The real loser today was the sport.

Love him or hate him, Conor was not only the biggest combat sports star of his generation, but arguably all time (ppv average FACT), something which this bad loss has effectively ended. No matter how good a fighter is , they cannot match the attention and excitement that a super star attraction brings to a sport like Conor did.

That big fight atmosphere which was reminiscent of prime Tyson days, The amazing press conferences, the hype, the pop culture cross over he managed to create that brought so much entertainment to us all , is all basically finished now.

Now what? I can't see anyone who can come close to replacing him. Israel is a cringe lord, and Jones is a boring psychopath. The end of a great era. The sport will probably never be as exciting again, the last superstar is gone. Dustin is a solid fighter but he will always be a Fight Night level attraction and nothing more.

And for the folks saying I'm getting carried away. No. There are losses, and then there are bad losses which effectively end careers as we knew them. This was the latter. It was not a flash KO, or a close decision loss after a great fight. It was a complete exposure.
He is only in ur imagination but for me he is the worst thing because he showed that some people have no lives and got mind controlled by a fighter

The sport will move on it evolves.. Conors heart hasn’t been in fighting since like 2018. He’s a big star not an elite dominant championship level fighter same issue with Ronda Rousey/ Lesnar.

Well both Ronda and Lesnar actually put their belts on the line.

Back