The original BMF

Guy on the right -

Machine+Gun+Chop.gif

Diego's stand up was always infuriating to watch because he was more content on taking punishment as opposed to learning some defense and not looking like a stiff but I admired his spirit. A BMF he was not, Wanderlei Silva is a true BMF.

The original BMF looked something like this:

1716066908028.png

Do you know how hard it is to continuously unerringly rush forth and bite down on your mouthpiece and happily throw hands against a guy way better at you in striking and never be deterred?? No??

Answering your own questions lol

OG BMF is Sakuraba, everyone and their mama knows it.

Reactions: CPH
They both turned pro around the same time (Sanchez 2002, Masvidal 2003). Difference being, in those early days, Masvidal was still fighting 190lb dudes in backyards for burger money. The real OG bmfs are people people like Vovchanchyn and Liddell, who fought bare-knuckle tournaments. In his second MMA fight, Chuck fought Pele for 30 minutes in the land of uh vai morrer. He and the other OGs make performative tough guys like Diego look like boyscouts.
The real OGs were before that. Frye, Tank, Goodridge, etc. Not as skilled as modern fighters or even early 2000s guys, but they sometimes fought 3 times in a night in a new sport where people were still trying to figure out cross-training and conditioning. And they didn't duck anyone or hand pick opponents.

i say maldonado is a real bmf
dude fought a prime stipe
he doesnt care

by the time he was out in the ufc he got alot of damage
he fought fedor and outbox him

thats a real bmf right there
fights anyone anywhere

The real OGs were before that. Frye, Tank, Goodridge, etc. Not as skilled as modern fighters or even early 2000s guys, but they sometimes fought 3 times in a night in a new sport where people were still trying to figure out cross-training and conditioning. And they didn't duck anyone or hand pick opponents.

You're nitpicking a little bit no? Goodridge debuted in 1996, Igor in 1995, Chuck in 1998. And fighting for 30 minutes is right up there with fighting a one-night tourney.

But I am not disagreeing with you about there being a first wave of bad asses that preceded guys like Igor and Chuck, hence why I wrote 'people like' and 'he and other OGs'. I just mentioned those two because their earlier fights were still in what I consider the birth era of MMA and they exemplify the BMF ideals on account of their savage style, gameness and demeanor. I picked Chuck in particular because I feel that his incredible resume is often overlooked. He truly did fight anyone, anywhere.

Can the bmf be more than 170 pounds? I mean what are the rules of being a bmf?

If no then I say Diego is worthy cantidate for the original title. Or maybe BJ

A BMF doesn't become the object of the perversions of a dude called Fabia. If anything, Diego was a lunatic.

You're nitpicking a little bit no? Goodridge debuted in 1996, Igor in 1995, Chuck in 1998. And fighting for 30 minutes is right up there with fighting a one-night tourney.

But I am not disagreeing with you about there being a first wave of bad asses that preceded guys like Igor and Chuck, hence why I wrote 'people like' and 'he and other OGs'. I just mentioned those two because their earlier fights were still in what I consider the birth era of MMA and they exemplify the BMF ideals on account of their savage style, gameness and demeanor. I picked Chuck in particular because I feel that his incredible resume is often overlooked. He truly did fight anyone, anywhere.
Yeah, no major disagreements at all. All those guys fought in the 90s when no one could cherry-pick opponents, there were no rounds, fewer rules, etc. The only sketchy think you could do was pull out of a tournament for an questionable injury (that happened a few times). But it was definitely a different era with more risk, danger and uncertainty.

Reactions: CPH
Back