The Dumbing Down of America Points in One Direction--Right

And I'm a non partisan centrist who gets called a liberal snowflake all the time. This place thrives on bipartisan mud slinging. And there's far more posts coming from the right than the left, not that there's even anything wrong with that, it's just silly for anyone to act like a victim.

Can you name 5 issues you are conservative on

And stating the fact I've been called a Nazi is not acting like a victim. It's just being honest.

And comparing being called a snowflake to being called a Nazi is a stretch. Do you not see the difference?

OP has right message, wrong conclusion.

It isn't just the Right that is the problem in the US:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-to-go-around-the-sun/?utm_term=.7d0c2e061b97

"Science study: Republicans struggle with evolution, Democrats struggle with the Earth going around the Sun

More disturbingly, in 2012 a majority of Democrats (51 percent) could not correctly answer both that the Earth goes around the Sun and that this takes a year. Republicans fare a bit better, with only 38 percent failing to get both correct."

Last edited:
Can you name 5 issues you are conservative on
When it comes to abortion, gay marriage, most trans subjects, religious freedom, and gun rights, I'm pretty damn conservative. I don't approach anything from a right vs left black & white perspective though, I try to analyze everything as a nonbiased party.

Stick around, share your opinions, be called names like bigot and sexist and labeled a Nazi. You too can become an alt righter!

I don't know why I would be called a bigot, sexist, or Nazi. I don't consider myself to be any of those terms. I think all genders and races/ethnicities should be treated equally. I have no issues with Jews or other religious people as long as they don't try to ram their views down my throat and if they aren't doing practices that hurt others. I try to avoid the name calling and ignore it when I am called names (but sometimes I do react....try not to but am not always successful). I'm usually on the UFC forum but ventured over here after starting to watch the news again after the Las Vegas massacre (I avoided watching the news for many years after getting PTSD-like vibes after watching the fallout from the nonstop 9/11 coverage back in the day). The news channels have really gone downhill from what I remember them to be.

I'm with ya

I'm for decriminalization of all drugs. Pro Gay Marriage. Pro Choice(mostly). Anti war, and an atheist.

In this place I'm frequently called a Nazi.

It's a fun place!

LOL, strange to be called a Nazi when one is pro-gay marriage, pro-legalization of all drugs and anti-war. I'm all for personal responsibility and minimizing government. However I am also for helping people to learn how to help themselves and for helping others who can't help themselves (elderly, disabled, etc...). At the same time there is so much abuse of the system.

When it comes to abortion, gay marriage, most trans subjects, religious freedom, and gun rights, I'm pretty damn conservative. I don't approach anything from a right vs left black & white perspective though, I try to analyze everything as a nonbiased party.
How are you conservative on those issues

So you are Pro Life? Against Homosexuals having partner rights? Against Trans in the Military?

Religious freedom? What? Who is against this?

And you are for all citizens being able to carry firearms?

So you basically want complete government control except firearms?

Last edited:
I don't know why I would be called a bigot, sexist, or Nazi. I don't consider myself to be any of those terms. I think all genders and races/ethnicities should be treated equally. I have no issues with Jews or other religious people as long as they don't try to ram their views down my throat and if they aren't doing practices that hurt others. I try to avoid the name calling and ignore it when I am called names (but sometimes I do react....try not to but am not always successful). I'm usually on the UFC forum but ventured over here after starting to watch the news again after the Las Vegas massacre (I avoided watching the news for many years after getting PTSD-like vibes after watching the fallout from the nonstop 9/11 coverage back in the day). The news channels have really gone downhill from what I remember them to be.

LOL, strange to be called a Nazi when one is pro-gay marriage, pro-legalization of all drugs and anti-war. I'm all for personal responsibility and minimizing government. However I am also for helping people to learn how to help themselves and for helping others who can't help themselves (elderly, disabled, etc...). At the same time there is so much abuse of the system.

You are a Nazi if you do not hate Trump. It's that simple around here.

I have a guy right now saying I'm a baby because he gets called a snowflake.

Snowflake insult=Nazi insult in here also

It's very clearly true that truth and science have taken a back seat to political power and profit.

But don't be so naive to think it's only on the right.

How are you conservative on those issues

So you are Pro Life? Against Homosexuals having partner rights? Against Trans in the Military?

Religious freedom? What? Who is against this?

And you are for all citizens being able to carry firearms?
I am Pro Life but I'm not staunchly in one camp or the other, I think there's some grey area and I lean to the right slightly. To be honest, I think marriage has become nothing but a legal contract, my personal belief is that it's a spiritual bond, I don't care if gay couples get benefits that married couples do, but I don't consider them to be equal to hetero marriages in the eyes of God. That said, I do have a gay friend who is married and I couldn't be happier for her. I'm against trans in the military, I guess, I'm more against women in combat roles though. If there are transgenders who want to perform noncombat roles, I don't really have a problem with that.

I don't know how to word it necessarily. There's definitely atheists who want to remove religion in every way, that I think is wrong. This is a very broad topic that could mean a lot of things, really. My phone is about to die and the electricity is off, if not I would probably put more time in to this post, I'm sorry if it doesn't suffice.

I absolutely am. Hitler got rid of the guns when he could, the founding fathers had enough foresight to protect us from tyranny in that regard. Times have changed, there's a lot of weaponry out there right now, but the core principle I strongly believe in.

Liberalism in the schools isn't working.. It's ladies teaching social b.s. and busy work. Countries doing better have more men teaching. It's the left running schools poorly here.

As the left gets fruity, people just can't go with it. I have been reading discovers and nat geos my whole life, and my dad was a scientist. I see the left CLAIMING science more, but not using it very effectively in their arguments. Both sides are losing it, and I think that's by design.

Last edited:
I am Pro Life but I'm not staunchly in one camp or the other, I think there's some grey area and I lean to the right slightly. To be honest, I think marriage has become nothing but a legal contract, my personal belief is that it's a spiritual bond, I don't care if gay couples get benefits that married couples do, but I don't consider them to be equal to hetero marriages in the eyes of God. That said, I do have a gay friend who is married and I couldn't be happier for her. I'm against trans in the military, I guess, I'm more against women in combat roles though. If there are transgenders who want to perform noncombat roles, I don't really have a problem with that.

I don't know how to word it necessarily. There's definitely atheists who want to remove religion in every way, that I think is wrong. This is a very broad topic that could mean a lot of things, really. My phone is about to die and the electricity is off, if not I would probably put more time in to this post, I'm sorry if it doesn't suffice.

I absolutely am. Hitler got rid of the guns when he could, the founding fathers had enough foresight to protect us from tyranny in that regard. Times have changed, there's a lot of weaponry out there right now, but the core principle I strongly believe in.

I'm sorry. But you are not "conservative" on any issue there but the 2nd amendment

You are Center/Center Left on a few issues

But in no way I would think you are hard liberal or a snowflake. And I wouldn't bitch at you if u called people out for calling you something u are not. And I'd sure as hell not bitch at u if u called people out if they called u a nazi

That's not true. There's bound to be idiots on both sides who will hurl insults and accusations, but not everyone immediately judges people for not hating someone. It says something when Trump does something objectively terrible and a person immediately responds with "Hillary lost, get over it" for the umpteenth time and then goes on to ignore what Trump did and deflecting the topic to how awful Obama was. I don't remotely like Obama, I fucking hate Hillary, but I don't worry about being labeled a Nazi when I post negative things about them.

Vicky sounded like a pretty well spoken individual who wasn't in to playing the bipartisan games that dominate the subforum. I don't think anyone is jumping to label them anything.

I'm sorry. But you are not "conservative" on any issue there but the 2nd amendment

You are Center/Center Left on a few issues
So I'm a centrist? I said that from the beginning.

As I posted above, I didn't watch the news for the longest time (since shortly after 9/11). I didn't know much about Trump except what I heard from others (my mother hates him and my husband is neutral about him). I ended up thinking he was a megalomaniac demented asshole just based on the opinions of others. I didn't vote because of work and that I disliked Clinton (goes back to Bill Clinton and other stuff). Yes, shame on me for not voting but I wasn't informed and if I voted I would have voted Libertarian just to throw my vote away (or to say anti-establishment....again, I wasn't educated on the candidates and didn't feel like my vote mattered.....dumb argument but it is what it is).

Anyway, once I started watching the news again I started with CNN. It was so anti-Trump that I had a backlash reaction and so I turned to MSNBC and had the same anti-Trump news. For some reason it just seemed so one sided and vitriolic that I then went to FOX (yes, FOX has issues but at least I got a different perspective). Now I watch Al-Jazeera and FOX with an occasional viewing of CNN. Basically, I wasn't a Trump supporter until I got upset with CNN and MSNBC. Maybe they made me think of him as the underdog. IDK.

Trump has flaws but I don't think he is as bad as CNN and MSNBC say he is. I also tend to play devil's advocate and their anti-Trump rants brought out that side of me. I think he has flaws but I really don't think he is getting a fair shake by the media. The economy is doing well and he hasn't been in office that long. I guess I am slightly pro-Trump. I'm still neutral on him but I lean toward defending him because of all the hate he is getting. Hard to explain.

Someone posted a funny video on another thread were it had a video of someone talking to college students about Trump's tax plan and they all hated it. Then they were told it was Bernie Saunder's plan and asked what they thought of it and they loved it. I really enjoyed that video because it shows how emotions skew opinion or override logical analysis. I may not be explaining the video correctly but that was the gist of it.

As long as Trump doesn't mess with Social Security (Social Security Disability) and Medicare then I'm ok.

I really don't know many left-wingers who take care of themselves anymore. All the left-leaning professionals I knew have softened up because they're creeped out by "the resistance" or aren't a member of an approved racial/religious group.

Then again I'm no longer in academia so that (& big law) may be the exception. Pregraduate western academia is more or less openly hostile towards scientific realism (prioritizing "inclusiveness") at this point so it allows them to thrive like vermin.

If this grand civil war ever unfolds it's going to be a filth-caked shemale mob battling it out with dentists and software engineers controlling laser drones. The so-called "right" is no longer an alliance between rural religious folk and a handful of megacapitalists. It's become a protective refuge for functional productive people attempting to navigate urban freakshows.

Last edited:
So I'm a centrist? I said that from the beginning.
I asked if there were 5 issues u were conservative. U said yes pretty damn conservative

If those are your most conservative positions you are Maybe Center Left. Maybe.

But the fact that you consider yourself a non biased bipartisan. I assum u hate this thread. I assume u hate 1 side calling another side dumb

I asked if there were 5 issues u were conservative. U said yes pretty damn conservative
Excuse me, I guess that was a somewhat subjective observation. Do I need to post all my "liberal" beliefs too so you can again tell me I'm in the center and maybe slightly to the left?

That's not true. There's bound to be idiots on both sides who will hurl insults and accusations, but not everyone immediately judges people for not hating someone. It says something when Trump does something objectively terrible and a person immediately responds with "Hillary lost, get over it" for the umpteenth time and then goes on to ignore what Trump did and deflecting the topic to how awful Obama was. I don't remotely like Obama, I fucking hate Hillary, but I don't worry about being labeled a Nazi when I post negative things about them.

Vicky sounded like a pretty well spoken individual who wasn't in to playing the bipartisan games that dominate the subforum. I don't think anyone is jumping to label them anything.

So you don't worry about being called a Nazi. But do worry about being called a snowflake?

Back