The Great Smartphone & Tablet Thread, v5: Death to the Headphone Jack

My motorola g5 is shitting the bed. Looking at the Galaxy s10e. Anyone have one? Thoughts? It's $550 on amazon right now.

I have to say I am llking the look of the upcoming Razr flip phone

BelatedMelodicBuzzard-max-1mb.gif

My MI MIX 2S just broke the screen and I don´t feel like replacing, was looking for some midrange phones. I would probably pick Xiaomi 9T Pro but I want to move away from the chinese, prefer Korean and Apple is out of question I´m not used to IOS.

Any recommendations?

I really like the S10 lite but it has no wireless charging

just bought a S9+ hope it was not a shit decision, the price was down because of S20/S10

I think the Moto G9 Plus might be the most exciting new phone release I've seen in headlines in years for the simple value the phone is bringing. Most of you are probably aware of Moto's G series, by now, which has reigned among budget offerings for nearly half a decade, now. I've seen some really attractive sales on older Pixel phones several times, but those are rare, and Oneplus was always a niche that got more press than it had market relevance which also stopped catering to the budget market a while ago.

The Moto G9 Play is had already been revealed, but this Plus is a step up. Check this thing out. It's €255 Euros (~$300) a la carte, or €235 (~$275) with a contract plan. It should be coming to the States shortly. Fingers crossed the prices are the same as the conversions:
https://www.phonearena.com/news/motorola-moto-g9-plus-specs-price-leak_id126980
https://www.theverge.com/2020/9/7/2...4-megapixel-quad-camera-5000-mah-battery-play
moto_g9_plus.0.jpg

EhOONZ9XsAApWAh

Key upgrades over the Play model:
  • 6.81" Screen
  • 2400x1080 resolution
  • 128GB Storage
  • Quad Camera
  • 64MP Rear Camera

Plus it keeps the massive 5000 mAh battery in this sleek package-- you can use phone arena to see a side by comparison of its dimensions to the iPhone XS Max, for example. Only significant hardware downside versus the latest flagships is the processor isn't a rocketship, if it's a dealbreaker it's only as powerful as the Samsung Galaxy S8 phones, and it isn't 5G (which matters to absolutely no one).

Hard to believe you can get this much hardware for that little money these days.

I recently replaced My Motorola phone on T-Mobile with a Samsung 5g phone and I love it, I got that deal where you turn in an older phone and get the samsung for like 250 with your contract but you have to keep the phone for a while, thats the catch some people would likely try to re sell the phones on Ebay so T-mobile put that in the contract.

But I love it so far. The 5g is pretty good, I was able to use my phone in the hillside during a shipping route near Cabazon.

Normally my connection drops or becomes weak. This the first time I ever owned a super expensive phone but I only paid a fraction of the price so thats why I got it, Im frugal and only like buying things if I can get a discount or save in the long run.

Back