***The Official SANCTIONED Sergey Kovalev vs Eleider Alvarez RBR Thread 8/4 10:00PM HBO***

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Kovalev didn't stick around for the post fight interview or the press conference. Must be a little harder to come up with excuses when you're stopped so dramatically

Or maybe because he isn't physically fit enough to do it? He's probably getting a check up in an ambulance.

And how the fuck is Roy Jones Junior saying Kov is "done at 35" when Roy has 4 fights scheduled for tomorrow and will get knocked out in every single one of them and set up more fights for next weekend.

I mean, Roy isn't wrong, he just can't follow his own advice.

Never liked kov after his racist shit and how he handled himself for ward 1 and 2. Glad he got ended tonight

Pretty surprising stuff. Didn't see the fight, but I've seen highlights of the stoppage. Alvarez deserves more respect than I was giving him, evidently.

Damn, I hope this isn't the end for Kovalev. This is a huge loss for him, especially at this stage of his career. I guess we won't be seeing Bivol vs Kovalev any time soon.

That being said, I think Bivol will beat Alvarez up without much trouble.

Stevenson-Alvarez will be a great fight if it manages to happen. Alvarez just proved he is top quality.
Stevenson has avoided him for a long time. That fight was suppose to happen multiple times but he keeps avoiding it like the plague.

Stevenson has avoided him for a long time. That fight was suppose to happen multiple times but he keeps avoiding it like the plague.

How bizarre would it be if Stevenson, in his 40s, emerges as the man in the division after essentially ducking all top challengers since whooping Bellew (not including the recent fight with Jack)?

Pretty surprising stuff. Didn't see the fight, but I've seen highlights of the stoppage. Alvarez deserves more respect than I was giving him, evidently.
we had this argument when you said how bad he looked in his last fight vs bute (which pascal was actually his last fight) too hard to believe a home country based fighter can win a title? :D

we had this argument when you said how bad he looked in his last fight vs bute (which pascal was actually his last fight) too hard to believe a home country based fighter can win a title? :D

I thought he looked all kinds of mediocre against Bute before he KO'd him. I'll fully admit I was wrong; apparently there is a fair bit more to Alvarez than I ever thought. Montreal really seems to be a hub for LHW talent.

Looks like Ward beat the champion out of Kovalev. Serious props to Alvarez nonetheless.

My thoughts on the fight

Kova needs to stop thinking he can block all shots
with his face just so he can land his own. Same thing against ward in the second fight, almost as
If he just decides to take all punishment as if he could take it.

I’m happy with the result because as much as I like watching Kovalev fight, something told me there was going to be a lot of BS to make the Bivol fight but Bivol vs Alvarez seems more makeable.

Kovalev is not getting better from here, he won his first fight against ward in my book and that’s he greatest he has ever been and will be, it’s all downhill from now so he should make as much money as he can and retire

Glad to see you accepted the Ebony flesh deep inside you Mr Jay. I told you a long time ago, you cannot avoid the beauty of the dark pillar of The Nexus...

I thought he looked all kinds of mediocre against Bute before he KO'd him. I'll fully admit I was wrong; apparently there is a fair bit more to Alvarez than I ever thought. Montreal really seems to be a hub for LHW talent.
cheer and a I like for saying that. Yeah, alvarez has power when he wants to he boxes first. vs bute it was close then he threw a massive punch.

Alvarez has a good ring IQ boxing skills, power when he wants. his regular shots arent full of power but to keep people honest, rock solid chin.

I'm not sure if he'll beat the other top guys but hell maybe... the nail might be the man to beat now.

Wow. Huge upset. And people thought Kovealev would best Stevenson

Looks like Ward beat the champion out of Kovalev. Serious props to Alvarez nonetheless.

Or he was never that good to begin with. Old Hopkins. Passed it Pascal. Where were his championship wins?

Back