listening to Bite the Hand.
"They took anything and everything,
As long as it once belonged to me..."

Can't believe you pussies have ruined the poll so badly.

I could give many more examples of terrible lyrics but I'm not here to shit on a guitar hero. He does write some good stuff, and even though I don't agree with his politics, songs like "The Threat is Real" have good lyrics.
Right now I'm listening to Bite the Hand.
"They took anything and everything,
As long as it once belonged to me..."

of course they have tracks where the lyrics aren't that great. Megadeth albums usually have "commercial" tracks on them, which are often cheesy catchy. the more musically elaborate tracks tend to always have awesome lyrics coupled together.

also, Victory is fucking great. using the names of older songs to make up the lyrics? that's unheard of.

of course they have tracks where the lyrics aren't that great. Megadeth albums usually have "commercial" tracks on them, which are often cheesy catchy. the more musically elaborate tracks tend to always have awesome lyrics coupled together.

also, Victory is fucking great. using the names of older songs to make up the lyrics? that's unheard of.
Oh, yes, clever as hell.
I also want to find out the lyrics to the hidden track from Endgame that's just him whining long after the fact ("I hate James and Lars, they lied...")

He does write some great lyrics. I like 1,320 a lot, and the metal anthem "Back in the Day", I was in the front of the stage and in the underground.

Oh,voted megadeth,cause Metallica haven't made a decent album in nearly 30 years. And Dave ,Despite being a multimillionaire and in his 50s is still really angry at the world. And he never sold out.

For me the Big 4 is Pantera, Sepultura, Metallica, and Megadeth - And I was a massive Anthrax fan. Slayer is cool, but way too inconsistent and they're not nearly as good on the instruments as the others.

They only have two albums (I think...) but they're pretty funny, you will definitely get a kick out of them.

@irish_thug said he partied with SOD before a show if I'm remembering correctly.

<TheWire1>
Four albums. One is a live album one is mostly live. And not quite partied but had a couple of shots. I was with a friend who knew the owner of the club so we got to the private section where they were hanging out.

Now you've gotta branch out and listen to these bands:

Exodus:

Testament:

I love how testament just went and totally overhauled their sound, starting with Low. The Gathering is such a fantastic album. Love the"new" sound they made even better than what they started with. Not very common to have that happen.

Ahem, Opeth....

For me the Big 4 is Pantera, Sepultura, Metallica, and Megadeth - And I was a massive Anthrax fan. Slayer is cool, but way too inconsistent and they're not nearly as good on the instruments as the others.

If it was up to me The Deftones would be up there bro...

I mean I did make this poll, but the big four are those four bands...

Back