The Orange Snowflake disinvites the Eagles to the White House

LOL you’re really surprised that the president of the United States decides to disassociate with groups who refuse to simply stand in respect for the flag!?

Hello?
Hey Dum Dum, the Eagles never knelt during the anthem. The Eagles have more Super Bowl wins this year than players that knelt during the National Anthem this year. The kneeling thing does not apply to any Eagle.
I anxiously await your next excuse for the Orange Snowflake.

So let me get this straight, the Eagles FOR MONTHS stated that they had no intention on going to the White House literally every chance they got. Then 90% of the team decides NOT to go, Trump cancels their invitation...and this is TRUMP'S fault???

Damn, logic and common sense be goddamned, ya'll will literally bitch about anything.

Trump should say he cancelled it because he would be embarrassed by the low turnout instead of lying about players kneeling and staying in the locker room during the Anthem

Let's see.

Trump realized ( which he should have know before he gave out the invite) the many of the players would turn this into a political thing by not coming or by saying or doing something at the even to get attention so they could virtue signal.

So he scraped the whole thing which pissed the left off because they didn't get to do their thing.

My only question is with everything going on why Trump or anyone on his staff thought this was a good idea in the first place.

There should have never been an invite in the first place.

Trump should say he cancelled it because he would be embarrassed by the low turnout instead of lying about players kneeling and staying in the locker room during the Anthem

Why? Because it would make YOU feel better?

Why invite teams to the white house anyway?

What’s the point? I’ve never understood this. Hope they’re just the first team and other athletes throw their tantrums so we cancel all of them.

Oh yeah, THAT'S why you guys are upset...

<YeahOKJen>

This is like if I told everyone FOR MONTHS that I didn't want to go to a party, trashed the host, and said I wouldn't be caught dead there. The second the host took away my invitation I went "WHAT DO YOU MEAN I'M NOT INVITED???" "DUDE THIS GUY IS TRIGGERED"

Fucking lol

I defended the Penguins visit to the whtie house to my more anit-trump friends as simple tradition and not a political statement.

did trump just cement that such sports teams visits to the white house as political?

Ummm because it's the truth lol

He blatantly lied about the Eagles players to try and paint them as antipatriotic and anti military.

That's because you guys keep trying to pretend that protesting the American National Anthem, has nothing to do with you jaded views on the United States as a whole. Because if you didn't think the country was racist and backwards, you wouldn't be protesting in the first place.

I defended the Penguins visit to the whtie house to my more anit-trump friends as simple tradition and not a political statement.

did trump just cement that such sports teams visits to the white house as political?

Yep, he did that, not the team who said for months they were never going and only got butthurt when they were uninvited last minute.

Ummm because it's the truth lol

He blatantly lied about the Eagles players to try and paint them as antipatriotic and anti military.

Some players weren't going to show up in protest. What was the protest about? Trump? The Anthem? It's not a stretch at all to call their views anti-American. Just show up and take the photo, you fuckin' drama queens.

You'd rather him go out there and say "Nobody wanted to come see me, because nobody wikes me.", with no other reason, because then you could mock him for not being popular, and forever post pictures of him standing with six or seven players, and how it encapsulates his Presidency.

Trump simply disarmed everyone who was waiting to pounce. Smart move. Trump already won this war. No need to let the crybaby players kamikazi the White House after the fact.

I figured this was going to happen. I don’t see why the WH invites any sports team or celebrities tbh.

Lol. Never go full Fox

I came here to post the tweets but it's already been done. Fox News tried to use pics of Eagles like TE Zach Ertz kneeling and saying that was during the anthem..... but- that was him doing what Fox would support and praying before the game during warmups lol

During the anthem, no Eagles players knelt or sat. Most had hands over their hearts as they stood, a few black players raised a fist. A few games they all locked arms together in solidarity

That's because you guys keep trying to pretend that protesting the American National Anthem, has nothing to do with you jaded views on the United States as a whole. Because if you didn't think the country was racist and backwards, you wouldn't be protesting in the first place.

so wait, what are my views?

The nfl anthem protest is directed at poor treatment of blacks by cops.

Everything is about Trump to Trump. He managed to turn a (misguided in my opinion) kneeling during the national anthem as a sign of protest/shame about racism in the country kinda focused on cops; To it becoming a protest of Trump as president that now got a lot more support. Should have just stayed the hell out of it

Back