the joe rogan reaction to the islam vs volk....is legendary

Volk knew he blew it in the 4th. Lost the first two rounds by slight margins and then let the bigger man control him in one of the championship rounds.

That Rogan clip just shows how echo chambers work. If they watch the fight again on their own they'll realize it was no robbery.

Volk needs to act like he won it so he can push for a rematch, he probably knows he can win as long as he doesn't screw up like he did in the 4th round.

moving goalposts, what does it matter what volk thinks? He also thought he won the fight. At no point was islam close to winning the fight. His grappling was ineffective and he was being punched in the face.
Ineffective? That's why Volk resorted to the only thing he can do which is to punch behind his head, which of course is the thing they teach you first in an MMA class...:rolleyes: I'll give you a hint since you have probably never trained a day in your life - you have to take a risk and use your hands to break the body triangle. We would have to retroactively change the rules of MMA and take away rounds from Aljo, Kevin Lee, Cowboy, and Aldo, just to name a few on top of my head. It's crazy to even argue this point, whether on the street or on the mat 99.99% of athletes would want Islam's position over Volk. No one has ever knocked someone out from a strike behind their head, so taking the back and threatening chokes is much more dominant than shots thrown behind the head. You should try to petition for a rule change or watch another sport. Islam was winning the 4th prior to taking his back as well so I don't see how Volk could have won that round in any scenario.

If you've scored the fight the same way as Nate Diaz, Joe Rogan and Brendan Schaub... I think that should tell you if you're right or not lol
Lol, I'm sure they were sober watching the fights intently with no distractions.

Volkanovski believed that he lost the round. that’s why he was yelling. It was frustration because he couldn’t get out.
he tried to desperately punch backwards.

even his corner knows that control is winning a fight during the rounds.
‘Don’t let him control you.’

Volkanovski didn’t do anything in this fight.
He only had a good last 90 seconds.
Every time Volkanovski came in and out he got clipped. He even stopped doing that. He tried to swing with his head down out of frustration.
He got clipped so many times that he changed to swinging and head down to not get countered. It was pure frustration.
Even Volkanovski knew he had to finish Mackachev in the last round to win.

moving goalposts, what does it matter what volk thinks? He also thought he won the fight. At no point was islam close to winning the fight. His grappling was ineffective and he was being punched in the face.
I'll keep posting this till it sinks in, literally the majority of people don't agree with you.FCFC77DF-188A-4881-B75C-29EAD2C3A4D8.png

Ineffective? That's why Volk resorted to the only thing he can do which is to punch behind his head, which of course is the thing they teach you first in an MMA class...:rolleyes: I'll give you a hint since you have probably never trained a day in your life - you have to take a risk and use your hands to break the body triangle. We would have to retroactively change the rules of MMA and take away rounds from Aljo, Kevin Lee, Cowboy, and Aldo, just to name a few on top of my head. It's crazy to even argue this point, whether on the street or on the mat 99.99% of athletes would want Islam's position over Volk. No one has ever knocked someone out from a strike behind their head, so taking the back and threatening chokes is much more dominant than shots thrown behind the head. You should try to petition for a rule change or watch another sport. Islam was winning the 4th prior to taking his back as well so I don't see how Volk could have won that round in any scenario.
His grappling was so effective that he was being punched in the face

how does that work exactly?

It funny read those polarised opinions regarding rounds yet each side believes their point of view is the one and only - "literally and objectively"!

Would read again.

Cliffs? I'm not watching 7 minutes of Rogan! Much better things to do. And TS, who are these people saying they won't watch the UFC again? Tell them to fuck off, they're shit fans. Their loss, jog on, don't sound like fans of the sport when they cry and leave after a super close fight that was scored correctly. Sounds like a bunch of dicks to me.

Back