The Roadhouse 'Reboot' was just as good/better than the original - Change my mind

6. Pointless unrealistic woke characters - a youngish black woman owning a rough rowdy roadhouse as we can't have too many white people god forbid.
It’s really gotten ridiculous . It’s not bad enough the movie just isn’t that much replay value , in the original there was a really good black actor and in action movies and he had like 10 seconds of screen time behind the bar as a bartender in the original Roadhouse, I forgot his name he was in The Thing and They Live the guy who fought Roddy Piper in that one scene and the original still ran circles around this remake . Lol

15 minutes in and the writing and acting have been terrible (i.e. The ordering coffee scene, the interaction with the doctor etc. ). I will finish watching it because we are snowed in, but I don't have my hopes up.

Last edited:
Definitely no substance I did not connect or sympathize. Even a lot of these so called crap films from the 80s like bloodsport, cyborg and roadhouse we could re watch and connect with the film.
I consider them pretty good ,now if you watched Revenge Of The Ninja from 1983 that’s what I call crappy movies but ones you still connect to Revenge makes those movies look like Enter The Dragon level. Lol

the parts with conor are the best ones, he's the final boss, and quite frankly, I think his acting is fine, it was no worse than the Rock's first few movies that he was in, no worse.
- Rock can act if he wants. We get so many bad actors winning awards.

6. Pointless unrealistic woke characters - a youngish black woman owning a rough rowdy roadhouse as we can't have too many white people god forbid.
Racist as well as sexist. Props!

It was a really fun movie, anyone trying to get into it other than that is silly.

That was terrible.....Credit to Conor for playing a convincing lunatic.
He wasn’t playing ,they basically handed him a script of just act the way you usually do but if you can get away with things you wouldn’t in real life .

It was really just McGregor doing an over the top version of himself to be a bigger McGregor , so that wasn’t actually acting that’s why he came off the best in this movie even more then Jake who I felt was trying to be a real fighter mostly bc of the lame dialogue he had and his overtones sounded like he was smoking pot the entire time .

Racist as well as sexist. Props!

It was a really fun movie, anyone trying to get into it other than that is silly.
It’s not racism that’s what’s actually going on in Hollywood they are required to cast non Whites in at least one leading role in movies so now we just get more contrast over us by law just trying to enjoy movies ? Lol . It’s ridiculous ,that’s racist in itself ,we just can’t watch films without now being forcefully to purposely have something pushed on us take away more freedom of choices , great . Lol,

Don’t even start with the sexism,they’re literally talking about turning the new X Men movie into all Woman and that’s in turn to the above problem I addressed . Smh

With the 'reboot'/'reimagination' of the Roadhouse movie releasing today on Amazon streaming, I have been seeing a LOT of hate and disdain for it already.

I am merely 3/4 of the way through, and I must say - as a die hard fan of the original (I wore that VHS tape the fuck out) I too am a fan of this 'reboot' but for different reasons.

I think that any fan of the original Swayze pic can agree that it was cheesy as fuck man.
"Pain don't hurt" "We will be nice, until its time to not be nice"
Please let us (as predominantly fucking GenX grown ups) agree that the acting was on par with WWF (yes, going back that far) level acting. I loved the movie for its fantasy/pseudo reality based situations and the action packed violence. But make no mistake, if the likes of Jeff Whitley and Sam Elliott weren't in the original it would have been meh at best.

This 'reboot' isn't even supposed to remotely mimic the OG.

Sure there are similarities, but fuck man... You almost can't (or don't want to) touch or try to outcheese/act the likes of Pat, or the other mediocre actors in this film.

I think Jake Gyllenhaal is the equivalent to Sam Elliott in terms of star power, or at least acting proweress in this film.
Lean into the difference and fantasy of it and you too will like it.

Its not like the "Transformers" reboots from Micrap Bae.
Because Bumblebee was never a fucking Camaro.
In my opinion Sam Elliot is massively underrated as an actor while Gyllenhall is a superstar with significantly more star power.

Back