The Official Extreme Metal Thread

It's 2016, and you're wasting your pocket money over and over on depressed kids music and inferior clones impersonating bands from the early 90s.

Its 2016 time to stop the "I'm so TRVE and KVLT i only listen to bands from 1995" schtick.

You are only embarrassing yourself looking like a try hard poser.

Show me a band from the 90s that sounds like Black Witchery , Morbosidad, Zygoatsis, Endless Dismal Moan , Surrender of Divinity

I could go on forever but you get the point.

I'll be waiting.
What i've heard of Black Witchery sounds identical to Blasphemy on Fallen Angel Of Doom. They're not bad, though.

The only other band you mentioned that i've heard of is Endless Dismal Moan, which you were kind enough to post here. That was pretty embarrassing to listen to. The gold standard of DSBM.

Its 2016 time to stop the "I'm so TRVE and KVLT i only listen to bands from 1995" schtick.

You are only embarrassing yourself looking like a try hard poser.
Last i checked, i wasn't the one who spends all their time here drawing attention to the fact that they listen to teenage angst in music format, and pretending to be some grim black metaller.

You're the epitome of the word poser.

What i've heard of Black Witchery sounds identical to Blasphemy on Fallen Angel Of Doom. They're not bad, though.

The only other band you mentioned that i've heard of is Endless Dismal Moan, which you were kind enough to post here. That was pretty embarrassing to listen to. The gold standard of DSBM.

Last i checked, i wasn't the one who spends all their time here drawing attention to the fact that they listen to teenage angst in music format, and pretending to be some grim black metaller.

You're the epitome of the word poser.

So my point is proven then?

You can't point to 90s bands that EDM or Zygoatsis sounds Like. I'll give you the Blasphemy one though since they pioneered that sound.

I just find it funny that someone who's never heard of certain bands throwing around the word poser.

A poser to me is someone who pretends they are a fan or part of something. If you are really a die hard Black Metal fan like you think you are you wouldn't just listen to bands from 1995.

You can throw around your opinion and call other people a poser and say whatever you want

But your opinion doesn't really hold any weight with me.

You are the equivalent of a Green Day fan calling themselves "punk rock"

So my point is proven then?
No?

You can't point to 90s bands that EDM or Zygoatsis sounds Like. I'll give you the Blasphemy one though since they pioneered that sound.
EDM would be the depressed kids music i.e. DSBM i.e. shit, which is the first criticism i made(being shit). Black Witchery copied Blasphemy, which is the second criticism i made(clones). Zygoatsis i've not heard.

I just find it funny that someone who's never heard of certain bands throwing around the word poser.
I don't need to have heard of every depressed kiddy band to call you what you are. Others have correctly identified you as such, and they don't even listen to Black Metal.

A poser to me is someone who pretends they are a fan or part of something. If you are really a die hard Black Metal fan like you think you are you wouldn't just listen to bands from 1995.
And you pretend to be an edgy, grim black metaller, which even by your own definition makes you a poser. As for me, i listen to all sorts, from many eras. Hardly limited.

You can throw around your opinion and call other people a poser and say whatever you want

But your opinion doesn't really hold any weight with me
Up yours as well.

I don't agree with @Hatestorm's attitude, he seems like an elitist and like he thinks Black Metal should just die and let the 90's Black Metal be all we have.

Will there be copycats and shit music released? Ofcourse, but that doesn't mean there won't ever be any good new/current Black Metal, look at Akhlys, they fucking slay, some of the best Black Metal I've ever heard.

It's not a metal thread unless people are arguing about stupid bullshit imo.

(Though you really should be listening to a hi quality source, not a youtube video)

Back