The Official Extreme Metal Thread

Gorguts influence is strong here, but rather than breaking down into mindless techwank, they manage to keep things impressively interesting and sensible. Also features Steve Tucker on guitars and vocals.

Question for others in the thread

Do you have a Favorite melodic death metal band if so who is it?

For me it is between Hammer Horde or My Last Suicide.....though I'd probably
lean towards Hammer Horde they are imo one of if not then best metal bands from the states right now
I can't get enough of them and once spoke with their former Vocalist Tom.

Question for others in the thread

Do you have a Favorite melodic death metal band if so who is it?

For me it is between Hammer Horde or My Last Suicide.....though I'd probably
lean towards Hammer Horde they are imo one of if not then best metal bands from the states right now
I can't get enough of them and once spoke with their former Vocalist Tom.

Used to be a huge fan of Melodeath when I was a teenager. I think back then it was At The Gates.

I'd consider Wintersun t be sort of Melodic Death Metal, but with Symphonic influences among other things.

I'll go with them.

Thanks! I'll check them out.

The only death metal that I really ever dug was SFU, Skeletonwitch, Goatwhore and Behemoth.

I wouldn't categorize Skeletonwitch and Goatwhore as DM, more on the thrash side of things. Behemoth maybe/kinda/sorta.

I remember being on a house boat trip for a bachelor party years ago, and it was most jocks and people who I don't much car for. Anyways, some of the guys were into Metallica, so every once in awhile the dance music shite was broken up when they put it on. The next day this dude was yelling and screaming about someone playing death metal the night before, and he was going to freak out and kick some ass if "anyone plays any death metal today!!!". Much lulz, so angry.

I wouldn't categorize Skeletonwitch and Goatwhore as DM, more on the thrash side of things. Behemoth maybe/kinda/sorta.

I remember being on a house boat trip for a bachelor party years ago, and it was most jocks and people who I don't much car for. Anyways, some of the guys were into Metallica, so every once in awhile the dance music shite was broken up when they put it on. The next day this dude was yelling and screaming about someone playing death metal the night before, and he was going to freak out and kick some ass if "anyone plays any death metal today!!!". Much lulz, so angry.
Lol, funny story.

Yeah, I'd consider Skeltonwitch almost more... blackened thrash/speed metal.

fbf146d521509678306fd828b82b6f8458c28c5f92c013b11c4705762635be24.jpg

New Deathspell Omega is coming.

Yeah, that's it. The release date isn't for another week, but the whole thing is streaming through the link I shared.

I'm liking it. Definitely a step up from Paracletus IMO.

Speaking of Deathspell Omega, Ulcerate dropped a new album:

New album from Spanish Black/Death Metallers Noctem

https://cultesdesghoules.bandcamp.com

IMO, the best black metal band going is releasing a double disc/3LP concept album soon. All their previous releases are classics. The released track so far is incredible but not for those with short attention spans.

This is a small local band from where I'm from. They have a nice heavy metal / noise rock thing going on..

Now I put this on here I'm not sure if it's heavy enough!Never thought I'd hear myself say Soulfly isn't heavy enough.Ah well here it is none the less!

Back