the double champ dream status destroyed TJ's career

He was on the path of being Bantamweight GOAT.
Then he took that Henry fight that he should have never take... EPO, TKO, injury, surgery etc...

His image, body and mental took a big dive after that fight.
When we look at his skills, he could have dominate Sterling (he would have never been a champ with an active TJ), I think in his prime he would demolish O'Malley/Vera/Munoz
If he stayed active in BW, he could have rematch Cruz and get his loss back etc...

Anyway, crazy to see such a talent finishing his career this way.
Never liked his vibe outside of the cage but damn.... what a threat to watch him fight and Airport shadowbox.
The Henry fight didn't ruing his career. He wouldn't have ever had one without PEDs.

I agree with the OP. TJ always came to fight and I don't follow any drama outside the cage anyway. Being a double champ is overrated and it's very risky to attempt, hurts people's careers.

He was on the path of being Bantamweight GOAT.
Then he took that Henry fight that he should have never take... EPO, TKO, injury, surgery etc...

His image, body and mental took a big dive after that fight.
When we look at his skills, he could have dominate Sterling (he would have never been a champ with an active TJ), I think in his prime he would demolish O'Malley/Vera/Munoz
If he stayed active in BW, he could have rematch Cruz and get his loss back etc...

Anyway, crazy to see such a talent finishing his career this way.
Never liked his vibe outside of the cage but damn.... what a threat to watch him fight and Airport shadowbox.
EPO destroyed his career.

He is not a popular guy on these forums I see lol

Did they give Silva and Jackson new pride belts to unify or Dan’s. I’ve always wondered that.

Dan fought Rampage at LHW in a free TV fight and then fought Anderson at Middleweight like 6 months later.
Lost both fights, close fight with rampage and then won the first round against taking down Anderson until getting rocked in the 2nd and rnc’d on the floor

I don't think the UFC really liked him that much anyway personally, I think his going for double champ status was arguably the product of there hating Might Mouse even more.

Look at the way Barao got a quick remake after gettign destoryed by TJ and then look at the way TJ did not get a remake after an ultra close decision loss to Cruz, really beating Cody twice after that getting the belt back was already unexpected and by the time he lost the belt he was quite old in fight years.

I don't think the UFC really liked him that much anyway personally, I think his going for double champ status was arguably the product of there hating Might Mouse even more.

Look at the way Barao got a quick remake after gettign destoryed by TJ and then look at the way TJ did not get a remake after an ultra close decision loss to Cruz, really beating Cody twice after that getting the belt back was already unexpected and by the time he lost the belt he was quite old in fight years.

I disagree. They gave him the shot over Aldo who had every right to it. TJ got it after a two year suspension and a very questionable decision over Sandhagen.

To think that he only took EPO for the Henry Cejudo fight is either ignorant, disingenuous or means you're uninformed. Even Cody Garbrandt called him out on it on the lead up to their fight.

Yeah he would have pissed hot at some point and been stripped. This was probably only ever going to go one way for him unfortunately.

EPO, TKO, injury, surgery
those are some cool sounding band names.

S934d0y.jpg

He would've take an L soon. Be it Cejudo or Usada.
Honestly he x should have tried his hand at 145 rather than 125.
I thought he was a rather nightmarish matchup for Aldo

He was the best for little while until he fought better.
<Neil01>
PS Sandhagen kicked his ass.

Last edited:
To think that he only took EPO for the Henry Cejudo fight is either ignorant, disingenuous or means you're uninformed. Even Cody Garbrandt called him out on it on the lead up to their fight.

This was a brain dead thing for Cody to say really he dry snitched on his whole team for either A. Condoning the cheating or B. All being on PEDs themselves...but he's never been the sharpest tool in the shed

I disagree. They gave him the shot over Aldo who had every right to it. TJ got it after a two year suspension and a very questionable decision over Sandhagen.

By the time of his comeback he was one of the bigger names in the division but I think the UFC saw Barao, Cruz and Cody as more marketable than TJ.

The standard operating procedure at that time was a new belt for each title win.

I doubt Hendo would give his belts up.

Yeah that makes sense.

By the time of his comeback he was one of the bigger names in the division but I think the UFC saw Barao, Cruz and Cody as more marketable than TJ.
barao more marketable than tj :confused:

Fighters accuse each other of being on PED's all the time.

nah, TJ's greatest accomplishment was beating Cody Garbrandt. i think Moraes would've folded TJ. the only way he's beating O'Malley is with his wrestling. O'Malley's size, speed, and accuracy would've been a problem for TJ striking.
No way in hell does moraes last against prime TJ. It looked bad cutting a ton to fight triple c and losing but skill wise, no one came close to him at bw during his prime aside from Cruz.

Back