Movies THE MARVELS (Dragonlord's Review; Worst MCU Second-Weekend Drop with 78%)

If you have seen THE MARVELS, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
Did they show the Supreme Intelligence? And if so, how was it? It was Oscar Isaac wasn't it?
Yes, they showed the Supreme Intelligence very briefly. It's fairly accurate to the design from the comic books but it was altered in a way that it seemed like it was more inorganic. I liked it.

Credits scenes don't even deserve to be mentioned in the context of movie reviews.

Trailer absolutely sucked. looks like a series you could watch on the CW

Writers with agendas like that will not get these big gigs anymore.
Dream on. Thanks to ESG you still get huge financial benefits producing a movie when submitting to the woke agenda. This also pushed woke CEOs like Kennedy. In the end its about money and until they realize that despite the short term benefits crappy movies will ruin their company this will not stop and I dont expect them to realize that at all.

The masses are stupid and sadly you need to educate people. Always producing movies at the lowest common denominator (which is 95% of Hollywood theese days) plus agenda hiring will make people even more dumb and so studios can continue to make money with them. Once Hollywood was at the center of creative output and influenced society in creativity and visualizing important societal topics. These days are gone. You have suits and agenda people pushing for power in these companies much like big game companies. To reverse that I just dont see it.

Think about when was the last movie that really impressed you and made you explore something. I have movies from France, Iran, Turkey..etc for myself but Hollywood? Its just crap.

My estimation is that all this crap conditions people for AI written script and AI acted CGI. Its so mediocre to crap that AI wont make it worse and people are conditioned now to just consume cinema like an opioid. In 30 years I doubt there will be that much besides AI produced content.

How long until they either bring RDJ back or reboot the whole thing?

Not long, apparently:

https://www.polygon.com/entertainme...avengers-movie-resurrect-iron-man-black-widow

https://screenrant.com/iron-man-mcu-return-after-death-avengers-endgame/

https://collider.com/marvel-robert-downey-jr-iron-man-return/

https://www.cbr.com/robert-downey-jr-iron-man-return-rumor/

At this point, I still consider those just probes (to see how the fans/audience reacts). But you can never know. Especially after the phase 24 (or whichever number it's at now) underdelivers.
Thor 4, BP2, Ant Man, Marvels all backfired. TV series thing is doing no better. So they have to make a move.

Apart from the What if Season 2 (maybe Daredevil), there's literally nothing I look forward to in the MCU.

To me they ruined the impact of infinity war by using the time machine cop out. They should have just killed off who they wanted out then and then brought in new characters to help fight thanos in end game.

If that's the case they'd have to kill off a bunch of characters no one actually cares about and the final scene wouldn't be as impactful as it was.

superheroes movies fatigue has kicked in

"So let me break it down for you: “The Marvels” is basically the story of four women (the aforementioned Marvels and the film’s villain, an alien named Dar-Benn, played by Zawe Ashton) who are fighting over — wait for it — jewelry."

Hahaha... god I just knew this movie was going to deliver the lols.

That's the narrative, and probably some truth to it, but the fact the quality and star power has fallen, is a bigger factor.

The Spiderman film did $2billion.......

Agreed, it's just a narrative to save face. It's funny that all these flops have been panned both critically and by the fans.

It's not "superhero movie fatigue" it's "shithouse movie fatigue".

They simply stopped making entertaining, well made movies.

Dream on. Thanks to ESG you still get huge financial benefits producing a movie when submitting to the woke agenda. This also pushed woke CEOs like Kennedy. In the end its about money and until they realize that despite the short term benefits crappy movies will ruin their company this will not stop and I dont expect them to realize that at all.

The masses are stupid and sadly you need to educate people. Always producing movies at the lowest common denominator (which is 95% of Hollywood theese days) plus agenda hiring will make people even more dumb and so studios can continue to make money with them. Once Hollywood was at the center of creative output and influenced society in creativity and visualizing important societal topics. These days are gone. You have suits and agenda people pushing for power in these companies much like big game companies. To reverse that I just dont see it.

Think about when was the last movie that really impressed you and made you explore something. I have movies from France, Iran, Turkey..etc for myself but Hollywood? Its just crap.

My estimation is that all this crap conditions people for AI written script and AI acted CGI. Its so mediocre to crap that AI wont make it worse and people are conditioned now to just consume cinema like an opioid. In 30 years I doubt there will be that much besides AI produced content.
The financial aspect is the key. Companies exist to make money. A company like Disney has lost enough that changes MUST be made. Making Snow White Hispanic with black lesbian full sized dwarves isn't the way. Making The Little Mermaid Black, just because, yeah it cost itself hundreds of millions. Putting so much Gay forward stuff reeks as agenda driven instead of diversity. For diversity it should match the population. Its become paint by numbers---add a gay character, add xyz....instead of quality writing. People stop consuming, money gets lost.

Not long, apparently:

https://www.polygon.com/entertainme...avengers-movie-resurrect-iron-man-black-widow

https://screenrant.com/iron-man-mcu-return-after-death-avengers-endgame/

https://collider.com/marvel-robert-downey-jr-iron-man-return/

https://www.cbr.com/robert-downey-jr-iron-man-return-rumor/

At this point, I still consider those just probes (to see how the fans/audience reacts). But you can never know. Especially after the phase 24 (or whichever number it's at now) underdelivers.
Thor 4, BP2, Ant Man, Marvels all backfired. TV series thing is doing no better. So they have to make a move.

Apart from the What if Season 2 (maybe Daredevil), there's literally nothing I look forward to in the MCU.

Bringing back RDJ, Evans, or anyone else that’s “done” in a “full time” capacity will be the death of the MCU.

Recast the characters they portrayed via “multiverse shenanigans”.

It’s basically admitting they are creatively bankrupt bringing back actors that have moved on.

Bringing back RDJ, Evans, or anyone else that’s “done” in a “full time” capacity will be the death of the MCU.

Recast the characters they portrayed via “multiverse shenanigans”.

It’s basically admitting they are creatively bankrupt bringing back actors that have moved on.

I'd only be interested if they brought back Evans as Hydra Cap and did the Secret Empire arc. And I doubt they'd have the balls to do that. Especially with what's happening in the world right now. The writers of SE were getting death threats, and that was back in 2016.

The financial aspect is the key. Companies exist to make money. A company like Disney has lost enough that changes MUST be made. Making Snow White Hispanic with black lesbian full sized dwarves isn't the way. Making The Little Mermaid Black, just because, yeah it cost itself hundreds of millions. Putting so much Gay forward stuff reeks as agenda driven instead of diversity. For diversity it should match the population. Its become paint by numbers---add a gay character, add xyz....instead of quality writing. People stop consuming, money gets lost.
But Kennedy is still at the top despite her tanking Disney for years. That's the problem I also don't get. Just know that ESG is a huge motivation to go in that direction

And still for years Kennedy is still at the top. Dont underestimate the credit benefits of ESG and dont underestimate the ideology straight out of marxism/Leninism they push. Its a concept of forced power grab and holding on to that power as long as possible destroying everyone who might have a different opinion. Thats why it will be a monumental near impossible task to change Disney back. I dont think it will happen.

When Mass Effect 4 was developed the woke people cancelled near everyone at Bioware even just moderate and had hate propagandists like Manver Heir in leading roles. Thats how far it has gone now. Its a very strange partnership of ultra capitalsm and radical leftist hateful propaganda.

Anyone else seen ZERO ads, promos, anything for this kovie for the past 2 years and all of a sudden gotten like 25 YouTube / Hulu ads for it? All on tje past week? They put ZERO effort into promoting this movie them did this half assed crapfest ad campaign at the last second. I dont understand how these peiple have jobs

Back