Nintendo The METROIDVANIA Thread

If you guys haven't played the Gameboy Advance Castlevania games get on that shit, they are awesome. You can emulate them and play them on your TV, theirs also some good hacked versions that fix some of the colors they chose for the GBA since it wasn't a backlit screen.

Reactions: HHJ
Posted this in the PlayStation thread. Really looking forward to this one.

I disagree, and believe Super Metroid is actually the greatest of all games. And, really, I believe it is Punch-Out. But I like this thread, I love these kinds of games. I've played Super Metroid five times in the last two years, and Metroid Dread two or three. I hope they don't drag their feet on making a sequel to Dread, it was a gorgeous game.

I saw a trailer a while back for this, the release date took me for surprise. This is coming out December 14th. Not sure if it will be any good but it looks a bit interesting.

I disagree, and believe Super Metroid is actually the greatest of all games. And, really, I believe it is Punch-Out. But I like this thread, I love these kinds of games. I've played Super Metroid five times in the last two years, and Metroid Dread two or three. I hope they don't drag their feet on making a sequel to Dread, it was a gorgeous game.
More Metroid > Less Metroid

If you guys haven't played the Gameboy Advance Castlevania games get on that shit, they are awesome. You can emulate them and play them on your TV, theirs also some good hacked versions that fix some of the colors they chose for the GBA since it wasn't a backlit screen.
I really wish theyd give them all the HD treatment. Some of that shit is hard on the eyes nowadays.

More Metroid > Less Metroid
They should release Metroid games like the Apex hosts fight cards, imo. But only if the quality doesn't suffer, unlike the Apex cards.

Reactions: HHJ
They should release Metroid games like the Apex hosts fight cards, imo. But only if the quality doesn't suffer, unlike the Apex cards.
Give em Dead Cell level graphics and im fuckin GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD

(I actually havent played Dread yet)

Give em Dead Cell level graphics and im fuckin GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD

(I actually havent played Dread yet)
betterwtf.jpg

Bud, play that game. To me it is every bit as good as Super Metroid, almost like a reimagining of that game, with scarier mini bosses. If you're cool with @Mr Holmes, he has a copy he might let you borrow (not facetious).

I sold mine on ebay. Great game though, maybe I should have kept it.
I'm sure there will be opportunities to grab it again, and probably at a premium. If you happened upon it at Game Stop used for like $15, that's a huge score.

I def have the means to grab it ASAP,and I will.
I assure you, the only disappointment you'll have while playing that game is the fact that you'll have to replay the android chases repeatedly. Those motherfuckers are tough, and they will kill the shit out of you. I never got the timing down on countering them, though, so I can only be disappointed in myself.

I assure you, the only disappointment you'll have while playing that game is the fact that you'll have to replay the android chases repeatedly. Those motherfuckers are tough, and they will kill the shit out of you. I never got the timing down on countering them, though, so I can only be disappointed in myself.
I didn't even find out you can counter them until after I beat the game <Prem972>

I didn't even find out you can counter them until after I beat the game <Prem972>
Holy fuck lmao. To play that game without ANY counters on the androids...I'd wager that those stages took you a few tries lol. I knew about it and it still took me dozens of tries, for each one. Could just never really time it lol. I think I hit it two or three times

So what is the consensus 'Best Modern Castlevania' game?

Back