• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The PR Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finally hit 3 plates on deadlift which tied my friend PR. This was a 10 pound gain, then I realized that it would be 10 times better to break his PR with another PR. so i threw on another 10 and tried but failed the first time. Then gave it 3 minutes, went balls to the wall and hit it. Everything went red, and i had sparklers in my eyes, and i couldnt walk straight or even stand up. But i smashed that fucking PR. Old PR was 305, new one is now 325!!!

Iv only been deadlifting for just over a month, so i thought this was good, i might add it was sumo, if that means any difference to you. My buddy has been deaflifting for about 6 months, so it felt good.

What's your BW?

175x1
180X1 (10 lb pr)

finally benching over my bodyweight.

Zercher Squat 315 lbs x 1 (90 lb PR!!!)

My back rounded a bit but I find it next to impossible to keep a good arch while zerchering (expecialy on ZDLs)

Jesus Blast. What made you decide to for a 90lbs addition?

Zercher Squat 315 lbs x 1 (90 lb PR!!!)

My back rounded a bit but I find it next to impossible to keep a good arch while zerchering (expecialy on ZDLs)

I would hope that immediately walked out of the weight room and kicked someone down a well while yelling "This is Sparta Motherfucker!" as a celebration.
That's what I'm going to do if I ever hit a 90 lb Zercher PR.

Well I knew last time 225 wasn't my absolute max as it was only my 2nd time and I was still getting used to the lift. I knew I would get a PR but I was suprised at 3 plates since I had been getting horrible sleep the whole past week and I had just done a grueling 5 x 5 back squat set. I warmed up with some light ones and went right to 225 and could have repped it out no problem. I just kept adding more and more weight and before I knew it 3 fuckin plates! Can't wait to see how far I can push this in the next coming weeks. If I get anymore ridiculous noob gains like that I'll try to borrow someone's camera so you guys know I'm not typing out of my ass.

I didn't kick anyone down a well but I definitely had a smile tattooed on my face walking out of there. A great ending to a horrible week.

Is it just me or is the negative part of the lift more taxing than coming up? A lot of times I went down thinking "oh shit this is heavy" but then I would touch it to my legs and blast it right up.

Last week I finally entered the 4 Plate Squat Club! I wasn't planning on going for it, but as I worked through warm up sets, 315 felt like nothing, and 365 was easy too, so I went for it. Got 2 solid reps to parallel.

Had a failed attempt with 315 almost 2 years ago that shook me up, so it took a while to sack up and get my ass back in the rack again.

For reference - Height 6'5", BW 215lbs

I didn't kick anyone down a well but I definitely had a smile tattooed on my face walking out of there. A great ending to a horrible week.

Is it just me or is the negative part of the lift more taxing than coming up? A lot of times I went down thinking "oh shit this is heavy" but then I would touch it to my legs and blast it right up.

I completely agree. Holding that much weight in the crooks of the arms somehow causes the exact same feeling as seeing a puppy die. You can't breathe, you feel like your guts have been crushed, etc.

5 x 60d nails w/ 3/4" cut off. This may not be rated as my toughest bend ever, but its probably my shortest, and a month ago I couldn't manage to get one of these past 90 degrees, so thats some progress.

and you can't hit 225 on a pushpress?
Nope. I can barely hit 205 on a good day. A couple factors to consider:
First and foremost, I have an elbow injury that doesn't allow me to have proper hand placement.
Secondly, I just suck at timing leg drive to the press itself. I'll have to video it so I can get some pointers.

455lb DL, 20lb PR

I think Zerocrew deserves the most improved lifter S&P award. It wasn't too long ago when we started a race to 405 and he was at like 350. On a related note I can't wait to start the coan program and get my DL out of the shitter like he did.

Nice sig Blastbeats. And i concur with the most improved nomination for z-crew

Nope. I can barely hit 205 on a good day. A couple factors to consider:
First and foremost, I have an elbow injury that doesn't allow me to have proper hand placement.
Secondly, I just suck at timing leg drive to the press itself. I'll have to video it so I can get some pointers.

Some things that helped me alot on pushpress

- Wide stance just like a squat, i usually point my feet out a little too
- Support the load on your shoulders and chest for the push
- Move as fast as you possibly can, don't try to push hard, but push realy fast (sounds weird i know)
- Try traning DE pushpress with sets of about 10, go as fast as you can, have each catch load the next push. The catch and push should be one fluid motion, if you need to suck in some air hold the barbell overhead so you keep the catch push motion.

Some things that helped me alot on pushpress

- Wide stance just like a squat, i usually point my feet out a little too
- Support the load on your shoulders and chest for the push
- Move as fast as you possibly can, don't try to push hard, but push realy fast (sounds weird i know)
- Try traning DE pushpress with sets of about 10, go as fast as you can, have each catch load the next push. The catch and push should be one fluid motion, if you need to suck in some air hold the barbell overhead so you keep the catch push motion.

I wouldnt listen to this guy, Finnegan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back