The complete chronicles of Fenderson

Comments help - I know haha. What I learned from other diet logs is that Consistency^Graphic Content^Ease to follow=number of comments and views.

It's nice when you know it is not just throwing letters into the void, that someone actually follows your plight.

Anyways, add more pictures and more structure - I will be a regular ).

^^^ Thanks mate

Weighed in light this morning at 181lbs. Cool, I can eat more. I have quite the sweet tooth so I can enjoy a cake if my diet has room for it.

Missed breakfast so had a large lunch

lunch: 2 scotch eggs, 2 cakes, a meat and potatoe pasty.
dinner: salad with 1 boiled egg, 600ml of greek yoghurt with pumpkin seeds
Snacks: apple, banana

training: 1hr of tech sparring
1hr of wrestling

Felt really sharp on the sparring. Tired with the wrestling. I will eventually get up some pics up this week so stock up on tissue and baby oil fellas.

Well im feeling a little burnt out and low today. I did 2hrs of boxing which went well but my coach is disappearing next week which means no boxing that week. Thats the session that I love so im a bit dissappointed really. Im also getting a bit frustrated with the other coaches attitudes in the gym and some of the decisions being made. Motivation for the other classes are at an all time low.

I want this fight to roll round quickly so I can knock this SOB out and make a decision on where my trainings going.

Weighed in at 181.8 this morning.

Breakfast: steak pie and granola mixed with oats
Lunch: more crappy granola
dinner: a few slices of pizza and greek yoghurt with pumpkin seeds.
Snacks: apple and bananna, whole milk
Crap day of eating. Around 2800 cals.

Hurry up the 28th.

Woke up at 181.6

Lifted in the morning. Squat and bench. Everything went surprisingly well. Mma training wasn't great. My right shoulder keeps slipping out of place when rolling. This started happening when I changed to a wider grip on the bench press. Im going to start doing shoulder mobility everyday and replace bench with the overhead press.

Breakfast: granola/oats, 1 boiled egg and a bar of dark chocolate
lunch: 100g of chicken, granola
dinner: steak and onion slice with greek yoghurt and cottage cheese.
snacks: apple, banana, whole milk

Under at around 2800 cals.

Woke up at 181.6

Lifted in the morning. Squat and bench. Everything went surprisingly well. Mma training wasn't great. My right shoulder keeps slipping out of place when rolling. This started happening when I changed to a wider grip on the bench press. Im going to start doing shoulder mobility everyday and replace bench with the overhead press.

Breakfast: granola/oats, 1 boiled egg and a bar of dark chocolate
lunch: 100g of chicken, granola
dinner: steak and onion slice with greek yoghurt and cottage cheese.
snacks: apple, banana, whole milk

Under at around 2800 cals.

If joints start to pop, it is time to lay off weights for several weeks of rehab and focus the energy on technical training, lay offs can actually make you stronger on the mat despite weaker numbers at major lifts. Honestly, chest and shoulder training might be excluded after a while if you are doing MMA, in my humble opinion. You are training them with lots of punching.

But again..it just from my exp.

Woke up at 182

I went for a 4 mile run. Later in the day I did some shadow boxing.

In the evening 1 hr of bjj. I took this very easy because of the shoulder. After that I did 1hr of sparring. Everything went well. Made good use of my stiff jab and landed some nice body shots. Overall a decent days training.

Breakfast: oats, cornish pasty, belgium bun
lunch: 2 scotch eggs
dinner: greek yoghurt with blueberries, rocket salad
Snacks: bananna, apple, whole milk, lots of water
Around 3000 calories

Rest day today. Weighed in at 179.8. Not bad at all.

I always eat more on rest days. Probaby 4000 cals today.

Breakfast: 3 boiled eggs, steak pie, white chocolate
Lunch: Greek yoghurt, bannana, oats with whole milk
Dinner: sausage and chips, cookies, bell peppers
snacks: dry roasted peanuts, kiwi

So a lot of junk eaten today. Still, aslong as I stay between 181-182lb im not concerned about it at all. From tomorrow ill cut out all the cookies and cakes and just stick to dark chocolate.

Woke up at 184. I gained 4lbs in 24hrs. Booooo. Obvisiously alot of that will be fluid.

Training was pretty poor. No coaches turned up which meant I was busy teaching and not busy training. Shadow boxing in the afternoon. Nevermind, busy day tomorrow.

Breakfast: 150g of minced beef with 2 eggs scrabbled and 2 eggs boiled.
Lunch: 500g of greek yoghurt
Dinner:eek:ats with whole milk
Snacks: peanuts, grapes

Under 2000 calories. Booooooo again.

Woke at 182. Lost 4lbs in the night and from peeing. Ive really been focusing lately on drinking more water in preparation for the water cut that starts at the end of next week.

Ran track this morning at 5am. The local council charge for using the track which is ridiculous. So I just went early and jumped the fence.

I felt good and thought id ran a good time, but I did 9mins 16secs when I wanted closer to 8mins. The small amount of calories plus shit sleep plus being at the end of a training camp fucked the time.

I slept in the afternoon and did 3 rounds of pads. My power is great now. Im hitting with 1 punch ko power now which is great. This is all down to my fantastic boxing coach.

breakfast: half a banana, cottage cheese, 2.5 boiled eggs
lunch: 2 small pork pies with dark chocolate
dinner: greek yoghurt, fish, spinach, peanuts
Snacks:apple, banana, whole milk

Im happy with how ive eaten today. I really should stay off the pork for a few days though.

Theres a big fuss in the uk at the moment with evidence coming out that fat is good for you and how fat free yoghurts/milk are bad etc. Well no shit. I was reading this on the d+s forum 5 yrs ago. Ive been trying to educate family about it for years with no avail. Even the articles now are full of misinformation and bro science and these fuckers are meant to be making legislation and giving advice on diets, school dinners ect. Educate yourselves folks. Rant over.

Last edited:
Woke at 182

Went for a 4 mile run in the morning. Later in the evening I did muay thai and wrestling. Both 1hr each and both sweaty sessions. My body felt fit, but I didn't feel very sharp.

breakfast: missed breakfast
lunch: steak pie, spinach, malt loaf
dinner:eek:ats with whole milk
snacks:greek yoghurt with blueberries, apple, banana, peanuts, whole mlik.

Around 3000 calories. Im noticing a change in body composition already. Ill be below 180 tomorrow I bet.

Another pretty good day of eating. No cravings, but slightly hungry. Getting much better at stagnating meals across the day instead of eating it all at once and ending up starving at the back end of the day.

Woke at 179. I think when I start cutting water, reducing carbs etc on sunday the weights going to fall off.

Did some shadow boxingin the afternoon then 7 rounds of pads later in the evening. Came back from the gym and then did a 4 mile run.

breakfast: 2 chicken and mushroom slices
Lunch: greek yoghurt with blueberries and 2 Eccles cakes (dried fruit wrapped in puff pastry. Only 300 cals for the 2)
Dinner:eek:ats with whole milk, bistro salad
snacks: apple with peanut butter, 4 boiled eggs, whole milk

Around 3300 cals

Woke at 179.6

Not a huge amount to report. I won't be going into the gym till Saturday, although ill be running and doing lots of boxing. I did some defense and countering today which was great. Ill be doing that everyday till fight day now.

breakfast: 3 boiled eggs, whole milk, half a banana
Lunch: 2 scotch eggs, dark chocolate
dinner: greek yoghurt
snacks:apple, brazil nuts, cottage cheese

Forgot to buy salad which sucks. Just over 3000 cals. Im not struggling with the food. 3000 calories is still a decent amount to sustain myself on, it'd be nice to eat more though. 500 cals or so.

Woke at 180.6 this morning which is fantastic. I want to be smack on 180 Sunday morning.

Really tapered down the training these last 2 days. Did a 6-7 mile in the rain and left it at that. Joints and muscles are feeling sore now. God forbid what im going to be feeling sunday onwards when I limit carbs to 50g and reduce cals to 2100.

breakfast: 500ml greek yoghurt
lunch: 2 steak slices, 2 eccles cakes
dinner: spinach and cottage cheese, oats with semi skinned milk
snacks: apple, banana, 4 boiled eggs, grapes

Around 3000 cals.

Woke at 180.4.

Did 1hr of boxing. Focusing on head movement and counters. Later in the evening I did 1hr of pads (muay thai and boxing).

Breakfast: 3 boiled eggs, spinach
Lunch: steak pie, 2 eccles cakes
Dinner: oats with whole milk, greek yoghurt
snacks: apple, banana, mixed nuts

Probaby ate a little much today. Around 3200 cals. Probaby around 181 tomorrow which is fine. Supposedly sparring tomorrow which I think 7 days before a fight isn't the brightest idea. Oh well.

Ive already planned what ill be eating after the weigh in. I can't wait.

Alright man. If it is 7 days before the fight, it is time to start taking a bit easier.
You are doing great so far as I can see.

Also - you need to increase your veggie intake. I used to think a handful of spinach is "nutritious", now I am eating 500-600 grams of greens every day.

Woke at 179.6.

I did the last of the camps sparring today. Just bits on mon/tues now and I can sit back and just focus on fight day. Did some countering drills in the afternoon.

breakfast: oats with whole milk and a banana
lunch: 2 scotch eggs, malt loaf
dinner: 4 boiled eggs with kale, spinach, bell peppers (Sarumyan your right. Ive been meaning to make more of an effort with veg)
Snacks: apple, plum, greek yoghurt, nuts and dried fruit mix

Water cut begins tomorrow.... it begins :/

Woke at 180.8.

Nothing to report training wise. Complete rest day.

Breakfast: 3.5 boiled eggs
lunch: half a roast chicken (around 450g)
Dinner: greek yoghurt, kale and a mixed salad
Snacks: cottage cheese, walnuts

Well first day water cutting. 8 litres throughout the day. Ive urinated 16 times so far. Itll be 18-20 by the time the days through.

Only 2300 cals. Surprisingly im not feeling hungry, which will probaby be due to all the water. Ive eaten around 30 grams of carbs and still feel okay (usually eat 250-300 grams) although ill can properly gauge how low carb affects me tomorrow when im training.

Back