The narrative that Gaethje v Holloway is a pointless fight is incredibly dumb

Not confirmed yet no but Islam is the likely headliner for UFC 302 in June. Who do you think he's fighting?
Likely? Based on what? There's been no news of any kind. You have sherdog brain, you've discussed the concept of Islam v Dustin so much on here that you've started to think it's real.

You couldn't even get your first claim right. Where's your source that Dustin is fighting? You literally fell for fake news. Dustin just did a podcast where he said he hadn't heard from the UFC

Dustin was being coy and basically saying "No, it isn't confirmed." He wasn't going to undercut the UFC & try to prematurely make an announcement on a date like Conor tried to do.

I do think Dustin has had conversations about the fight with the UFC though. I imagine the winners of this weekend's two contender fights will get the first offer if they're willing to turn around for June which they likely aren't. If they turn it down, it's Dustin's to take.

Dustin was being coy and basically saying "No, it isn't confirmed." He wasn't going to undercut the UFC & try to prematurely make an announcement on a date like Conor tried to do.

{<huh}

He got you to believe the fight was happening by posting Islam is next on social media.

It's fake news. I called it out from day one and I will continue to do so. Dustin isn't fighting for a title next. The sooner you accept reality the sooner we can get back to discussing real fights that are happening.

Likely? Based on what? There's been no news of any kind. You have sherdog brain, you've discussed the concept of Islam v Dustin so much on here that you've started to think it's real.

Islam is starting a camp up and he's fighting somebody. You think he's just bullshitting around? If the champ wants to fight he's getting a fight. Just like Izzy committed to fighting at UFC 293 & Strickland got his opportunity even though he didn't deserve it. Might be the same scenario here if the Oliveira/Tsarukyan & Gaethje/Holloway winners turn down a fight in June.

I mean it's pretty pointless in regards to rankings, but it's a fun fight. The card is much stronger with this fight.

You couldn't even get your first claim right. Where's your source that Dustin is fighting? You literally fell for fake news. Dustin just did a podcast where he said he hadn't heard from the UFC

Are you boosted? Get your fake news shit out of here. Address everything or admit, you know jack shit, and this is a fight to induce morons to a new level of stupor and ESPN+ subscriptions. This is a pointless match up and benefits neither fighter in their own respective divisions.

{<huh}

He got you to believe the fight was happening by posting Islam is next on social media.

It's fake news. I called it out from day one and I will continue to do so. Dustin isn't fighting for a title next. The sooner you accept reality the sooner we can get back to discussing real fights that are happening.

Like I said we've already had a recent precedent of Adesnya committing to 293 & Strickland getting an undeserved title shot. Why is it so hard to believe Poirier *might* get the shot if this weekend's winners turn it down?

Islam is starting a camp up and he's fighting somebody. You think he's just bullshitting around? If the champ wants to fight he's getting a fight. Just like Izzy committed to fighting at UFC 293 & Strickland got his opportunity even though he didn't deserve it. Might be the same scenario here if the Oliveira/Tsarukyan & Gaethje/Holloway winners turn down a fight in June.

hey man, it's not true because H0mEr SiMpSon SaId Soooooooo

I mean it's pretty pointless in regards to rankings, but it's a fun fight. The card is much stronger with this fight.
this is what it is. is it pointless? yes. is it fun? yes. does it have merit? no. does it do anything to help anyone in their divisions? no. does it give them potential PPV points and more money? yes. does it sell more PPVs and subs? yes. therefore, it exists. but to delude oneself into believing it is not pointless is the absolute worst take you can have.

If it makes dollars -- it makes sense.

Missed opportunities for these fighters Weight Divisions? Yes.

Entertaining? Yes.

<36>

Islam sparring someone doesn't mean he is in camp. Or you do think all the other guys sparring are also in camp?

Are you boosted? Get your fake news shit out of here. Address everything or admit, you know jack shit, and this is a fight to induce morons to a new level of stupor and ESPN+ subscriptions. This is a pointless match up and benefits neither fighter in their own respective divisions.

{<jordan}

2020 calling. Lol at this clown getting angry that he fell for fake news.

{<jordan}

2020 calling. Lol at this clown getting angry that he fell for fake news.
SICK BURN, NOT.

look at the boosted clown, telling others they fell for fake news, while never addressing points on why this fight is incredibly stupid and does nothing for their respective divisions. IGNORE ALL OTHER POINTS. JUST CLAIM FAKE NEWS AND POST EVEN OLDER MICHAEL JORDAN GIF.

total fucking clown.

<36>

Islam sparring someone doesn't mean he is in camp. Or you do think all the other guys sparring are also in camp?

We're within days or weeks of the UFC 302 main event getting announced, you're gonna have a bit of egg on your face if Islam is headlining lol. Time will tell! :p

SICK BURN, NOT.

look at the boosted clown, telling others they fell for fake news, while never addressing points on why this fight is incredibly stupid and does nothing for their respective divisions. IGNORE ALL OTHER POINTS. JUST CLAIM FAKE NEWS AND POST EVEN OLDER MICHAEL JORDAN GIF.

total fucking clown.
Lol at typing in all caps. Take that crap to the war room kid. This is about you falling for fake news and spreading it.

Lol at typing in all caps. Take that crap to the war room kid. This is about you falling for fake news and spreading it.
Oh No!!!! NoT tEh HECKIN CAPS!!!!!!

take your holier than thou attitude and shove it up your ass. remove your head first. you have addressed nothing besides exclaim fake news and then post old ass jordan gifs like a SUPER DUPER SICK BURN DUDDDDDEEEE.

No this pointless thread you made, is about a pointless match up.

Sure, this is not a sport, but entertainment as well. We all get it. But this crap only flies because the majority is ok with it. Now, I don’t want to be a prick here, but when actual fans who spent years on Sherdog start accepting these things, it just rubs me the wrong way. Max vs Gaethje might be fun and we will all tune in, but it is a pointless match that pits two elite fighters from different divisions against each other in a fight for a made-up belt. It is garbage for entertainment purposes to attract casuals based on name value. They even got Justin and Max telling people that this stupid BMF belt means something. Custom shorts as well, woo hoo.

Sure, this is not a sport, but entertainment as well. We all get it. But this crap only flies because the majority is ok with it. Now, I don’t want to be a prick here, but when actual fans who spent years on Sherdog start accepting these things, it just rubs me the wrong way. Max vs Gaethje might be fun and we will all tune in, but it is a pointless match that pits two elite fighters from different divisions against each other in a fight for a made-up belt. It is garbage for entertainment purposes to attract casuals based on name value. They even got Justin and Max telling people that this stupid BMF belt means something. Custom shorts as well, woo hoo.
100%. we are witnessing new fans, total casuals interject meaning into pointless nondivisional, non-title, but some how belt holding match ups. the WWE era is here and the uneducated believe every second of it. all for the sake of ESPN + subscriptions, their new gods.

The made-up belt is absolutely ridiculous but I don't mind the matchup itself that much.

Back