The 'racist' balloon

s-l300.jpg

Is this racist?

what game is this from? I forget.

What is the perception of the Golly character over there?

We never actually had minstrels, so there's a bit of a disconnect on the character.
It's been viewed as racist at least since the late 80s early 90s though, and all brands have abandoned it (toys, biscuits, books, shows).

We never actually had minstrels, so there's a bit of a disconnect on the character.
It's been viewed as racist at least since the late 80s early 90s though, and all brands have abandoned it (toys, biscuits, books, shows).
Well, if its not true that she didn't name it Golly herself, then that changes my perspective a bit.

Still think its pretty small potatoes.

Sheepdog's background is black....is that racist too?

That's very unfortunate that such an otherwise cute design is associated with hurt feelings.

It's a fun, friendly looking balloon, there's nothing racist about it. Gooly is not the official name, the owner can't be blamed for a nickname.

Yes, that IS and what SHOULD matter. Obviously their response has relevance but of course their intent is what matters. How absurd to suggest otherwise.
Whether a tort was intentional or negligent is often irrelevant to the people affected. If your actions harm someone thru negligence, the typical response is to apologize and make efforts to prevent re-occurrence.

Your point? <1>

if you're implying that I'm making some type of racist remark, read it again. (*psst* Context and Reading Comprehension is everything. Pass it on....)

That's the only reason why you're bugging Higus, James, heap, whippy, trac, jamel, and Seano with this.

You think you have a "gotcha" moment.

Typical Leftist.

Last edited:
Whether a tort was intentional or negligent is often irrelevant to the people affected. If your actions harm someone thru negligence, the typical response is to apologize and make efforts to prevent re-occurrence.
No one was harmed.

These fucktards complaining about racism everytime they see something even remotely offensive (to them) are doing the same as crying wolf.

What is the perception of the Golly character over there?

I posted you a link. Maybe try reading it instead of saying its shit....

Last edited by a moderator:
Wouldn't have been an issue if they hadn't nicknamed it Golly, because there's nothing inherently offensive about the balloon at all.

10854274-3x4-700x933.jpg

How is Golly racist? I haven't heard that one ever before. What's it from?

Back