LHW has been a dump since Jones popped hot in 2017

Like Volkan Oezdemir was a top contender in 2018 where is he now

*clicks* ... UFC DISCUSSION

*creates* ... THREAD

*types* ... "this is not up for discussion"

03OHw6.gif

This is not up for discussion.
<6>
i think that 40 yr old glover is a more glaring sign. the liddell and tito era had more killers in the division. i reckon tito and liddell would be able to topple the comp at the top in their primes too, they wouldn't be competetive in DCXJones era tho

I feel a bit sorry for Hill because it's so easy to use him and say that LHW is terrible, which it is, but it's not like it kicked off with Hill becoming the champ. Glover becoming the champ has always been unthinkable. Jan becoming the champ has always been unthinkable. People were riding on Jiri's bandwagon, yet he was seconds away from losing to old man Glover. Then we have Hill becoming the champ after beating old man Glover. LHW is a very fun division, but it is very weak. DC/Jones/Gus/Rumble/Bader/Davis era was by far the best era so maybe it's a bit of a halo effect now that the old dogs have retired or moved to other orgs/weight classes, whatever comes next will look like shit simply because it was so good prior.

He's not the GOAT

But he's pretty promising. You can talk crap about where Glover was or who Johnny Walker is but you can't expect Hill to just lie down. He's a prisoner of circumstance and imagination of his haters. I see him as a tough, athletic LHW with very deadly hands. And there's no shame to losing to Craig, he can beat about anyone on a good night

Hill legit? Yes, he is. But we don't know his potential yet.
His best win is - and this is note for anyone ignorant who says that he beat Glover - is Texieira who aged overnight.
Glover from Jiri fight would submit Hill in round 1. It is SO EASY to see that he was slower, his TD was telegraphed but people are so stupid that they don't see that.
Or maybe Hill is just better than Jiri? Have you considered that possibility?

Hill is good. He has very good cardio and his power lasts all 5 rounds. He dominated Glover who was .inute away from beating Jiri in previous fight.
Yes, Hill is good and the win over Glover is a good win. But we also must remember Glover was over 40 years old in that fight. He was so slow by that point. Sure, Glover had nearly beaten Jiri in the previous fight but I think that further highlights how weak the division has become. Jiri is an awesome and unpredictable striker but he doesn't have the grappling or grappling defense that greats of the past like Chuck, Wanderlei, Shogun, Machida, Jones, Cormier had. Glover was out wrestling Jiri and Jan with ease. Glover also says a prime Chuck was much better than he ever was. He says a prime Chuck would beat any of the modern Light Heavyweights and he's probably right. Chuck was a pro kickboxer and a D1 wrestler. He had KO power in both hands and feet and had an iron chin. Hill has some decent wins over old guys like Glover and Thiago Santos but he has a lot to prove as a champion in the history books.

Yes, Hill is good and the win over Glover is a good win. But we also must remember Glover was over 40 years old in that fight. He was so slow by that point. Sure, Glover had nearly beaten Jiri in the previous fight but I think that further highlights how weak the division has become. Jiri is an awesome and unpredictable striker but he doesn't have the grappling or grappling defense that greats of the past like Chuck, Wanderlei, Shogun, Machida, Jones, Cormier had. Glover was out wrestling Jiri and Jan with ease. Glover also says a prime Chuck was much better than he ever was. He says a prime Chuck would beat any of the modern Light Heavyweights and he's probably right. Chuck was a pro kickboxer and a D1 wrestler. He had KO power in both hands and feet and had an iron chin. Hill has some decent wins over old guys like Glover and Thiago Santos but he has a lot to prove as a champion in the history books.
Yes the div is weaker overall no doubt. But it is what it is. Cant spam bunch great fighters from out of nowhere.

B-b-b-but current fighters are always always always 100% better than previous generation fighters!

GSP haters said so! Usman beat Masvidal twice, therefore he is amazing!

Tbf LHW has been crap for a long time. Jones was fighting washed MW's or LHW's who were like 60.

Back