The Pulse: Tyson Fury vs. Francis Ngannou

Winner?

• Total voters
You haven't posted anything other than your contradictive opinion.

Do you honestly think Ngannou's MMA experience has no relevance in this fight at all? That Ngannou is like any other 0-0 boxer?

And you call me clueless / deluded.

<Dany07>

The heck are you talking about?
Francis' MMA experience actually puts him at a disadvantage compared to a regular 0 and 0 boxer. If you had any clue about combat sports you'd know this. He already has a bunch of bad habits ingrained due to the takedown threat.

But you believe a professional boxer would walk backwards in a straight line until Francis lands one of his wild haymakers so...

And you also think Francis his harder than Wilder. I rest my case.

I'm hoping Francis gets lucky and lands the perfect hit and Fury gets knocked out. Won't happen but how funny would it be, Fury ducking Usyk to tight a 0-0 boxing record mma fighter but gets laid out

Why would he be ducking a blown up cruiserweight who does nothing better than he does?

Usyk MAY have a speed advantage and that's about it

I don't mean to imply Fury isn't expecting or prepared for Ngannou's blitz.

I'm saying that's Ngannou's only chance of victory, even though Fury is expecting & prepared for it.

But several of Ngannou's MMA opponents were 'expecting & prepared' for it, and it wasn't enough. Ngannou has 1-shot KO power, and although Fury has been knocked down by '1-shot KO boxers' like Wilder, Ngannou has the power to have Fury carried out of a stretcher.

Yes, I'm saying Ngannou's haymakers are more powerful than Wilder's.

Again, am I picking Ngannou to win? No.
I'm saying this is Ngannou's only way to win, because every other way is a guaranteed lose against Fury.

Nagnnou has the power to KO MMA guys with his shocking technique.

Elite boxing have the hardest punches and the best chins.

Ngannou hasn,t got the power to flatline Fury and that's simple fact.

Francis' MMA experience actually puts him at a disadvantage compared to a regular 0 and 0 boxer. If you had any clue about combat sports you'd know this. He already has a bunch of bad habits ingrained due to the takedown threat.

Well Fury is undefeated against boxers with good habits, and Ngannou has been training exclusively boxing ever since recovering from his knee surgery late last year.

We'll see how he's adapted to boxing, as well as taking a few things he's learned from high-level MMA experience.

But you believe a professional boxer would walk backwards in a straight line until Francis lands one of his wild haymakers so...

Never said that.

I said practically everyone Ngannou blitzed in the 1st round supposedly knew how to avoid haymakers, yet they were still KOed.

Everyone thinks they're prepared for a blitzing Ngannou until they're blitzed by Ngannou.

And you also think Francis his harder than Wilder. I rest my case.

20f2x4.gif

By all means, post a Wilder KO gif that hit harder than Ngannou's KO of Overeem.

Ngannou, if he's planning on winning, can't treat this as a boxing match. He has to treat it as an execution.

There's never been a scarrier force in the history of combat sports than Ngannou blitzing his opponent in the 1st round. He has a 100% win rate in MMA doing that.

He has 1 round to KO Tyson, or at least knock him down so hard its difficult for Tyson to get up and make him easy prey to KO within the next round or two.

Otherwise, if Ngannou tries to 'box' Tyson, he's toast. No chance of victory.

Not picking a winner. But I will say McGregor's biggest mistake against Mayweather wasn't going for the kill in the first three rounds. Instead, he allowed Mayweather to take him into deep water where he was drowned.

Hopefully Ngannou won't make the same mistake.

Conor didn't have the power of the punching technique to go in for any kill against Floyd.

Ngannou is going to look worse than Conor did as his technique is dogshit.

It only works on MMA guys because their boxing skills and chins are bush league.

Elite boxers are a different kettle of fish.

Well Fury is undefeated against boxers with good habits, and Ngannou has been training exclusively boxing ever since recovering from his knee surgery late last year.

We'll see how he's adapted to boxing, as well as taking a few things he's learned from high-level MMA experience.

Never said that.

I said practically everyone Ngannou blitzed in the 1st round supposedly knew how to avoid haymakers, yet they were still KOed.

Everyone thinks they're prepared for a blitzing Ngannou until they're blitzed by Ngannou.

20f2x4.gif

By all means, post a Wilder KO gif that hit harder than Ngannou's KO of Overeem.

When Ngannou partially stops someone's heart from beating then get back to us lol.

Posting a gif of one of the chinniest guys in MMA history getting KO'd doesn't prove your point unfortunately.

Nagnnou has the power to KO MMA guys with his shocking technique.

Technique?

Ngannou's KOs are because he barrages his opponents with hooks and uppercuts from all angles. Its power, not technique.

Elite boxing have the hardest punches and the best chins.

'Best chins' we shall see.
I've seen plenty of HW boxers that supposedly have the best chins get KOed cold from somewhat-powered shots to the chin.
HW boxers are no different than HW MMA fighters, they have great chins until they don't.

Ngannou hasn,t got the power to flatline Fury and that's simple fact.

20f2x4.gif

You think Fury could take that punch and beaten the count?

Now chances are Fury won't get caught out of position to take a full-powered hook/uppercut to the chin, but if he did he'd be carried out on a stretcher.

Its been three and a half years since Ngannou blitzed anyone in the 1st round (Rozenstruik) so I imagine ya'll have forgotten exactly how scary his power can be.

When Ngannou partially stops someone's heart from beating then get back to us lol.
Fury's done that?

Posting a gif of one of the chinniest guys in MMA history getting KO'd doesn't prove your point unfortunately.
That punch would have KOed any boxer that's ever competed. Period.

You boxing fanboys are becoming delusional about the durability of boxer's chins.

Technique?

Ngannou's KOs are because he barrages his opponents with hooks and uppercuts from all angles. Its power, not technique.

'Best chins' we shall see.
I've seen plenty of HW boxers that supposedly have the best chins get KOed cold from somewhat-powered shots to the chin.
HW boxers are no different than HW MMA fighters, they have great chins until they don't.

20f2x4.gif

You think Fury could take that punch and beaten the count?

Now chances are Fury won't get caught out of position to take a full-powered hook/uppercut to the chin, but if he did he'd be carried out on a stretcher.

Its been three and a half years since Ngannou blitzed anyone in the 1st round (Rozenstruik) so I imagine ya'll have forgotten exactly how scary his power can be.

MMA guys don't have elite chins or power though. So Ngannou's "freak" power is only godly by MMA standards. Same with Conor...some KO God in MMA with a 20lbs advantage over a 45 yr old Mayweather who had his hands down and couldn't make a dent in him.

Rozenstruik is a can. No boxer would get KO'd like he did against someone as rudimentary as Francis.

20f2x4.gif

That KO is brutal but kinda overrated in the sense that Overeem (who was already known for having a weak chin by that point) had his head in the right position and at the right time, just as Ngannou cocked his hand back for an uppercut, giving it a «bobblehead effect» that made it flashier. Wilder, however, can drop/KO guys when they have their heads in a more solid and defensive position, and do it with a straight punch (see Ortiz 2 and Fury 3) while weighting almost less 20 kg.

That's to say Wilder vs Ngannou would've been much more interesting that this gimme nonsense fight.

That KO is brutal but kinda overrated in the sense that Overeem (who was already known for having a weak chin by that point) had his head in the right position and at the right time, just as Ngannou cocked his hand back for an uppercut, giving it a «bobblehead effect» that made it flashier. Wilder, however, can drop/KO guys when they have their heads in a more solid and defensive position, and do it with a straight punch (see Ortiz 2 and Fury 3) while weighting almost less 20 kg.

That's to say Wilder vs Ngannou would've been much more interesting that this gimme nonsense fight.
The right hand that faceplanted Blaydes despite being partially blocked by his shoulder is better example of his raw punching power.
That and the jab that knocked Stipe down 3 meters away.

I have no idea how a MMA fight between those two would go, but in a boxing fight, Fury will defeat Francis in any way he chooses, 10 fights out of 10.

That KO is brutal but kinda overrated in the sense that Overeem (who was already known for having a weak chin by that point) had his head in the right position and at the right time, just as Ngannou cocked his hand back for an uppercut, so the «bobblehead effect» makes it flashier. Wilder, however, can drop/KO guys when they have their heads in a more solid and defensive position, and do it with a straight punch (see Ortiz 2 and Fury 3) while weighting almost less 20 kg.

I won't deny Overeem's position added to the impact, but specifically look at the punch. That gif is in slow motion and its still scary.

Overeem had been KOed a few times before that, but its not like a stiff breeze would send him to the hospital. He was still absorbing solid shots to the dome and surviving it.

No fighter, boxing or MMA, would get up from the count after that shot, regardless if it landed on the chin, temple, or anywhere on the head.

But several of Ngannou's MMA opponents were 'expecting & prepared' for it, and it wasn't enough. Ngannou has 1-shot KO power, and although Fury has been knocked down by '1-shot KO boxers' like Wilder, Ngannou has the power to have Fury carried out of a stretcher.
lol

Wilder has much more power than Francis. Wilder dont even need to load up to put people in the ground.

43 wins,42 by KO

He actually hit Tyson a bunch and couldnt stop Fury,but Francis is??

Back