The PR Thread! II

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ Congrats Jake.

What's your best snatch ?

Thanks, man.

I can't snatch for shit. It is lightyears behind my clean. Its all technical for me. To date, my best snatch is 103 kg (227 lbs). I went after 235 lbs the other day and caught it easily but my left arm collapsed. I am hoping to bring that way up by the Arnold to hopefully make a run at qualifying for nationals.

Thanks, man.

I can't snatch for shit. It is lightyears behind my clean. Its all technical for me. To date, my best snatch is 103 kg (227 lbs). I went after 235 lbs the other day and caught it easily but my left arm collapsed. I am hoping to bring that way up by the Arnold to hopefully make a run at qualifying for nationals.

Technical issues are the worst. How far are you from qualifying ?

Technical issues are the worst. How far are you from qualifying ?

I think last year for 105 kg the qualifying total was 285. I think I can hit 155-160 kg clean & jerk by March which means if I can hit 125-130 kg snatch, if the qualifying totals are the same, I will be able to qualify.

465-lb. sumo deadlift today. This was supposed to be a deload day (oops), but these felt good, and my technique is getting better. I felt like I had more in the tank, but I'll progress slowly. Admittedly, this is a PR by default, since I've pulled sumo a handful of times in my life, but whatever.

Actually, I had three PRs: 410, then 430, then 465. Ah, to be a noob again...

Here is the clean & jerk I've wanted since I missed it a few sessions ago. I knew I could hit it. I think I am good for more but I decided to cut myself off to end on a make. Going in today I actually had no intention of going this heavy but everything was feeling good so I went for it.

Holy shit man. I suck at oly lifts so bad. Your form puts mine to shame.

Here is the clean & jerk I've wanted since I missed it a few sessions ago. I knew I could hit it. I think I am good for more but I decided to cut myself off to end on a make. Going in today I actually had no intention of going this heavy but everything was feeling good so I went for it.

Impressive!

Thanks for the kind words, everyone. I really appreciate it. I hope I can iron out some things with my jerk technique so I can jerk as much as I can clean.

Kill Kill, mine wasn't too good up until about a year and a half ago. I could "high school clean (bad start, catch it standing straight up with feet out wide)" around 285 but I started really working on fixing my technique and it has really come along since then. The thing that really helped me was picking one thing to really hammer during a training session and repeat that cue over and over in my head before the lift.

Keosawa, thanks for the kind words. I just need to get pound for pound as strong as your are so I can really start putting up some serious weight.

very impressive Jake, made that look easy

my contribution to the thread, since im kind of a newb i dont post all my PR's cause most of them are because ive never done that specific rep scheme alot before, but i was pretty happy with this one tonight

Nice cnj Jake. Looked easy!

Also, those squats were smooth mmajester. Your progress lately has been phenomenol.

New jerk PR today. Hit 102kg (+2kg) from the rack. Definitely good for more.

Thanks toonie!

Nice jerk btw

3 rep PR: 410lbs low bar squat. Reps start at 0:45

I hit 460lbs (+20lbs PR) on the deadlift last week too. Getting pretty close to my goal of 200/300/400/500

edit: holy GM on the last rep eh...

Also, 5'9, 197lbs at time of lift.

Last edited:
That's a killer squat you've got, keltic. Congrats.

335x3 for standing goodmornings today. These felt pretty easy; apparently my hips and hamstrings have gotten stronger over the last month.

That's a killer squat you've got, keltic. Congrats.

335x3 for standing goodmornings today. These felt pretty easy; apparently my hips and hamstrings have gotten stronger over the last month.

Thanks! That's an unreal GM..

'sup?

yeah, yeah, depth, bla bla bla...
it's a training lift, get over it!
:D

As long as you hit depth in contest then who cares? Nice squats slave what are you weighing now? And by nice squats I mean omg I wish I could do that.

As long as you hit depth in contest then who cares? Nice squats slave what are you weighing now? And by nice squats I mean omg I wish I could do that.

well, some people like to bitch about training lifts...
i know that i won't have any problems with depth in a competition... i am aware what my weak points are and getting out out of the hole isn't one of them

i'm about 286 now...
thanks brah!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back