The Mist - New adaptation on Spike (UPDATE: Show is canceled)

Not feeling the fact that they seemed to have deviated from what was the cause of the movie version of the mist, as well as its effects. But idk, might check it out anyway.

Movie ending is one of the goat endings.

I love the ending of the movie. Even knowing what happens and hearing Tom Janes scream after the fact still gets me

Hah have no interest in the show really but I was born in Waco. Lived there till I was about 7-8. I remember driving over to this cliff/mountain where you could see the whole incident. My dad stopped and wanted to see what was going on.

It's a crazy fucking story. I've watched a few documentaries on it. The government fucked up big time.

Waco + Ruby Ridge was a real one-two punch for anti-governmentalists in the early 90s.

Spike has the absolute longest commercial breaks of any network I refuse to watch that channel. Their breaks are always 5-6 minutes long, fuck that.

If there's any author where the books and films should be looked at separately, it's Stephen King. He has had good books utterly trashed in film form, and even had only pretty good books made into great films.

I think part of it is there's a lot of "essential story" in a lot of Steven Kings books, too much to fit into a 90-120 minute film, and too important to be cut out. A lot of his books work better as a mini series than they would do as a film, The Stand for example, it was a good mini series, but would be terrible as a film.

I think part of it is there's a lot of "essential story" in a lot of Steven Kings books, too much to fit into a 90-120 minute film, and too important to be cut out. A lot of his books work better as a mini series than they would do as a film, The Stand for example, it was a good mini series, but would be terrible as a film.

That's often the case, but sometime even he makes mistakes. They stuff they cut out of the novel to make Misery into a movie resulted in improvements across the board.

That's often the case, but sometime even he makes mistakes. They stuff they cut out of the novel to make Misery into a movie resulted in improvements across the board.

I know one of the cases that they should have left alone was Cujo. There was just too much going on with that book that they could not realistically make a film without completely changing the intention of the story.

I never read Misery, but it was a good film. It did seem like the kind of story that would have been a better novella than full novel.

This looks great can't wait to see this. I really liked the movie. Ending is easily one of the most fucked up endings in a movie ever.
Totally agree. It was like, wtf! Came completely out of nowhere.

I always wondered is the mist todash space that Roland talked about in the Dark Tower books.

Y'all are making me feel like I need to see this movie.

Personally I hated the movie and thought the ending was shit. Didnt shock me just made me roll my eyes and shake my head in disbelief at how silly it all was.

Didn't read the story.

Absolutely LOVED the movie.

Skeptical but hopeful for the series.

Trailers looked decent enough. I'll wait a few weeks and let some episodes build up to binge on demand, before I dive in.

They sure didn't waste any time getting to the token dog death.

Yeeeah I'm getting serious Under the Dome vibes while watching this. Probably not going back to it next week.

I haven't watched it yet. You did not enjoy it?

Not in the least. It's one thing that the effects are bad-- the movie version had sketchy CG even by 2007 standards-- but the melodrama and bad acting are reminiscent of some of the more subpar Stephen King adaptations. I'm probably being a little too harsh for just one episode, but there's so many other objectively better shows on TV right now that you could be putting time into watching. That, and the movie version is already about as good an adaptation as one could hope for.

Not in the least. It's one thing that the effects are bad-- the movie version had sketchy CG even by 2007 standards-- but the melodrama and bad acting are reminiscent of some of the more subpar Stephen King adaptations. I'm probably being a little too harsh for just one episode, but there's so many other objectively better shows on TV right now that you could be putting time into watching. That, and the movie version is already about as good an adaptation as one could hope for.

I'd be curious to hear about these objectively better shows. It seems that everything I've watched lately has been unimpressive.

Back