The Hot Ones Thread *LW #1 Contender Dustin Poirier appears on the show!*

I'm a huge fan of Eric Andre because of his HOT ONES segment.

Of course I have to add the caveat I fell in love with Lance Reddick after the ERIC ANDRE SHOW.

It's all this weird rolling thing. And because we've gotten this far:

tenor.gif

Which is your favorite?

I think the first one where they eat the Carolina reaper is my fav. The other two after that are great as well. He comes on to do a “traditional” hot ones style interview where they eat crazy pepper mashes, which is good too.

As far as hot ones in general, I really liked the Michael Cera one.

One of my favorite lines in movie history.

"You ever seen a hundred women get wet at once?"

what about them?
They're simply nothing special.
I've played pre and post; they don't play significantly differently.
You can get a good cheap Mexican Strat if you shop well.
If you want a better Strat, they're plenty available, of many different years. But there's no audibly discernable reason to spend tens of thousands of dollars for something nobody will notice.

They're simply nothing special.
I've played pre and post; they don't play significantly differently.
You can get a good cheap Mexican Strat if you shop well.
If you want a better Strat, they're plenty available, of many different years. But there's no audibly discernable reason to spend tens of thousands of dollars for something nobody will notice.
I have to disagree. The tone and playability is a world apart. A 1961 seafoam green strat I played is the best sounding guitar I've ever heard irl. I've played mexican fenders for years and the notion that even custom shop or super expensive modern fenders sound or play as good as pre cbs is ridiculous to me. People let the price tag cloud their judgement, but the reality is that before Leo sold out, it was just a special time. The best Rock n roll is vintage and so are the best guitars.

I'm a huge fan of Eric Andre because of his HOT ONES segment.

Damn, Eric is a savage with the plates and glasses at the end. That doesn't look like a staged gimmick, either. Hespect to Sean, too, for eating a Carolina Reaper whole. That would have been a hospital visit for me.

Noticed this in the sidebar after I watched that:

This interview reminded me I don't know nearly enough The Stooges. He also piqued my interest in The Fiery Trial. I'll have to read that. That's one I've never seen come up when I've looked at recommended books about Lincoln.

I also love his idea to take the wing with the Last Dab that Sean dabbed for himself. You could tell Henry is sensitive to hot foods, maybe that was in his head a bit, but the way he stuck to it, like nothing, that was really impressive. Henry Rollins is no bitch. Spicy foods aren't high on the ladder of physical adversities he has endured. Legendary pain tolerance.

Which is your favorite?

Rollins wasn't fooling when he said they're America's best rock band. The Stooges, Fun House, Raw Power are all different and all amazing. Start from the first album and work your way forward.

Bieber probably paid him to say just like he probably paid to be in Mayweather’s walkout crew/corner.

Best part of this episode, hands down, is the anecdote Bryan tells about the restaurant in Dayton Beach where he used to work with his brother when he was younger:

Youd have to be an idiot to think Beiber doesn't have talent. He has talent to spare, that goes without question.

His biggest problem is that he went from a nobody to a international superstar essentially overnight, and the fame got to him. His antics off the stage made him completely unbearable, plus he makes music that caters to the vast idiots of YouTube fandom. What's really sad is that as of late you can tell his world is coming apart, he is obviously going through a mental break with his sudden marriage and how he has been acting.

Miley was the same way, extremely talented but remarkably shitty music combined with her being a snot in general. But if you look up her cover of Jolene, the girl shows what she is actually capable of.

He can play, but in my opinion he doesn't really say anything new.
He's got chops but I do too.

He's one of those players I hear and think, "I've known better guitarists."
his shit is annoying as fuck to play since he's always using his thumb.

Came here for hot babes. Got hot wings instead.

{<redford}

"melodist" is not a very masculine word or description.

That's a nice thing for Mr. Mayer to say. He's nice.

Back