The hilarity that is the Crypto.com payout

I love it. Making your own currency is shit in the first place.
Hope it hits zero.
<{shaqs}>
yeah, lets keep rooting for the 1%!! yaaaaay corporate dictators! fuck the little guy! wtf you people are brutal. no one owns it. its completely decentralized. "your own currency" is false. its a deflationary decentralized currency. nothing could say fuck you to the man more than that, so you either dont understand it, or you like licking boots.

What if they immediatedly exchanged it? What about the subsequent payouts in crypto should the value rise again?

For all we know it could be relatively locked in. Bitcoin exploded when everyone was getting into it and it crashed right after very heavily. The S&P has 65 years of consistent upwards direction with only a few major dips. BTC has already had 2 50% drops in a year and a half. Plus, crypto is based on literally nothing. Can't buy groceries with it, can't buy gas with it, can't pay your mortgage with it, can't pay your taxes with it (excluding all niche exceptions). I don't even know if it has potential in the future but if it does now definitely isn't the time.
my local grocery store has a crypto payment option. my local movie theater does too. its going to happen in more and more places, and its easy to exchange it for its dollar value, and pay all of those things with it, so that is a very weird argument.

The volatile nature of Bitcoin is well known for people in the crypto space. Bear markets are a part of regular market cycles. If you hold BTC long term you will be fine. Just like everyone else that has held since 2012 and beyond.

yeah, lets keep rooting for the 1%!! yaaaaay corporate dictators! fuck the little guy! wtf you people are brutal. no one owns it. its completely decentralized. "your own currency" is false. its a deflationary decentralized currency. nothing could say fuck you to the man more than that, so you either dont understand it, or you like licking boots.

It's for the little guy to invest stupidly in for the big guy to rip them off more and when it crashes the little guy won't have anything, but the big guy will.

If a moron wants to invest in beanie babies they can, but they're still a moron. I feel a slight bit bad, but that 0.1 percent of feeling bad is outweighed by the other 99.9 percent.
<WhatIsThis>

It's for the little guy to invest stupidly in for the big guy to rip them off more and when it crashes the little guy won't have anything, but the big guy will.

If a moron wants to invest in beanie babies they can, but they're still a moron. I feel a slight bit bad, but that 0.1 percent of feeling bad is outweighed by the other 99.9 percent.
<WhatIsThis>
those people who sell because it crashed are idiots. they deserve it because they are trying to get rich quick. im still up over 250% average over my entire portfolio (been 4.5 years since I started), and it will go back up.

For all we know it could be relatively locked in. Bitcoin exploded when everyone was getting into it and it crashed right after very heavily. The S&P has 65 years of consistent upwards direction with only a few major dips. BTC has already had 2 50% drops in a year and a half. Plus, crypto is based on literally nothing. Can't buy groceries with it, can't buy gas with it, can't pay your mortgage with it, can't pay your taxes with it (excluding all niche exceptions). I don't even know if it has potential in the future but if it does now definitely isn't the time.
Well your argument can't be true.
It can't be both things.

If it is not being used as a currency (a medium of exchange for goods and services) and only as a speculative investment and exchange between other currency and investment assests then the price will NOT be "locked in."
The only thing that stabilizes currencies is being used as a currency. Then they tend to follow the markets. If for some reason a regional or local currency is affected and others aren't then you will see price fluctuations reflecting that but a speculative investment's price won't be "locked in."

And if it was adopted more as a currency, it would arguably be less volatile than other options.

It just can't be both. Or if it somehow were to be both it would take other larger outside forces to maintain a stable exchange rate--but that would mean regulation and short of every currency refusing to exchange for bitcoin I don't see how you can accomplish that because you can only regulate it's use locally and enforcement of that is damn near impossible without an authoritarian state.

those people who sell because it crashed are idiots. they deserve it because they are trying to get rich quick. im still up over 250% average over my entire portfolio (been 4.5 years since I started), and it will go back up.

Everyone is an idiot *waves hand* we're animals and not very smart. Specially investing in something that is based on what....human value and trust hahahaha oh man that fucking gold. It also wastes tons of resources and minerals and causes prices of shit to rise and puts other things out of the hands of the "common" man.

Sounds like brain dead elitist crap to me and everything crashes just to let ya know. Fingers crossed.

<{jackyeah}>

How long does the investment have to stay in before they can touch it? They couldn’t immediately cash out?

Everyone is an idiot *waves hand* we're animals and not very smart. Specially investing in something that is based on what....human value and trust hahahaha oh man that fucking gold. It also wastes tons of resources and minerals and causes prices of shit to rise and puts other things out of the hands of the "common" man.

Sounds like brain dead elitist crap to me and everything crashes just to let ya know. Fingers crossed.

<{jackyeah}>
idiot is a relative term. I mean idiots compared to people who know anything about trading or crypto. these are people who just jumped on the bandwagon because they thought they could exploit a trend to get rich quick with little effort or knowledge. its relatively new technology. crypto like eth are doing things to change the resource usage.

We're in a recession. Stocks all crashing down as well as housing market plus record high inflation. Plus Federal Reserve just increased interest rates, hasn't been that high since like 1994. That will increase interest rates in everything from loans to mortgages. So the economy is just overall bad right now. Yes the people that got their payments during all-time highs are taken losses if they didn't sell by now. But the ones receiving it now will profit when it eventually goes up. People should look into the history of BTC and crypto and not just the past 2 years to understand how it really moves over the years.

Also global conflict and Ukraine/Russia war is affecting global crypto and stock markets.

you're not sure what they're arguing because they arent sure either. they're an idiot. so many people are experts on shit they have no shred of a clue about.
If it's supposed to go against everything that fiat currencies are susceptible to then why is crypto crashing just as the US dollar is seeing higher inflation, Russia/Ukraine war, and the stock market dip? Seems to be doing the exact same thing as real money except on a higher magnitude.

they could immediately cash out if they wanted to.

Unless they freeze access to it as it's crashing. Which they did the other day on one site. Then you can't cash out until they unfreeze and when they do it can instantly go tits up and you're left with nothing. If you're gonna cash out, watch the market and cash out before it drops super hard. Better to cash out before and lose half your money then all of it.

It’s ok once Conor signs up to crypto.com they will go back to the moon!

We're in a recession. Stocks all crashing down as well as housing market plus record high inflation. Plus Federal Reserve just increased interest rates, hasn't been that high since like 1994. That will increase interest rates in everything from loans to mortgages. So the economy is just overall bad right now. Yes the people that got their payments during all-time highs are taken losses if they didn't sell by now. But the ones receiving it now will profit when it eventually goes up. People should look into the history of BTC and crypto and not just the past 2 years to understand how it really moves over the years.

Also global conflict and Ukraine/Russia war is affecting global crypto and stock markets.
"Over the years" being less than 20. The NYSE has been around for 230 years. The Dow Jones ha been around for 137 years. The S&P has been around for 65 years. Bitcoin is still in unknown territory and nothing says it can't just vanish. Government can and are putting regulations on it. They won't let you pay your taxes in it but will certainly tax your gains from it. And if it were independent from things then why isn't it at a stable amount? And who can even decide that amount? Why don't we just decide it's worth $5000 or $50,000 and leave it at that? It will always fluctuate and be based on real money until real money is gone. You cannot stop comparing it to the dollar because the dollar is the real world currency. If a company wants to sell a product for BTC they must compare it to their operating costs in the real world dollar. If inflation rises and their materials cost more they are going to have to sell it for more BTC. Therefore if the USD inflates, BTC inflates because they aren't going to charge .0005 BTC forever when .0005 BTC equals $20 one day and $9 the next.

Back