The Official LOW-CARB Recipe Thread:

Definitely trying this. And putting cream cheese on it.

Edit: This came out, really, really good.

Cool. Glad it worked for you.

There's another one I made the other day too. Pretty much same ingrediants but replace the salt with sweetener to taste and cinnemon. Put the ingediants into a coffee mug and throw it in the microwave for about a minute and a half and it rises up like a muffin. I accidently overcooked and then I ran out of sweetener so I havn't been able to give it another go yet.

Cool. Glad it worked for you.

There's another one I made the other day too. Pretty much same ingrediants but replace the salt with sweetener to taste and cinnemon. Put the ingediants into a coffee mug and throw it in the microwave for about a minute and a half and it rises up like a muffin. I accidently overcooked and then I ran out of sweetener so I havn't been able to give it another go yet.

Gotta say, you've got some interesting ideas when it comes to the muffins and that.

And yeah, I've used stevia and splenda in it so far. But I wanted to mention that I actually used a plastic container, a tupperware, and it came out the perfect size to slice it for sandwich use. This made me very pleased, as I haven't had a sandwich in ages.

I'll have to try the tupperware container idea. Should defintely get a more even loaf. I know what you mean it's so good to have a sandwich again. lol
It's so quick and easy using the microwave as well.

Ok, not exactly a recipe but hot chocolates are pretty awesome.

Heaped teaspoon of unsweetened cocoa
Teaspoon of stevia
75% boiling water and 25% cream stirred in and topped with nutmeg or cinnemon.

(not) Cream of Wheat

The texture and taste are remarkably like cream of wheat and even its easier to make.

Spoon some ricotta cheese in a bowl.
Add a splash of milk or cream.
Dash of cinnamon
Dash of salt
Microwave for 1 min
Stir (a fair amount of stirring is required to smooth out the lumps) and add sweetener to taste.

I just remembered to look this up:

Hollaindaise Sauce
How many calories are in Hollandaise sauce

I see lots of eggs benedict with flax seed bread in my future.

And Bearnaise Sauce is rather similar to Hollandaise, with a few spices, onion, and table wine added:

How many calories are in Bernaise sauce

These are the calories per 1 cup, so I'd consider them low carb.

You can find the recipes here:
Blender Hollandaise Sauce Recipe - Allrecipes.com
Bearnaise Sauce Recipe - Allrecipes.com

Something to break up the monotony of meat, greens, cheese.

Low carb and low fat Lasagne
Ingredients
1 egg plant
300grams lean chicken mince
1 onion
200grams lite cottage cheese
2 egg whites
Basil
Rosemary
Salt
Pepper
Can of tomatos

Directions
Take your eggplant and cut off the ends and then peel it. Next, cut it into very thin strips approximately .3-.5mm, (to do this I used a cheese slicer, saved lots of time).
Grab an oven safe dish and layer the bottom with the sliced egg plant.
Brown your chicken mince and onions in a pan (of course you could use minced beef if you are a keto guy) and add your salt, pepper plus any seasonings you want.
Add approximately 1/3 of the canned tomatos into the chicken mince.
Place the chicken and onion ontop of the layer off eggplant, spread evenly throughout the bowl.
Add another layer of eggplant ontop of the chicken.
Add the remainder of your canned tomatoes ontop of the second layer of egg plant.
Next, get your lite cottage cheese, egg whites and mix them together. (Keto guys can use proper cheese and full eggs).
Place your mixture ontop of the canned tomatos and cover with tin foil and cook for approx 20 minutes.
Enjoy :D

Peanut butter cookies

1 cup peanut butter
2 eggs
1/2 cup baking Splenda

Mix all ingredients together until well blended.

Drop by tablespoonfuls onto baking silicone or parchment.

Dip a fork in granulated splenda, and press crosswise into the top of each cookie mound.

Bake for 10 mins at 350 degrees.

Makes 15 cookies
3.33g net carbs per cookie

Big Mac in a bowl

Brown a pound ground beef, add salt and pepper.
In a bowl add onion, cheese, pickles, salad and low-carb thousand island-dressing.
Enjoy!

Thousands Island dressing

1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoons sugar free sweet pickle relish
2 tablespoons low carb ketchup
1 teaspoon horseradish
1 teaspoon mustard

Just sharing a recipe for a delicious and nutritious snack.

No Yolk Hummus Filled Deviled Eggs

Prep Time: 5 mins
Total Time: 20 mins
Serves: 6, Yield: 12 halves

"This is a delicious and lower fat/calorie alternative to traditional deviled eggs. Instead of filling the whites with yolks and mayo, these easy to prepare eggs are stuffed with hummus! Experiment with different flavoured hummus -- there are many commercial variaties available at most grocery stores, from garlic to roasted red pepper. Perfect as a quick, protein rich and healthful snack, or as a unique hors d'oeuvre. Kids love these too!"

Ingredients
6 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and cut lengthwise
3/4 cup hummus, any flavour parsley paprika slivered almonds red pepper flakes

Directions
Remove eggs yolks from hard boiled eggs.
With a pastry bag (or freezer bag with corner cut off), pipe hummus into egg half hollows.
Top with desired garnishes. Parsley goes well with almost any variaty of hummus, slivered almonds or paprika are nice on traditional flavoured hummus, and red pepper flakes pair well with roasted pepper hummus. Experiment to find your perfect combination! :).

No Yolk Hummus Filled Deviled Eggs
Serving Size: 1 (83 g)

Servings Per Recipe: 6
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Calories 129.3

Calories from Fat 74
57%
Total Fat 8.3 g
12%
Saturated Fat 2.0 g
10%
Monounsaturated Fat 3.3 g
16%
Polyunsaturated Fat 1.8 g
9%
Trans Fat 0.0 g
0%
Cholesterol 212.0 mg
70%
Sodium 180.4 mg
7%
Potassium 134.2 mg
3%
Magnesium 27.1 mg
1%
Total Carbohydrate 5.0 g
1%
Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
7%
Sugars 0.5 g
2%
Protein 8.7 g
17%

There's also nothing wrong with mashing the eggs yolks and mixing them in with the hummus before piping them back into the eggs either. This recipe was just for a "lighter" version.

This should go in one of the recipe threads, gonna merge it.

• Canned Pumpkin, organic and BPA free, if possible to find.
  • Whey Protein Isolate, vanilla, sweetened with stevia.
  • Chia seeds, organic
  • Cinnamon
High pro, low carb, insanely easy and portable snack.

Chocolate and nutmeg slice.

3.5 onces of flaxseed meal (6 carbs)
2 eggs
1 TBL spoon of oil
1 TSP of psyllium husk
1 heaped TBL spoon of unsweetened cocoa (2 carbs)
4 TBL spoons of Erthritol or other sweetener to taste
a few grams of nutmeg (1 carb)
1/2 teapsoon of baking powder (2 carbs)
4 or 5 squares of chopped 90% dark chocolate (1 carb)

Mix all together well and place in a small square tupperwear container. Microwave on high for about 2 minutes or a bit longer.

Top with a bit of erythritol, slice and serve with cream or yoghurt.

This was the last one I took a photo of it was one of my first attempts so it turned out a bit dodgy.

(Edit. fixed image size)
20a4g9d.jpg

Here it is sliced with sugarfree yoghurt, cream, sugarfree maple syrup, a bit of Atkins muesli and nutmeg.

kb61x.jpg

Last edited:
Holy re-sizable photo Batman!

made the chicken breast pizza crust this weekend. Came out great and will definately try again!

Flax chocolate chip cookies.

50g of flax meal
1 egg
20g atkins muesli
1 heaped tbl spoon cocoa
40g of sugarless dark chocolate
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup erythritol or sweetener to taste
tbl spoon of oil of butter

mix all together and put on a plate and bake for a 2-3 minutes. Sprinkle with a bit more sweetener and let cool.

i77i86.jpg

Still to find a comprehensible source for my answer to this question: concerning groats and flax, that do have a high carb-listing - do you simply subtract the carbs that come from fiber to the actual listed number? How is that?

Back