The greatest era of fighters EVER

RonDante

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Is the lightweight division from 2014-2018

Edson barboza, the crafty 37 year old vet, and his win over sodiq yusuff, made me think about this

Barboza, RDA, McGregor, Khabib, Poirier, Gaethje, Pettis, Alvarez, Cerrone, Ferguson, Johnson and Diaz

I truly believe this is the greatest era of the most skilled fighters we have ever seen, EVER

Idk skill but the LHWs of the 2000s was for sure packed with some legendary shit. Shogun, Rampage, Tito, Machida, Chuck, Forrest, Bonnar, Rashad, Wanderlei, Couture, with some fun fighters thrown in like T. Silva, Jardine, some special guest appearances of Final Form Silva...

Idk skill but the LHWs of the 2000s was for sure packed with some legendary shit. Shogun, Rampage, Tito, Machida, Chuck, Forrest, Bonnar, Rashad, Wanderlei, Couture, with some fun fighters thrown in like T. Silva, Jardine, some special guest appearances of Final Form Silva...

I was going to say the same. The only criticism of that era is that Jones and Cormier were way better than those guys.

By greatest I mean exciting fights, personalities, skill, but mostly skill

Edson barboza, the crafty 37 year old vet, and his win over sodiq yusuff, made me think about this

Barboza, RDA, McGregor, Khabib, Poirier, Gaethje, Pettis, Alvarez, Cerrone, Ferguson, Johnson and Diaz

I truly believe this is the greatest era of the most skilled fighters we have ever seen, EVER

You forgot Benson Henderson

I agree
lw did seems above all, only fw could compete with it

ufc-129.jpg

I hate the order you put your list in but yeah, that really is one of the best eras for a division.

I personally loved when LHW was Shogun/Wand/Rampage/Chuck/Couture/Tito/Lyoto/Rashad/Griffin/Arona/LilNog/Hendo/Overeem/Randleman

Edit: Just realized I basically copied @CannotWin 's post
No order meant, just put them down as I thought of them

Lol Conor...

At 155lbs too ..double LOL...

The crop before was better and includes most of the same minus Conor..but BJ Penn is added

I truly believe this is the greatest era in of the most skilled fighters we have ever seen, EVER
well, my favorite era was watching Mike Tyson growing up it was something else...was not more excited to see someone fight than Tyson.

For UFC, UFC when it started, it was full of unknowns and more exciting to watch.

Also Overeem, Igor, Vitor, Arona, etc…

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back