The PR Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some things that helped me alot on pushpress

- Wide stance just like a squat, i usually point my feet out a little too
- Support the load on your shoulders and chest for the push
- Move as fast as you possibly can, don't try to push hard, but push realy fast (sounds weird i know)
- Try traning DE pushpress with sets of about 10, go as fast as you can, have each catch load the next push. The catch and push should be one fluid motion, if you need to suck in some air hold the barbell overhead so you keep the catch push motion.

I'll try some of this stuff out. Never done DE Push Press. And my stance isn't nearly as wide as my squat stance. I already support the weight the way you should. Good points.

Nice sig Blastbeats. And i concur with the most improved nomination for z-crew

Thanks, but I think your current sig trumps all on sherdog right now.

We should have an S&P awards. We can come up with catagories, nominate posters/bad ass lifters and have poll threads for everyone to vote on them and winners get a lift strong bracelet or something... unless everyone thinks thats completely gay then forgot I ever said it. Either way Keith W for lifetime achievement award!

I think Klotz has had better overall improvement or feature boy.

teh misses sig is the best ever....lol.

Strict OHP

275 x 1

20lbs PR

It frightens me that a weight that I could not even hope to move overhead no matter how hard I try is something you can lift without even a litle bit of leg drive.

It frightens me that a weight that I could not even hope to move overhead no matter how hard I try is something you can lift without even a litle bit of leg drive.

Awesome.

I was very proud of myself. Even for a fat-ass hulkachunk, 275 is A-ok, methinks.

I will forever recall it with the visualization of it going up so fast the plates bounce while being looked upon and admired by a squad of naked cheerleaders who miraculously appear when I set a PR.

Of course, the reality of the lift was me forcing that thing up slowly and with my face ready to pop.

I'll try some of this stuff out. Never done DE Push Press. And my stance isn't nearly as wide as my squat stance. I already support the weight the way you should. Good points.

Man I am going to ahve to try this myself my OHP numbers are even less tahn when i first started working out. Damn my upper body is weak.

On a brighter note, PR squat 235 x 1 (10 lbs) hooray!

Back to lifting tonight after 3-4 weeks off with rotator cuff/knee problems and I hit 2 new PR's!

Deadlift 335x1 +20 lb PR
Push Press 175x2 +175 lb PR AMAZING!!!!

Look at that +175 pounds to my max! Of course I've never DONE push press before tonight.. I can SOHP 175 so its actually pretty crappy. My wrists don't bend properly so I can't keep the weigh on my chest/shoulders. When I tried it with 195, I hit myself in the mouth with the bar on the way up! Bled pretty good...

Push Press 175x2 +175 lb PR AMAZING!!!!

Look at that +175 pounds to my max! Of course I've never DONE push press before tonight.. I can SOHP 175 so its actually pretty crappy. My wrists don't bend properly so I can't keep the weigh on my chest/shoulders. When I tried it with 195, I hit myself in the mouth with the bar on the way up! Bled pretty good...

So really, it's not a PR of any sort....lol.

nice form! lol, it takes a bit to figure out the form, just like any other lift. keep at it!

Really? It's not a PR? Weird, I figured since it was the heaviest I've ever gone it was a PR. I was just really joking anyways but I'm surprised that TECHNICALLY, it's not a PR.

*consoles esam*

its a pr dude, ignore zero crew, he's just a jerk

I got a PR!! woo hoo! Finally got a left handed pinch grip with 2 35 lb plates. actually held it for a couple seconds at the top too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back