THE GIFTED on Fox (Cancelled After Season 2)

If you can watch through the first season, X-men Evolution is better than the original.

I have only seen a few clips of Evolution so I can't say much, although I liked the character designs much better in the original.

I have only seen a few clips of Evolution so I can't say much, although I liked the character designs much better in the original.

Evolution starts off kind of lame, but runs through a complete story arc with the characters starting off as students and becoming senior members and teachers.

If you can watch through the first season, X-men Evolution is better than the original.
Unless they have a comic book background or read Chris Claremont's early 80s run on the comics, I think it's harder for fans of the 90s X-Men Animated Series to enjoy or appreciate X-Men Evolution because the 90s show is already hard imprinted on them as their foundation.

With that said, I agree with you and find Evolution superior to the 90s cartoons in story and animation.

I have very little faith this will be anything other than a fiery car wreck.

After 'Apocalypse,' I really don't give a shit.
what exactly was wrong with this movie?

Besides the obvious. Apocalypse looks like Ivan ooze. Mystique is supoosed to be evil.

I actually thought the movie was alright. I didn't remember scott having a brother though.

what exactly was wrong with this movie?

Besides the obvious. Apocalypse looks like Ivan ooze. Mystique is supoosed to be evil.

I actually thought the movie was alright. I didn't remember scott having a brother though.

Basically, when a movie is hyped up for two years about their most powerful villian being brought to the big screen, and co-titling it with the name of that villian, that villian better be adapted well.

And no one says he was adapted well, at all.

Not only on the appearance/costume, but the voice was absolute shit. And it never was established what his abilitied were, their extent of power, or their limitations.

For example, in the introduction of Storm, its revealed Apocalypse shows he can decapitate enemies with sand.... and he never does it again.

And his cheezy origins that was ripped off of Highlander 2. Yeah, Hollywood loves to rip off Highlander 2 because its a sequel loved by everyone.

Besides Apocalypse, the rest of the movie is good, sometimes great. But it has the expectations of being a follow-up of 'First Class' and 'Days of the Future Past.'

That's why its generally not respected.

Alright, got it.

I haven't read many comic books, so my knowledge is limited to the cartoons.

But yeah. Apocalypse is definitely OP.

Update: January 24, 2017

It's Official: Fox Orders Matt Nix's Live-Action X-MEN Drama to Pilot

lLXPx5B.jpg

It's official: Fox is moving forward with its highly anticipated live-action X-Men drama. The network on Tuesday handed out a formal pilot order to its untitled Marvel action-adventure drama, THR has learned.

From Burn Notice grad and APB showrunner Matt Nix, the drama focuses on two ordinary parents who discover their children possess mutant powers. Forced to go on the run from a hostile government, the family joins up with an underground network of mutants and must fight to survive.

Diehard X-Men fan Nix will pen the script for the "action-adventure" project and serve as showrunner on the potential series, which hails from 20th Century Fox TV and Marvel TV. Nix exec produces alongside X-Men franchise veterans Lauren Shuler Donner, Bryan Singer and Simon Kinberg as well as Marvel's Jeph Loeb and Jim Chory.

Speaking to reporters earlier this month, Nix said the Fox drama — unlike Noah Hawley's upcoming X-Men take Legion is connected to the larger X-Men universe.

Fox Orders Live-Action 'X-Men' Pilot From Bryan Singer, Matt Nix and Marvel TV

Oops, accidentally locked the thread a while ago.

Interested to see what characters they end up going with.

How many of you guys remember the old Generation X series on Fox? I remember liking it as a kid but it was worse than I remembered when re-watching it many years later. The comic source material was really good though.

Wasn't that a TV movie, and not a series?

Update: January 25, 2017

Bryan Singer to Direct the Pilot for Fox's X-MEN TV Series

bryan-singer-slice.jpg

Fox is turning to an X-Men expert to helm its Matt Nix drama. The network has tapped Bryan Singer to direct the untitled Marvel drama, THR has learned. In addition, Singer will executive produce the potential series — which would mark the first live-action X-Men entry on broadcast.

From Burn Notice grad and APB showrunner Nix, the action-adventure drama focuses on two ordinary parents who discover their children possess mutant powers. Forced to go on the run from a hostile government, the family joins up with an underground network of mutants and must fight to survive.

For Singer, the Fox drama marks his latest TV helming foray following Battle Creek, House and Bryan Fuller's Munsters reboot, Mockingbird Lane. On the feature side, Singer is an X-Men pro having directed the first feature film in the franchise in 2000 as well as its 2003 sequel, 2014's X-Men: Days of Future Past and last year's X-Men: Apocalypse.

'X-Men: Days of Future Past' Helmer Bryan Singer to Direct Fox's 'X-Men' Pilot

Back