• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Definitive Multivitamin Thread

1) GNC Ultra Mega Green - Most Americans just do not get enough greens. Plain and simple. This is another Vitamin with whole food nutrients in it.

2) Garden of Life's Living Multi - Notice a theme here? I hate the idea of purely synthetic vitamins. If you can score a good one with whole food nutrients you're going to find the health benefits a bit better. This is a good one. Garden of Life is a good line of things anyway, very reputable.

3) Nature's Plus - Source of Life - The customers who use this never, ever consider taking another one. And yet again another whole food source Vitamin.

4) New Roots - Multi-Max - Top quality multi using methyl B, P5P, Mg citrate, in a encapsulated multiple-dose formula. (Canadian)

5) Platnium Naturals - Active EasyMulti Plus
- Encapsulated gelcap using methyl B, Mg carbonate. (Canadian)

6) Nu-Life - Ultimate One for Men
- Althought it's tabulated, this is an excellent multi containing coenzyme forms of B2,B6,B12, along with highly bioavailable forms of ALL minerals; as an example, magnesium citrate/malate, bisglycinate. (Canadian)

They are all crap ....

Also for reference, pretty much anything from GNC is overpriced crap.

Just wanting to nominate this thread for a sticky, and mikeinnaples for a ban.

I went to the Vitamin Shoppe today to pick up Nature's Plus Source of Life with whole food.
Source Of Life W/Whole Food by Nature's Plus - VitaminShoppe.com

I did not see it so I picked up Ultra Ii Sustained Release by Nature's Plus.
Ultra Ii-Sustained Release by Nature's Plus - VitaminShoppe.com

What is the difference between these two, is it a big one? Which is better?

I know it's been a few month's since this post, but I just noticed it and I hate it when legitimate questions go unanswered. So to answer your question Reeves, yes there are definitely differences in these two but whether you would actually notice (or be able to distinctly utilize) the differences would be based on a few personal factors. I'm not very familiar with the Ultra II line but judging by the Supplement Facts listed for it, it looks like a monster in some areas and slightly lacking in others (but again that's going to depend on the person taking it's stats, details and goals). I will say, however, that it looks to be a definite winner in the realm of one-a-day vitamins (I'm still trying to figure out how they pack all of that into one tablet when Source of Life takes 3 tablets). Overall, I would like to see an iron-free version (for men) but otherwise it looks like a pretty good contender.

Thoughts on Optimum Nutrition's Opti-Men?

opti-men-facts.jpg

PhenomKidd, I've tried the ON Opti-Men and I thought it was a pretty good multi. I ended up going back to Source of Life because it fit my needs better. Opti-Men has a good profile (depending on your needs and goals) and I would have no problem recommending it to someone. Overall, I wouldn't rate them at the top of my list but they would still get good marks.

anybody have a good multi reccomendation that is sold in ireland ?

Here are a few stores in your area that carry the Nature's Plus line (Source of Life, Ultra II, etc.):

http://www.naturesplus.com/storelocator/ - (Waterford, Ireland locations are selectable about mid-way down the page)

I'm sure they may be a few other lines of quality multi available in your area as well, this is just the first that I found.

Here are a few stores in your area that carry the Nature's Plus line (Source of Life, Ultra II, etc.):

http://www.naturesplus.com/storelocator/ - (Waterford, Ireland locations are selectable about mid-way down the page)

I'm sure they may be a few other lines of quality multi available in your area as well, this is just the first that I found.

thanks alot man... would you believe i was on this page and everything and didnt notice the locater for ireland :/ hahaha

I have started taking ON Super Multipak, what impact does iron in a multi vit have on a man? I see the source of life is highly recommended here, is this it?

Its the correct web site but the link doesnt bring me to any product so im not 100% sure. The ones i take are the Source of Life No Iron Tablets and i think they work great. Search product number 30581.

Hey guys, I saw a few people in this thread mention NOW - Adam Multivitamin, and since my store carries a lot of NOW for pretty good prices I figured I would give it a try.
NOW Foods - ADAM™ Superior Men's Multiple Vitamin - 60 Tabs

Anyway I wanted to ask you guys I noticed this has ZMA in it. 55mg per daily serving. I went to look up some ZMA threads and pretty much everyone is saying to take it before bed. How can I expect ZMA to work for me since I take it during the day? I take one pill in the AM and 1 in the PM to split up my nutrients a bit and hopefully pee less out.

Just a side note, I switched up from Nature's Plus - Source of Life to this Adam multi, and within a few days I have to say I notice a difference. I feel more energetic and just "lighter" on my feet while taking it. I really like it so far.

none of this matters....just google wholefood multi vitamins vs synthetic vitamins...if its not whole food vitamins,they are synthetic,and your body doesnt recognize them...synthetic vitamins are crap.

Has anyone else tried Source of Life or NOW EcoGreen since this thread was started? I'd like more people that have switched from something like Centrum to a "whole food/natural" vitamin give a quick review. I've done research, and now I'm more confused because lots of websites and "research" contradict each other.:confused:

I've been using Solgar VM-2000 for years and its IMO one of the best multis out there.

Hey guys, I saw a few people in this thread mention NOW - Adam Multivitamin, and since my store carries a lot of NOW for pretty good prices I figured I would give it a try.
NOW Foods - ADAM™ Superior Men's Multiple Vitamin - 60 Tabs

Anyway I wanted to ask you guys I noticed this has ZMA in it. 55mg per daily serving. I went to look up some ZMA threads and pretty much everyone is saying to take it before bed. How can I expect ZMA to work for me since I take it during the day? I take one pill in the AM and 1 in the PM to split up my nutrients a bit and hopefully pee less out.

Just a side note, I switched up from Nature's Plus - Source of Life to this Adam multi, and within a few days I have to say I notice a difference. I feel more energetic and just "lighter" on my feet while taking it. I really like it so far.

There's a tiny fraction of a full dose of ZMA in ADAM, with a "full dose" being the typical 3 capsules of ZMA taken before before bed. Bottom line, it's primarily useful just because it's highly bioavailable zinc, Mg, and B6. Very useful, but certainly nothing extreme either. Don't worry about it.

Back