The guy Aaron Pico absolutely wiped the floor with became a world champion in wrestling today.

Pico is a freak, too bad about his glass chin. Bellator still feeding him cans because of his chin.
You can't always have it all I guess unless you're Francis or Shavkat. Lol

Bellator should have fed pico cans only ufc did with Nikals and Rosas jr

yeah but he's not a tomato can. tomato cans are guys literally brought in to lose. like what they were doing for Greg Hardy for a while. O'Malley got the Conor treatment. favorable match ups. but they didn't give him straight up tomato cans like they did for Greg Hardy, like what they're doing for Bo Nickal. O'Malley at least fought guys who were in the UFC before he came llke Conor's title run at 145lb.

Damn you really compared Conor to O'Malley wow. You know there's a saying, you never go full retard, but sorry pal, you just did.

never-go-full-retard-tropic-thunder.gif

Conor fought Max, Poirier, and Mendes in his 2nd, 4th and 6th fight.

O'Malley fought Southkamph, Wineland, Almeida in his 2nd, 4th and 6th fight.

Man, you can't be more wrong, it's just mindboggliing.

I can't imagine someone would compare O'Malley to Conor other than his delusioinal self and his delusional fans.

Yikes.

Damn Pico was amazing to watch, so sad he couldn’t live up to the hype. He was just too reckless coming into mma and that chin is suspect.

PFL fed human corpses to Kayla, and Bellator slightly better for MVP, and UFC did pretty much the same for O'Malley, human tomato cans with all due respect to those fighters. They just got back on that train last night for Rosa. But UFC BW is too stacked right now for them to do that for Rosa like O'Malley, where UFC gave O'Malley absolute tomato cans for him to get enough wins to give him undeserved win-win fights, and the robbery to boot.

Don't get the Suga hate nonsense.

Sure, he fought some bums, but they made sense at the time. Souk, Quiononez, etc. made sense at the time. Then he got thrown in against CHito pretty quick, so they clearly weren't trying to protect him too much. Then Almeida who was nothing, Moutinho was short notice and replaced Smolka. Smolka not elite, but he wasn't terrible. He was just the sort of guy Suga should have been facing at the time.

Then it was Paiva, who was better than all the others Suga had faced except Chito. That was a good, natural step up. Then Pedro, who was another step up again. Then Yan lol.

I think Suga's run is how it should be done. A couple of low level guys to start. Then the step up against Chito which he lost. A couple of bounce back fights before another step up. That had a weird ending, but whatever.

It's always heartbreaking to see a talented prospect exposed for having a glass chin. Everything else you can train for, but you can't really teach a guy how to take a punch.

Don't get the Suga hate nonsense.

Sure, he fought some bums, but they made sense at the time. Souk, Quiononez, etc. made sense at the time. Then he got thrown in against CHito pretty quick, so they clearly weren't trying to protect him too much. Then Almeida who was nothing, Moutinho was short notice and replaced Smolka. Smolka not elite, but he wasn't terrible. He was just the sort of guy Suga should have been facing at the time.

Then it was Paiva, who was better than all the others Suga had faced except Chito. That was a good, natural step up. Then Pedro, who was another step up again. Then Yan lol.

I think Suga's run is how it should be done. A couple of low level guys to start. Then the step up against Chito which he lost. A couple of bounce back fights before another step up. That had a weird ending, but whatever.

No bud, you are wrong in this. Paiva was a flyweight who should've lost to Zhalgas at FLW and just a tailor made match up for O'Malley to look good againt. I said this before the fight, and I remember another guy was like oh paiva was such a great win and u just talking in hindsight, and remember digging up the thread where I said it, where that guy was talking up paiva before the fight too.

If Smolka was the type of a guy Sugar was supposed to fight at that stage, then I agree, he fits right in with the scheme.

And Chito was NOT because they were rushing him, it was because a) Chito started 4-4 in UFC and was not as highly regarded and under the radar even though he had some win streak b) coming off a loss c) they bought into O'Malley hype. Chito was a huge underdog. But I don't count Chito as tomato cans.

So I said 6 wins that got him set up for Munhoz fight, which was back most winnable fight out of top 10 or near top 10. Then totally undeserving yan fight. No one on Sherdog said O'Malley was a better striker than Yan than me well before that fight happened, as far as I can tell, so it's not like I'm not giving O'Malley no credit. That was a win-win fight.

All in all, what can I say? It is what it is.

Damn you really compared Conor to O'Malley wow. You know there's a saying, you never go full retard, but sorry pal, you just did.

never-go-full-retard-tropic-thunder.gif

Conor fought Max, Poirier, and Mendes in his 2nd, 4th and 6th fight.

O'Malley fought Southkamph, Wineland, Almeida in his 2nd, 4th and 6th fight.

Man, you can't be more wrong, it's just mindboggliing.

I can't imagine someone would compare O'Malley to Conor other than his delusioinal self and his delusional fans.

Yikes.

that has nothing to do with what i'm talking about. you're talking about quality wins and i'm talking about stylistic matchups. they both avoided fighting grapplers because the UFC allowed it. Conor handpicked Mendes on short notice while O'Malley didn't fight one until he fought Sterling. you're biased, get over it.

No bud, you are wrong in this. Paiva was a flyweight who should've lost to Zhalgas at FLW and just a tailor made match up for O'Malley to look good againt. I said this before the fight, and I remember another guy was like oh paiva was such a great win and u just talking in hindsight, and remember digging up the thread where I said it, where that guy was talking up paiva before the fight too.

If Smolka was the type of a guy Sugar was supposed to fight at that stage, then I agree, he fits right in with the scheme.

And Chito was NOT because they were rushing him, it was because a) Chito started 4-4 in UFC and was not as highly regarded and under the radar even though he had some win streak b) coming off a loss c) they bought into O'Malley hype. Chito was a huge underdog. But I don't count Chito as tomato cans.

So I said 6 wins that got him set up for Munhoz fight, which was back most winnable fight out of top 10 or near top 10. Then totally undeserving yan fight. No one on Sherdog said O'Malley was a better striker than Yan than me well before that fight happened, as far as I can tell, so it's not like I'm not giving O'Malley no credit. That was a win-win fight.

All in all, what can I say? It is what it is.

You say I'm wrong, but bro, you don't really seem to be disagreeing with me lol.

I didn't say Paiva was some great win, just that he made sense for Suga at the time. He was on a 3 fight streak. Paiva had just beaten Kyler, which was a better win than anything Suga had done.

I didn't say they were rushing him against Chito either. Just that it happened pretty quick. It was a fight that made enough sense for both guys. A decent step up for Suga after some highlight wins and a bounce back fight for Chito after a close loss. Suga lost and went backwards after that. It isn't much different from Chito fighting Suga after losing to Yadong the fight prior.

Everything Suga had done up until this point was enough to get him at least the 13th rank that he had. Then he fought Pedro who was 9th and had that weird result.

Him getting to fight Yan was just a case of Yan needing an opponent, underestimating Suga, etc.

Yan's path to the belt wasn't even that much better, if it was even better at all lol. I'd say he would just as undeserving as Suga.

Fought some low level guys. Dodson who was washed. Then fights Jimmie who was like 7th or something. Then fights the ghost of Faber before fighting Aldo, who had no wins in the division, for the belt.

Zain also got a lot better.

Pico beat him before he won his national championships in college and before Zain had a better freestyle career.

They never wrestled each other at the senior level of freestyle. Pico is a good wrestler no doubt though.

Wrestling is not mma

Repeat with me guys, wrestling is not mma

In mma people punch your face

Pico doesn't look right to me.

I think he's done, hope I'm wrong. But yeah, could be undefeated since 2020.
Done? Why? He has been looking better and better.

He is about to turn 27 and is fighting Pedro Carvalho next.

I honestly think he is about to hit his prime. Hopefully they UFC picks him if Bellator fells apart.

What are his earnings compared to Picos?

I've only seen a few of Pico's fights, but barely remember him using any wrestling. He seemed to fall in love with his boxing, at least in those fights.

So when Pico was like 19 or whatever, there was this guy called Zain Retherford, who wrestled for the same university Bo Nickal is from.

Retherford is a three-time NCAA champion, one time silver world medalist, though not official olympic weight class, now a gold medalist at the worlds.
There's a shit load of hype behind Nickal, which I'm not part of, Retherford is simply better than Nickal.

And if you weren't following their match ups in wrestling, and when I say Pico wiped the floor with Retherford, that is no exaggeration. Pico was that special of a prospect.

It's just an unfortunate reminder what unfortunate rushing of the best prospect in MMA history can possibly derail that promising career from the get go.

Rosa who fought last night compared to Pico would be akin to a broken down bicycle to a Porsche and UFC is clearly trying to push that guy hard.

PFL fed human corpses to Kayla, and Bellator slightly better for MVP, and UFC did pretty much the same for O'Malley, human tomato cans with all due respect to those fighters. They just got back on that train last night for Rosa. But UFC BW is too stacked right now for them to do that for Rosa like O'Malley, where UFC gave O'Malley absolute tomato cans for him to get enough wins to give him undeserved win-win fights, and the robbery to boot.

Pico is only 26 years old right now. Hope he can come back, but he just looks like he never mentally recovered. Yes Pico is 7-1 since 2020 with one fluke injury loss, but still he just doesn't look right to me since.

Here's to hoping he can come back.

Rinya Nakamura tech'd a world champion 11-0.

Back