The injury wasn't really accidental

What makes it weird is how the shoulder isn't the joint being directly attacked. It's like tearing your ACL carrying somebody trying to RNC you, or rolling your ankle stepping out of a knee bar

Wasn't deep and it was a standard escape. You can say it's legit but its akin to a knee injury from sprawling
Sometimes someone throws a jab and it knocks the other guy out cuz their chin lets them down. If Brian's joints let him down then that sucks, but being physically resilient is part of the game.

Fuk, I missed everything. I finding a good stream and the fight ended, just from the descriptions, it sounds like Brian was getting touched then got injured from an escape which is basically a TKO?

It looked like an escape but, really, he "escaped" because his shoulder gave out to loosen Yair's grip.

Yair shouldn't have agreed to a rematch...

he was tooling him on the feet badly and basically ended the fight with a submission

Sometimes someone throws a jab and it knocks the other guy out cuz their chin lets them down. If Brian's joints let him down then that sucks, but being physically resilient is part of the game.

Sure. I'm not saying you cant say it isn't legit.

It looked like an escape but, really, he "escaped" because his shoulder gave out to loosen Yair's grip.

Just watched it, it's a TKO. Ortega defended a real threat of an armbar and basically got submitted trying to get out of it, IMO.

If that armbar wasn't tight and locked, Ortega would still be fighting. Another thing I noticed is Ortega looks really average when he strikes against a decent striker who is his height and reach, the speed only made it worse. I also believe that Yair earned that submission because he grabbed Ortega's leg to keep Ortega from lifting him up and keeping Brian's posture broken enough to keep him locked in and deep. That's a sub in my book.

A double is not used to cause injury, but to take down, a arm bar is used to injury the arm, targets the elbow but can verry well become a shoulder lock with a little adjustment.

Doubles absolutely can cause damage.

When has a shoulder ever popped out in the ufc from an arm pull out to defend the arm bar from a stacked position? It wasnt like Mir v Williams

Back