News The Brazil UFC event went so badly that the they have cancelled their planned May event

I don't see anything in that tweet that indicates as to why the event in Brasilia was cancelled.

Like I mentioned, the ticket prices were the cost of the average Brazilian monthly wage. Would you pay 1/12 of your yearly income to go to a UFC event?
exactly. UFC ticket prices are ridiculously high.
They are so greedy.

Brazil does not have the kind of cash sloshing around that USA does, and Europe does.
UFC don't seem to take these things into account.

Tons of empty seats at the Rio event, ticket prices that were the average Brazilian monthly wage, literally no hype.

That part alone if true made it impossible to succeed.

Thats a shame, i get they need to make money too but wtf, they either want people to go or not.

The UFC is in a hard place right now.

Their fan perception is in the dumps with regards to both fighter wages and the whole Power Slap fiasco going on right now.

Aside from Conor and possibly Izzy and Khamzat they don’t have many crossover stars at this current point either.

They keep raising the prices of both cards and tickets which alienates a lot of people.

I hope their numbers are still doing well I think they are but it’s hard to feel like the UFC is in a difficult place currently.

Good,one of the worst crowds. People walking out after Glover lost was disrespectful to thier country man.

The UFC is in a habit of upping prices to astronomical levels. Have you seen the London prices? Like a 50% increase since the pandemic. The UFC is never going back to the globe-trotting company it was pre-pandemic.

Just to add context to this -

I went to 279 in Sept 2022 (Diaz vs TFerg). I begrudgingly paid 300 for my ticket (100 level first riser), even though I really only wanted to pay like 150.

I looked at tickets for the next Vegas event (Jones vs Gane) and the same seats are running around 900-1100 last I checked.

Unreal.

Just to add context to this -

I went to 279 in Sept 2022 (Diaz vs TFerg). I begrudgingly paid 300 for my ticket (100 level first riser), even though I really only wanted to pay like 150.

I looked at tickets for the next Vegas event (Jones vs Gane) and the same seats are running around 900-1100 last I checked.

Unreal.
More context, I had 4th row seats at UFC 22 for like $20.

More context, I had 4th row seats at UFC 22 for like $20.

I had 4th row seats at a Celtics game for free once because me and my buddy sat there like we owned the place, and the ticket holders never showed up lol.

I never understood why some of you guys were so proud about not watching fights.
Seems strange to me sir.

Compared to chuds who boast about how long they have watched mma or how many fights/cards they watch no matter how weak the cards are?

Some of us value our time

If they brought in some fresh meat like the young, handsome, lucious, buoyant, ubiquitous, talented, man-child known as Erik “lion head” Silva they could sell out any stadium in Brazil.
proper ordering of adjectives, impressive.
american-psycho-impressive.gif

I'm in Vegas and I don't go to the events anymore, the prices for decent seats have doubled since the last time I went to a proper card. The other day I complained here that the prices for fight nights at the apex were even worse, like ~$800 a ticket. Plus, the PPVs just increased in price again, which already felt like a rip off.

Like I mentioned, the ticket prices were the cost of the average Brazilian monthly wage. Would you pay 1/12 of your yearly income to go to a UFC event?
I paid 1500 for 2 tickets to Ufc 115 ..I thought that was bad enough lol

Back