• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

International The Iran war began January 3rd 2020, when Trump killed Soleimani. V3

Do you support war with Iran?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even the EU considers Soleimani a terrorist, Canada of all countries considers the Quds Force a terrorist organization I mean why would anyone outside of Iran feel the need to defend killing this guy?

Because Donald Trump took credit for killing him. Trump is pretty stupid. Had he come out and said the strike was the culmination of an intelligence operation begun by Obama, we would be spared the reverent eulogizing of this globally recognized terrorist as a warrior-philosopher.

There is one thing who's important now, not attacking Iran military anymore.
The thing is, when you do that, you create a patriotic answer, it's not productive at all and achieve the opposite of your goals.

I saw it first hand in Lebanon , because of the 2006 war, Hezbollah became really popular.
I know lot of people who switched after that.
And I'm not speaking about nutheads, but 20/30 years old dudes who drink alcohol and bang girls.

So only 8.7% of Sherdog is crazy.

<mma4>

Bruh just let them have their show of force, no one died, call on diplomats and work on cutting some sanctions to avoid further conflict.

Agreed. I think it was good to respond forcefully to the attack on our embassy, but I want no part of a full blown war with Iran.

I don’t think you guys realize it yet; the deep state officials who control Trump want a hot war. The escalation is going to continue and waste a lot of taxpayer dollars. We’re talking trillions.

I can’t predict the cost in human life, but China and Russia are not going to let Iran get subjugated.

The thing is, when you do that, you create a patriotic answer, it's not productive at all and achieve the opposite of your goals.

I saw it first hand in Lebanon , because of the 2006 war, Hezbollah became really popular.
And I'm not speaking about nutheads, but 20/30 years old dudes who drink alcohol and bang girls.

You can go to bed now, nothing is happening

Irish proving to be a solid B+ Mod up in here

For perspective on whether this is an emergent situation or a plan we're carrying out, compare to the Iraq War.

Iraq = Months of prepositioning of troops and weapons and politicking for access to airspace

Iran = No evidence of prepositioning of assets or related politics

I conclude that this isn't just a show with a predetermined outcome like the lead-up to the invasion of Iraq was, but a genuinely emergent situation. For whatever that's worth.

Let's hope. I'd like for this small fire to flame out.

Ben Shapiro is right one this tough, good military call of President Trump killing the guy, and now blow it . But even so I doubt that Iran is going to provoke the US even more, President Trump means serious business, they are not dealing with their islamic brother who was on the presidency.

yeah, Iran don't want none

But I am of the mind we need to take them out before they get nuclear weapon capabilities because they would be the dumb religious assholes to use it.

Fuck. My general rule is, if shapiro says something, do the opposite. Fuck.

Really? Even when he says "don't be racist"???

I just don't think it will ever be possible for the U.S. to hide a war it's about to wage.

fucking LOL when have we ever???? Please, what war has america ever been in that we were hiding the fact that we were going to go to war. Even the Blitzkrieg had some warning.

OK I got some intel from someone who is actually in Erbil. He said they are trying to locate exactly where the heck those missiles landed. Because they haven't noticed any damage to anything on the base YET. OK possibly some of them were duds. Because they didn't hear "dozens" of explosions.
The news is now saying Iran might have intentionally targeted the missiles to not hit the U.S. installation. Some missiles might not have had a warhead. That Iran does not want the U.S. to retaliate for its actions. (?) Well, the intent is what matters Iran. We don't know if you intended to hit the U.S. installations with real missiles or not. How stupid do you think Americans are? The U.S. will now unleash its bombs and missiles against you for this action. Ours are the real thing and they do hit their intended target.

True, but now is too late. Suleimani was a tremendous figure their. But at the same time, him dead opens a lot of space for the liberal counter regime to gain more power.

So perhaps this was ultimately good for a change in Iran politics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back