the joe rogan reaction to the islam vs volk....is legendary

I mean, you have one guy selling 400 dollar sandals, another who verges on plain retardation, an old man who believed Ronda would beat UFC Heavyweights and Eddie Bravo. Somehow Eddie “look into it” Bravo had the most measured take. If this is the crowd you turn to for insight……goodness me at least you are still breathing.

It is amazing because the Joe Rogan super fans follow what Joe says and now this will push for a rematch.

It was a great back and forth fight that could've gone the other way with a few adjustments.
Islam definitely took 3 rounds.

I sure as h-ll would tune in for the rematch, though.

They are drunk and high. Shaub slurring his words. Islam won the stand up and he got the take downs and at least some control and threatened for a choke twice. The only control Volk had was at the end of the 5th round and he was never close to a finish. You can't lost at your game and also lose at the game of the other man and expect to have won the fight.

Joe would have absolutely done the same thing had he been commentating. The fact that Islam wasn't steam rolling Volk for him was a sign that Volk is winning. He was more impressed with Volk scrambling after take down attempts than actual converted take downs from Islam.

What's that word for the opposite of objectivity? I can't think of it...oh right, Joe Rogan.

Anyone see Paddy's reaction? I tried to post the tik Tok but no dice.

Joe would have absolutely done the same thing had he been commentating. The fact that Islam wasn't steam rolling Volk for him was a sign that Volk is winning. He was more impressed with Volk scrambling after take down attempts than actual converted take downs from Islam.
This.

There is an underdog bias. Since volk exceeded expectations, people consider that to be "winning". When in reality, it was a competitive fight in which Makhachev won 3 rounds.

Damn you're right. Thank goodness he wasn't cageside at this event. Would've been a disaster worse than Jan/Ank.

Back