The metal thread \m/

New Limbonic Art. For me, it is disappointing, not even close to old Limbonic Art:

I loved Moon in Scorpio and In abhorrence dementia. For a while these guys were my fav symphonic black metal band, but I was super let down when they released Ad noctum and stopped keeping up with everything after that album. You're right it is in no way close to their best, but I honestly think it's better than the awful drum machine clusterfuck in Ad Noctum!

New Entheos and Knocked Loose dropped i didn't like either. KL's vocals are pretty bad.

One of Rex Brown's side projects. Love this band.

funny i just relistened to Damage Plan 'New Found Power' after many years and it's alright not their best work. imho but still some good stuff on there. Then i listened to Superjoint Ritual 'Use once and Destroy" i have that one and hadn't heard it in years either it was pretty good too lots of good riffs a little more aggressive than DP. imho KDH wasn't for me the times i have heard it.

funny i just relistened to Damage Plan 'New Found Power' after many years and it's alright not their best work. imho but still some good stuff on there. Then i listened to Superjoint Ritual 'Use once and Destroy" i have that one and hadn't heard it in years either it was pretty good too lots of good riffs a little more aggressive than DP. imho KDH wasn't for me the times i have heard it.

"Save Me" and "Pride" are great songs from that album. I also like some songs from Hellyeah.

I was never a fan of Superjoint Ritual. Down is the only side project of Phil's that I like.

"Save Me" and "Pride" are great songs from that album. I also like some songs from Hellyeah.

I was never a fan of Superjoint Ritual. Down is the only side project of Phil's that I like.
Reborn was another good track but the album has some filler tracks for sure. It was fun going back and listening to it i might even spin it again with the tracks you mentioned in mind. All i do at work is listen to music while i work. Superjoint has a very loose garage band type sound so understandable there. Hell Yeah to me is just pure cringe they really didn't know what sound they were going for Vinny even mentioned something to that affect. Maybe I'll give KDH a shot i only heard a few tunes.

Last edited:
More likes for the OP we all be lackin in here.

I gotta admit, I'm not the hugest fan of Death Metal. I'm more of a Thrash guy. I just don't like getting beat over the head with blast beats and cartoony vocals, but like all genre's not everything is the same, and I've become a huge fan of Necrot. Maybe it's the Bay Area bias kicking in, but they just check all the boxes for me. So fuckin' heavy, killer riffs, and their tone is amazing. I also love a 3-piece band. The bass has to make up for the lack of a second guitar so it becomes more unique.

They are dropping a new album next week. I'm going to catch the first show of their headlining tour promoting it in Berkeley at Cornerstone. Last time I was at that venue for Havok/Toxic Holocaust it was the craziest crowd I've seen to date. Just non stop stage diving. So pumped to see Necrot destroy that crowd.

20 buck spin on a roll this year:

Can't wait for these guys new album:

I gotta admit, I'm not the hugest fan of Death Metal. I'm more of a Thrash guy. I just don't like getting beat over the head with blast beats and cartoony vocals, but like all genre's not everything is the same, and I've become a huge fan of Necrot. Maybe it's the Bay Area bias kicking in, but they just check all the boxes for me. So fuckin' heavy, killer riffs, and their tone is amazing. I also love a 3-piece band. The bass has to make up for the lack of a second guitar so it becomes more unique.

They are dropping a new album next week. I'm going to catch the first show of their headlining tour promoting it in Berkeley at Cornerstone. Last time I was at that venue for Havok/Toxic Holocaust it was the craziest crowd I've seen to date. Just non stop stage diving. So pumped to see Necrot destroy that crowd.

This sounds really good and like it could be a part of the NWOOSDM (new wave of old school death metal) along with bands like Baest, Tomb Mold, Gatecreeper, Skeletal remains. Old School death metal is the only death metal imho i am not a fan of tech death at all it's got no groove. You would probably like Baest they have some thrashy/Slayer esque moments in their sound.

This sounds really good and like it could be a part of the NWOOSDM (new wave of old school death metal) along with bands like Baest, Tomb Mold, Gatecreeper, Skeletal remains. Old School death metal is the only death metal imho i am not a fan of tech death at all it's got no groove. You would probably like Baest they have some thrashy/Slayer esque moments in their sound.
Yeah man I gotta have groove.

I caught Skeletal Remains last year opening for Vio-Lence. They were pretty solid. I'll check out those other bands.

Yeah man I gotta have groove.

I caught Skeletal Remains last year opening for Vio-Lence. They were pretty solid. I'll check out those other bands.
Funny i mention i don't like Tech Death but this pops up and the grooves they mix in are so fucking heavy. This song is pretty badass...a well put together song good mix of styles spread out nicely. it's the drums that keep going tech death which is so weird, the dude may be overqualified for this position. ha ha It's like Brann Dailor from Mastodon just going crazy all the time but he said he had top learn to lay off a bit and just play for the song.

edit: I'm dumb i didn't post the vid.

Last edited:
Banger

edit: Lyrics

Body split in two, trembling hands
Touch what is left on me
Try to force back, guts where they belong
Bleed profusely, writhe in agony
Every heartbeat, an eternity
I don't want to die
But this has to end
Sirensong of death, Life fade away