Nintendo The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild official thread

zelda-gif-pots.gif

Wasn't a fan of Skyword sword, nor the cel shaded look, I thought they would finally make a true zelda lord of the rings style look, but I guess some things never change. Probably be a great game but after playing all the previous titles, I'll have to skip this one.

Im stoked....im old and have too many kids and responsibilities. Too busy to game anymore. But, as my wife now knows, when a new Zelda comes out she best make time, be prepared..for I will stay home and play it..oh yes..play it till its complete. And this one looks like it maybe a huge evolution for the game.

Wasn't a fan of Skyword sword, nor the cel shaded look, I thought they would finally make a true zelda lord of the rings style look, but I guess some things never change. Probably be a great game but after playing all the previous titles, I'll have to skip this one.

Why people want a super realistic style look for Zelda astounds me. It would look terrible and not fit in with the series at all. I think Breath of the Wild has the perfect mixture of Wind Waker and Skyward Sword for graphics.

I remember how much people disapproved of the WW style at first. Then they played the game and realized how amazing it was.

Trailer looked good. Haven't seen the gameplay videos though. Only Zelda I have ever beat is WW so the style appeals to me.

Lovely avatar immortal. When does marie sit in game? I have only touched the mp and only slightly but love Splatoon.

The game looks absolutely beautiful. This is gonna be a day 1 buy for me!

Interesting concept was announced today though..you can go straight from the starting area and fight the final boss right away. So essentially, you can beat the game without experiencing any of the actual story. Now I'm really curious!

Why people want a super realistic style look for Zelda astounds me. It would look terrible and not fit in with the series at all. I think Breath of the Wild has the perfect mixture of Wind Waker and Skyward Sword for graphics.

I remember how much people disapproved of the WW style at first. Then they played the game and realized how amazing it was.

A realistic Zelda would be amazing and fit the world fine. At the time Ocarina had very good graphics and even some what scary areas. The best Zelda games were easily A Link to the Past and Ocarina. Neither pandered to little kids like they do now. And WW wasn't good. It was boring and IMO insulting to play. It was so stupidly easy. I'm not some dark souls like purist who demands to die constantly but ww was made for young children, not the fans. But I do think the art is fine. The problem Zelda has had is gameplay wise. Nintendo doesn't understand modern gameplay design.

That constantly teach you shit, taking you out of the game. They will put tutorials into the game right to the end. In Twilight princess they literally zoomed with the camera to each part of the puzzle and showed you how to solve it in order. I get that Japanese people think we are retarded but guess what Nintendo we won the war. We don't need you to hold our hands.

This new Zelda looks as stupidly easy and hand holding as the rest of the garbage Zelda's post majoras mask. But at least it appears open world and they are implementing new 5 year old gameplay elements Xbox and Sony games have had for years.

Im a little confused about the enemies in the new Zelda. As in why are they in the game? Do they provide food? They seem to provide literally zero challenge. In none of the demos I've watched have they come even close to damaging the player.

The environment and the weapons in this game do look amazing. They weapons look fun and environment has a lot of immersive features.

Last edited:
A realistic Zelda would be amazing and fit the world fine. At the time Ocarina had very good graphics and even some what scary areas. The best Zelda games were easily A Link to the Past and Ocarina. Neither pandered to little kids like they do now. And WW wasn't good. It was boring and IMO insulting to play. It was so stupidly easy. I'm not some dark souls like purist who demands to die constantly but ww was made for young children, not the fans. But I do think the art is fine. The problem Zelda has had is gameplay wise. Nintendo doesn't understand modern gameplay design.

That constantly teach you shit, taking you out of the game. They will put tutorials into the game right to the end. In Twilight princess they literally zoomed with the camera to each part of the puzzle and showed you how to solve it in order. I get that Japanese people think we are retarded but guess what Nintendo we won the war. We don't need you to hold our hands.

This new Zelda looks as stupidly easy and hand holding as the rest of the garbage Zelda's post majoras mask. But at least it appears open world and they are implementing new 5 year old gameplay elements Xbox and Sony games have had for years.

Im a little confused about the enemies in the new Zelda. As in why are they in the game? Do they provide food? They seem to provide literally zero challenge. In none of the demos I've watched have they come even close to damaging the player.

Really? WW wasn't good? Majority of Zelda fans would strongly disagree with you on that. It may not have been as hard as some of the older games, but it is on hero mode. Just because you personally don't like the game doesn't make it a bad game.

I don't know where you're basing the new game being easy off of, from what they showed the game doesn't hold your hand at all. You wake up and start exploring the world. That's pretty much it.

The game looks awesome ! Since I'm a Zelda fan, I think it's my responsibility to acquire that game.

Really? WW wasn't good? Majority of Zelda fans would strongly disagree with you on that. It may not have been as hard as some of the older games, but it is on hero mode. Just because you personally don't like the game doesn't make it a bad game.

I don't know where you're basing the new game being easy off of, from what they showed the game doesn't hold your hand at all. You wake up and start exploring the world. That's pretty much it.

With regards to some of the hand holding in WW being necessary since it was a new game with new mechanics and control scheme. Not to mention I don't remember AT ALL people complaining about the game being easy back in the day. Only that it's art style "didn't look right" and even THAT fell to the wayside damn near instantly once people got into it. Oddly TP was the one I didn't like as much in terms of art style since it was realistic, but the characters especially their faces looked off. Like it would've been nicer looking with a similar style as here or SS.

Edit: If there's one thing I DON'T like is how the Goddess Hylia seems to have supplanted the original Three Golden Goddesses Din, Nayru, and Farore in terms of story significance and/or appearances and I didn't like the whole, "Zelda is the reincarnated Goddess and Ganon is reincarnated Demise" angle very much either.

Last edited:
Taking the trailer from Nintendo's press conference and putting them in its own thread

HYPE!! Looks amazing, gives off a Wind Waker/Skyward Sword hybrid vibe with a lot more RPG elements. I cannot wait for a release date!

I like your AV. That is one of those funny little girls from Splatoon. :D

WW was better than TP, and yea they both got good ratings. But who actually likes those games? Skyrim sold in one week about what TP ever sold. Which is interesting because what else do Nintendo fans even have to buy other than Mario and Zelda? Even with zero competition it barely sells.

Its a garbage franchise driven into the ground. The evidence is that I don't know anyone who even plays it. Yet a generation played and loved the old ones. They were simply better.

In A Link to the Past you just wake up and Play. No help. In Ocarina it was similar except what was the most annoying thing in that game? Navi. It was like foreshadowing into Nintendo's annoying future. Tp was so obviously bad its not even worth debating. If you think that came had good fundamentals and gameplay I think you have bad taste. Ww was alright but way too easy.

I was watching more on this Zelda and it was hilariously bad. There was a skeleton on the map, so he goes over there. There were 3 enemies with 10 year old ai mechanics, slowed down 50% so a 5 year old could kill them with ease and that was it. Location cleared. Wow great gameplay, really makes me want to explore.

It's a rental at best just for the graphics and the environment.

Nintendo is so arrogant I think they purposely don't try. I think they feel they are above making a good game. So they don't even try. The combat is so terrible it hurts to watch. It's the same with Pokemon. They don't even try to update it. They are above it. They are such failures that when they fail people don't even recognize them failing.

Last edited:
Dude holy shit are you ignorant. You just assume everything is bad. For the record TONS and tons of people actually like Wind Waker and Twilight Princess.

A garbage franchise, even though it's one of the most popular and well received series of all time?

You constantly bitch about the not changing what made their franchises successful. You're just an anti Nintendo freak, which is fine, you can like or dislike whatever you want. Just stop trying to pass off your opinions as facts.

Sales and general lack of interest among the general populace aren't opinion. And you asked me to get into it.

How about tutorials 15 hours into to the game.
How about feeding a fish 5,000 times.
How about never dying, or really ever get hit.
Linear gameplay in tp.
The early dungeons are so easy in tp it's a complete chore to continue playing. It was un bearable.
Oh go collect light. Because that's fun. It's disgusting that Zelda stooped so low as to make you collect like that. That's like a spongebob squarepants game lol. But its link so lame ass reviewers eat it up.
Let's turn link into a wolf, gimmick.
The one time I got stuck in ww was paying hide and seek. I saw the kid, shot him, ran into him, nothing worked. Turned out I needed to roll into the tree and that shook him out. Wow that was stupid.
Hyrule town was poorly designed as was the field which was broken into ten different areas.

Other games are superior in every way but art and style. Japanese people are masters at that. Zelda games feel magical, with realistic graphics and without. That's one thing they do well. Which is why I said they do that well and nothing else.

WW was better than TP, and yea they both got good ratings. But who actually likes those games? Skyrim sold in one week about what TP ever sold. Which is interesting because what else do Nintendo fans even have to buy other than Mario and Zelda? Even with zero competition it barely sells.

Its a garbage franchise driven into the ground. The evidence is that I don't know anyone who even plays it. Yet a generation played and loved the old ones. They were simply better.

In A Link to the Past you just wake up and Play. No help. In Ocarina it was similar except what was the most annoying thing in that game? Navi. It was like foreshadowing into Nintendo's annoying future. Tp was so obviously bad its not even worth debating. If you think that came had good fundamentals and gameplay I think you have bad taste. Ww was alright but way too easy.

I was watching more on this Zelda and it was hilariously bad. There was a skeleton on the map, so he goes over there. There were 3 enemies with 10 year old ai mechanics, slowed down 50% so a 5 year old could kill them with ease and that was it. Location cleared. Wow great gameplay, really makes me want to explore.

It's a rental at best just for the graphics and the environment.

Nintendo is so arrogant I think they purposely don't try. I think they feel they are above making a good game. So they don't even try. The combat is so terrible it hurts to watch. It's the same with Pokemon. They don't even try to update it. They are above it. They are such failures that when they fail people don't even recognize them failing.

seh6p.gif

I LITERALLY have no other response for this terrible wall of text since it basically boils down to, "I didn't like therefore it's a bad game since my opinion is absolute and the only one that matters and it's never wrong" which we all know is ALWAYS bullshit. Also, with regards to the bolded, by that logic Resident Evil 6 >>>>>>> Dark Souls 1 since it sold more.

Well you wanted facts. I listed sales. Poor game mechanics and how nobody I know even plays the game.

Basically you're saying because it's impossible to actually define quality, whether it's music, games, food ect I can't make any argument against it. It's your opinion that it's good therefore it is.

This singlehandedly makes me want to buy an NX just to get the best possible experience. It could very well be the best Zelda game ever!

Well you wanted facts. I listed sales. Poor game mechanics and how nobody I know even plays the game.

Basically you're saying because it's impossible to actually define quality, whether it's music, games, food ect I can't make any argument against it. It's your opinion that it's good therefore it is.

You CAN define quality. It's just that you're damn near objectively wrong since mechanically the game was sound, the music was great, the graphics and art were excellent, and the gameplay was pretty much universally loved and the review criticism reflects this. Sales mean fuck all in terms of quality for the reason I listed. Just because something sells millions more than another doesn't make it better in any of the forms I mentioned earlier. Just better marketed. The mechanics being poor are LITERALLY just YOUR opinion since it's damn near(if not completely) universal that the mechanics work perfectly for this game.

This singlehandedly makes me want to buy an NX just to get the best possible experience. It could very well be the best Zelda game ever!

I'm probably gonna get it for both consoles. Why? Because Fuck Yeah, that's why.

Back