The Conor special treatment/favoritism continues.......

A fight with Connor > UFC title shot

lol. sorry, an immediate rematch after multiple world tours and a 13 second ko is not how it "should" work. if circumstances were different it could have worked. but it didn't. conor, and the ufc, had no obligation to make conor stay at fw and give aldo a do-over. it frankly would have been embarrassing to start another promotional tour with those 2 after that fight.

Again like the world tours matter? Don't have them lol

I've also already debunked your stupid argument about the KO. Conor's loss is worse than that KO because there are no questions left. You have no idea what Aldo could have done in a rematch.

Learn to read I wasn't talking about how the match should or could have gone. I'm talking about when immediate rematches should be given and the obvious answer is to long time champions who have earned that right. Someone like Jon Jones would get an immediate rematch for obvious reasons. Doesn't matter if it's a 13 second KO or not.

The UFC makes people stay in their divisions all the time. Conor was one of the first they ever let do this surprise surprise. IMO new champions should always have to defend the belt.

Again like the world tours matter? Don't have them lol

I've also already debunked your stupid argument about the KO. Conor's loss is worse than that KO because there are no questions left. You have no idea what Aldo could have done in a rematch.

Learn to read I wasn't talking about how the match should or could have gone. I'm talking about when immediate rematches should be given and the obvious answer is to long time champions who have earned that right. Someone like Jon Jones would get an immediate rematch for obvious reasons. Doesn't matter if it's a 13 second KO or not.

The UFC makes people stay in their divisions all the time. Conor was one of the first they ever let do this surprise surprise. IMO new champions should always have to defend the belt.

you didn't debunk shit, genius. you rationalized a brutal ko as not proving anything.

and lol at don't have them. they are a fuckin promotional company genius.

the ufc doesn't "make" anyone stay in their division. and tell me the long list of champs that actively petitioned to fight for the belt above them....

aldo, the long reigning fw champ, actually fought for the title in his next 3 fights (losing 2). sorry you don't feel that was treating him fairly.

you didn't debunk shit, genius. you rationalized a brutal ko as not proving anything.

Sure I did. I simply have a better argument than you do. I don't know why you keep repeating 13 seconds like it's supposed to have some big meaning in this discussion. What the fighter has accomplished as a champion is the most important factor, and you keep ignoring that the fight being quick is an argument to SEE a rematch, not avoid it. Do you also think that Luke Rockhold stands no chance against Bisping because he lost by KO early in the fight?

and lol at don't have them. they are a fuckin promotional company genius.

They aren't needed to see a lot of PPV's genius. You think they have had those for all the big PPV's? They didn't have one for Khabib/Conor.

the ufc doesn't "make" anyone stay in their division. and tell me the long list of champs that actively petitioned to fight for the belt above them....

You mean like they didn't make Aldo stay in his? I guess he is lying.

aldo, the long reigning fw champ, actually fought for the title in his next 3 fights (losing 2). sorry you don't feel that was treating him fairly.

Strawman. Has nothing to do with what I said and the thread is about Conor favoritism.

Sure I did. I simply have a better argument than you do. I don't know why you keep repeating 13 seconds like it's supposed to have some big meaning in this discussion. What the fighter has accomplished as a champion is the most important factor, and you keep ignoring that the fight being quick is an argument to SEE a rematch, not avoid it. Do you also think that Luke Rockhold stands no chance against Bisping because he lost by KO early in the fight?

They aren't needed to see a lot of PPV's genius. You think they have had those for all the big PPV's? They didn't have one for Khabib/Conor.

You mean like they didn't make Aldo stay in his? I guess he is lying.

Strawman. Has nothing to do with what I said and the thread is about Conor favoritism.

in none of my posts did i handicap aldo's chance in rematch. just dismissing your idea that a do-over was the only appropriate next step.

and you're aware rockhold fought bisping before right? not that it matters in your stupid analogy.

and aldo was of course free to move up to lw - oh, and get an immediate title shot......

in none of my posts did i handicap aldo's chance in rematch. just dismissing your idea that a do-over was the only appropriate next step.

You specifically said a rematch is "not how it should work" and keep repeating 13 seconds. I don't agree that there is another appropriate next step for a new champion who beat a legend.

and you're aware rockhold fought bisping before right? not that it matters in your stupid analogy.

If you don't want analogies like that don't stupidly repeat 13 seconds over and over as if it's important.

and aldo was of course free to move up to lw - oh, and get an immediate title shot......

What makes you think that he could have had an immediate title shot at LW? None of this is really responding to my arguments.

You specifically said a rematch is "not how it should work" and keep repeating 13 seconds. I don't agree that there is another appropriate next step for a new champion who beat a legend.

13 seconds is actually not unimportant because it was years of buildup culminating in a brutal and quick and decisive ending. you can't just claim they have to do it again because it wasn't satisfying. it was as decisive as can be. you don't just get an automatic do-over.

If you don't want analogies like that don't stupidly repeat 13 seconds over and over as if it's important.

again, try to act like the quickness and decisiveness of the finish doesn't matter. the fact is that it was a decisive finish and conor was moving up to lw to challenge for that belt. again, jose can't just say wait for me it was over too quick...they finally met and it was a decisive finish and conor had his next challenge. and once he went up to fight for lw title (against rda) the path changed via diaz. whether he would have come back down if he beat rda we'll never know. and again, jose got his title shots. as a long time champ he wasn't passed over. anyway, if he defended at fw against aldo people would have been complaining about him not fighting at lw (he's too big, waaa) or not fighting edgar.

What makes you think that he could have had an immediate title shot at LW? None of this is really responding to my arguments.

well, there are quotes of dana saying he would. if he wanted to move up.

13 seconds is actually not unimportant because it was years of buildup culminating in a brutal and quick and decisive ending. you can't just claim they have to do it again because it wasn't satisfying. it was as decisive as can be. you don't just get an automatic do-over.

At least use my actual argument because I never said anything about satisfying. I'm claiming Aldo actually deserves it and fans still had questions about it. I've also argued a few times now that Conor/Khabib was more decisive. I'm arguing for what was objectively the most fair thing to do. I don't think Conor getting that LW title shot was a good thing and I don't think any other FW should have fought Conor instead of Aldo until after they rematch.

again, try to act like the quickness and decisiveness of the finish doesn't matter.

I will say it only matters in the sense that Aldo didn't immediately give Conor a solid fight. If he would have done that then maybe the UFC would have pushed a rematch first.

the fact is that it was a decisive finish and conor was moving up to lw to challenge for that belt. again, jose can't just say wait for me it was over too quick...they finally met and it was a decisive finish and conor had his next challenge. and once he went up to fight for lw title (against rda) the path changed via diaz. whether he would have come back down if he beat rda we'll never know. and again, jose got his title shots. as a long time champ he wasn't passed over. anyway, if he defended at fw against aldo people would have been complaining about him not fighting at lw (he's too big, waaa) or not fighting edgar.

Well again I've been saying that I don't think new champions should be able to do what Conor did. Conor should have defended his belt and legitimately cleaned out the division. Jose shouldn't have to say anything. It should be automatic that a new champion rematches the GOAT of the weight class. That should be a given.

of course it was at risk. he still had to beat nate. there's nothing to drink. you're leaving out important facts.....chief.

No. As I said the narrative was covering it. In fact he lost and right after everyone was like he fought an hw. His LW title was never at risk. Simple as that.

No. As I said the narrative was covering it. In fact he lost and right after everyone was like he fought an hw. His LW title was never at risk. Simple as that.
You’re making that up. If he lost to Diaz the second time he would not have fought Alvarez. Simple as that. Don’t lie.

Guys you never heard of because your knowledge of MMA is very limited.

Lol, okay. How many ranked fighters has he beat? I like Lee, he's promising, but the idea that he's uber-deserving of a title shot based on his record is ludicrous.

Just because he lost to Tony Ferguson (which was a closely contested fight before he gassed)

Other than that Mrs.Lincoln, how did you like the play?

You’re making that up. If he lost to Diaz the second time he would not have fought Alvarez. Simple as that. Don’t lie.

It didn't happen so it cannot be a lie. Truth is we don't know for sure.

It didn't happen so it cannot be a lie. Truth is we don't know for sure.
So your argument is that he could have fought Eddie if he lost again to diaz so there was no risk taken????? Seriously?

This has been pointed out for a long time on Sherdog. We all know why Conor gets favoritism (Sales, money), but that isn't going to stop anyone from complaining about it. If something is unfair to the competition it's going to be talked about and this is clearly unfair.

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2018/12...rier-2-with-winner-getting-title-shot-mma-ufc

Dana wants to see Conor get another title shot with a win over Dustin. Conor has had two official fights at LW. The first title shot against Eddie being clear (favoritism), and the next one also being a title shot where he got absolutely mauled by Khabib. When you look at it objectively like you would with any other fighter in the UFC it's absurd to think he should get ANOTHER title shot off of one win. Of course though no one is surprised. The UFC's cash cow will get every push he can get.

dustin wins this time so how conor getting a favor. the favor would of been just giving in and rewarding nate divas retirement and doing conor vs nate 3.

Last edited:
I don't like this fight because I don't want to see Dustin or Conor lose - they are too valuable for this division.

They should've let Conor sleep Kevin Lee

LOL I would love to see Conor face Lee. Only because Lee would cave his face in.

They are not going to feed Conor to Lee.

LMAO as if that would happen.

Kevin Lee is much more important than Dustin and he would most likely end Conor's MMA career for good. 2 onesided beatdowns in a row would destroy Conor mentally and his fickle fans would leave him out to dry.

Dustin and Gaethje are Conor's only fights at LW where he is most likely to win. He has too big of a chance of losing to the other guys, thats the only reason he is being given a guy who he has beaten before.

Yep, they will never feed Conor to Lee. Lee would give him such a bad beating.

Who cares? Hes the cash cow of course he'll be treated better

Almost anytime a single employee of a company makes said company 10 times as much money as any other employee, I think some special treatment should be expected.

It's not unfair. It's a competition and Conor is winning at it.

Back