THE GIFTED on Fox (Cancelled After Season 2)

Jamie Chung was the only good part of Hangover 2

and it had nothing to do with her acting

Update: February 27, 2017

TRUE BLOOD Star Stephen Moyer Cast in Lead Role in Fox's X-Men TV Series

Stephen-Moyer-Fox-X-Men-Series-Dragonlord.jpg

Fox's Marvel drama has found its leading man. Stephen Moyer will star in the untitled pilot from writer Matt Nix and director Bryan Singer, THR has learned.

The action-adventure project focuses on two ordinary parents who discover their children possess mutant powers. Forced to go on the run from a hostile government, the family joins up with an underground network of mutants and must fight to survive.

Moyer will play Reed, an ambitious attorney trying to balance the demands of his job at the DA's office with his responsibilities to his family. He joins a cast that includes Blair Redford and Jamie Chung.

Burn Notice grad Nix wrote the pilot, which Singer will direct. The two will executive produce with Lauren Shuler Donner, Simon Kinberg, Jeph Loeb and Jim Chory. 20th Century Fox Television will produce in association with Marvel Television.

The role keeps Moyer in the Fox fold, where he next stars in the limited drama Shots Fired. Before that, the actor starred on Kurt Sutter's period drama The Bastard Executioner for sibling studio/network FX. His other credits include True Blood, Killing Jesus and Concussion.

'True Blood' Alum Stephen Moyer' Cast in Lead Role in Fox's Marvel Drama

The moment an X-Men tv show was announced I wondered who they were going to cast as Reed, an ambitious attorney trying to balance the demands of his job at the DA's office with his responsibilities to his family.

@Anung Un Rama Almost. Almost Mister Sinister.

He'll be Sinister by the end of the month. As much of an abomination as this show will be, if Moyer winds up being their Sinister its tough to complain about the casting. It will be how the character is written that will suck balls.

The moment an X-Men tv show was announced I wondered who they were going to cast as Reed, an ambitious attorney trying to balance the demands of his job at the DA's office with his responsibilities to his family.
Baby-Laughing-Hard-and-Falls-Over_zpsscaxvlph.gif

As I was reading through the article, how I expected that sentence to finish was completely different from the reality.

For a second I thought @Dragonlordxxxxx got mixed up and accidentally put a press release for a new legal drama ITT instead.

Update: February 28, 2017

INCORPORATED Star Sean Teale Cast as Eclipse in Fox's Marvel Drama

Sean-Teale-X-Men-Spinoff-Series-022817a-Dragonlord.jpg

Sean Teale, star of the Syfy series Incorporated, has been cast in a lead role opposite Stephen Moyer in Fox’s Marvel action-adventure pilot.

Written by Matt Nix and directed by Bryan Singer, the pilot focuses on two ordinary parents — the dad played by Moyer — who discover their children possess mutant powers. Forced to go on the run from a hostile government, the family joins up with an underground network of mutants and must fight to survive.

Teale will play Marcos Diaz/Eclipse. A natural rebel compelled by circumstances to cooperate with others, Marcos is a passionate and strong-willed fighter who sometimes lets his emotions overrule reason. His alter ego, Eclipse, who possesses the ability to absorb and manipulate photons, is a newly created mutant for this expanded X-Men universe.

Sean Teale, a London native, recently played the lead in the SyFy series Incorporated, produced by Ben Affleck and Matt Damon, which ran for one season. He also played Conde on Season 2 of The CW’s Reign and Franco on the second season of ITV/PBS’ Mr. Selfridge. Teale got his start on the British series Skins.

Sean Teale To Co-Star In Fox Marvel Pilot As Newly Created Mutant Character

@Anung Un Rama I know this new Eclipse news is not as exciting as the casting of Reed (the ambitious family man lawyer) but hey what can we do.

In what might be good or bad news depending on your point of view, this show just got considerably more jailbaity.

Natalie Alyn Lind (The Goldbergs) has been cast in a key role in Fox’s untitled Marvel action-adventure series pilot.

Written by Matt Nix and directed by Bryan Singer, the pilot focuses on two ordinary parents who discover their children possess mutant powers. Forced to go on the run from a hostile government, the family joins up with an underground network of mutants and must fight to survive. Lind will play Lauren, one of the children at the center of the story. Smart, pretty, popular, organized, and already ahead on her college applications, Lauren is the model of a perfect kid.​

Those who remember her stint as Silver St. Cloud in Gotham last season will understand what I am talking about.

Update: March 2, 2017

Amy Acker Cast as the Female Lead in Fox's X-MEN Spinoff Series

Amy-Acker-X-Men-Spinoff-Series-Dragonlord.jpg

Fox's Marvel drama has cast its leading lady, and diehard fanboys are going to love it. A Person of Interest and Angel alum has nabbed the female lead in the untitled Marvel drama from Matt Nix, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.

The action-adventure project focuses on two ordinary parents (True Blood's Stephen Moyer, Acker) who discover their children possess mutant powers. Forced to go on the run from a hostile government, the family joins up with an underground network of mutants and must fight to survive.

Acker will star as Kate Stewart, a woman who is struggling with her separation from her husband, Reed (Moyer) and her increasingly challenging teenage children. When her family situation takes a dark turn, she finds that she's stronger than she thinks.

For Acker, the casting brings her back to Fox and producers 20th Century Fox Television following her two-season run on Joss Whedon's Dollhouse. Her credits include Whedon's Angel and Much Ado About Nothing. She's fresh off her multiple-season run on CBS' Person of Interest, which wrapped its run in June, and counts CBS' MacGyver and Alias among her credits.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/amy-acker-set-as-female-lead-foxs-marvel-drama-982489

Emma Dumont to Play Polaris in X-MEN Series; Percy Hynes White Joins Cast

Emma-Dumont-Polaris-X-Men-3-Dragonlord.jpg

Bunheads grad Emma Dumont (picture above) and Percy Hynes White (Between) have joined the cast of Fox's marvel drama, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.

Dumont, meanwhile, will take on the role of Lorna Dane/Polaris — a strong-willed, brave and loyal mutant who has the ability to manipulate magnetism. Her credits also include NBC's Aquarius and Pretty Little Liars.

White will portray Andy, a sensitive kid and bit of a loner, who keeps to himself to avoid the turmoil he faces at school and at home. His credits include Between, 11.22.63 and Night at the Museum.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/amy-acker-set-as-female-lead-foxs-marvel-drama-982489

Fox's Marvel drama has cast its leading lady, and diehard fanboys are going to love it. A Person of Interest and Angel alum has nabbed the female lead in the untitled Marvel drama from Matt Nix, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.

The action-adventure project focuses on two ordinary parents (True Blood's Stephen Moyer, Acker) who discover their children possess mutant powers. Forced to go on the run from a hostile government, the family joins up with an underground network of mutants and must fight to survive.

Acker will star as Kate Stewart, a woman who is struggling with her separation from her husband, Reed (Moyer) and her increasingly challenging teenage children. When her family situation takes a dark turn, she finds that she's stronger than she thinks.

For Acker, the casting brings her back to Fox and producers 20th Century Fox Television following her two-season run on Joss Whedon's Dollhouse. Her credits include Whedon's Angel and Much Ado About Nothing. She's fresh off her multiple-season run on CBS' Person of Interest, which wrapped its run in June, and counts CBS' MacGyver and Alias among her credits.

I'm confused.

Are they currently making fifty shows about mutants?

I am cautiously optimistic. Legion is one of the best shows on TV now, so I'm glad they went forward with this. I'm also glad Legion doesn't have ties to the XMen universe as of yet, let's see if they go with the "Polaris is Magneto's daughter" angle or if they just allude to her dad being someone we have heard about before like they did with QS/SW in Avengers 2.

Matt Nix did terrific work with Burn Notice, so I'm hopeful he can turn this into something good as well.

I'm confused.

Are they currently making fifty shows about mutants?

Just this one and Legion, as far as I am aware.

Inhumans, Runaways and Cloak & Dagger don't qualify as they're part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe and they can't use mutants.

yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes,yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes,yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes,yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes,yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes,yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes,yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes,yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes,yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes,yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes,yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes,yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes,yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes,yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes,yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes,yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes,yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes,yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes,yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes,

I'm glad she's not playing someone with powers. Gives the character a chance top evolve into a regular badass, if that makes any sense.

I'm glad she's not playing someone with powers. Gives the character a chance top evolve into a regular badass, if that makes any sense.
She's playing a female version of Magneto. She has powers.

Edit: my bad thought you quoted the other update

Back